"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

There's also the freedom to choose and make a decision. If I enter a relationship, and me and the other person know it's a monogamous relationship, we have both freely chosen to enter it, haven't we? Neither of us have lost freedom, if anything, freedom empowered us to make that decision.

If somebody knows they can do something, and that still plays a part in their mentality when they know they don't necessarily want to do something, I'm not so sure that's freedom. That's having little self-control over your own impulsive tendencies. To me, that's the opposite of freedom. When I know I don't really want to do something, but it's playing on my mind anyway.

I choose "monogamy" (quotations intentional) because it makes me happy. Having a girl that I don't share, that makes me happy is my goal.

This reminds me-- what reasons do you guys have for not wanting to "share" your significant other? I could understand STDs and pregnancies, but those can be avoid if you're sexually responsible. Is the main reason just to make things harder on yourselves and therefore somehow make your marriage "better" if you can overcome even more challenges? Or is this just a jealousy thing?

I want to be married, and have kids and lead muggiw's definition of a "boring" life. I feel I'm kinky enough to keep the sex life strong, up until I'm in my mid-life. After that, it'll be an emotional thing, something that can only be maintained by YEARS of determination and love. Something that Muggiw, with his current life style will never understand. If I get what I want I'll be happy. I understand it will be excruciatingly difficult to achieve this.

to make my argument short (whether or not you disagree with me whatever) I want to be happy. Whatever makes me happy is what I do. I beleive that everyone else should follow the same creed. If it makes you happy - do it.

My main argument has always been-- your happiness goals have to be coherent with reality. Reality, in this context being, there's about a 13% chance that you're "qualified" to even make a marriage "work," and if you are, it'll be "boring" (again, "boring" is subjective). Even if you're in that 13%, you're still basically betting your long-term happiness and financial stability on a coin toss . Even if you, RPG, are in the "boring" category (which I don't think you are), this isn't a very smart or realistic "goal" to set for yourself. Obfuscator could go without sex for the rest of his life at any given time. Can you?

Or he just uses the knowledge earned here to make sure he marries someone similar and try and find someone within that 13% itself? And random thought, could it be the case that a marriage of someone within that 13% is far more likely to succeed because they are likely to find someone within that 13% as well?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Quick question Muggi:

Looking at your posts, by the sounds of it you are into polyamory because of the sexual freedom it offers. What will you do once you reach the age when your sexual drive slows down? This will happen eventually.

That probably won't happen till I'm in my 50s or 60s.

It will decrease. You're now at the age where males want sex most. If anything, your sex drive right now above normal (which probably explains why you're putting so damn high in your relationship priorities), and it will start slowing down in a few years. Furthermore, you're male. Female sex drive generally goes significantly down much earlier than their 50s or 60s. If it takes two to tango, and you're 55, and you have difficulty attracting younger women whose sex drive matches yours, then choice is really an irrelevance. Unless you're gay, of course, which I'm guessing you're not.

2 points:

1) my buddy's girlfriend's parents still bang like rabbits, and they've been exclusive for over 20 years.

2) Biologically speaking, you're entirely correct. Girls are starting their periods earlier (I've seen numerous menarch's start at age 8) which means they'll be hitting menopause much earlier in life (I have no statistic on a legitimate guess, but I'd place money in the 35-40 range). This results in a near non-existent sex life past age 50. Thus, older guys will look to younger girls, and younger girls will look to older guys (as they will mature far faster than the male group of their age) for sex. I don't see traditional relationships as we know them existing in 30 years.

As to what I want my marriage to look like Muggiw? I don't know. I want it to surprise me, call it stupid if you will, I call it interesting. I don't know what I want from a relationship generally for the same reason. But that's why I'm so picky and critical of the girls I even attempt to date. They have a huge role in my life to fulfill, and while yes that cuts majorly into the amount of sex I'm having verse how much I could be having, I'm okay with sacrificing it, because the sex is 10x better when it's the right person that you waited for.

(not to mention I highly desire kids, that I'd like to raise with a loving wife)

And if you want to be super label-y I've been in a OLTR for about 6 years now. Except I don't talk to her anymore. Food for thought.

Sexual freedom: Is it free of the desire, or free to express the desire however you please?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

2) Biologically speaking, you're entirely correct. Girls are starting their periods earlier (I've seen numerous menarch's start at age 8) which means they'll be hitting menopause much earlier in life (I have no statistic on a legitimate guess, but I'd place money in the 35-40 range). This results in a near non-existent sex life past age 50. Thus, older guys will look to younger girls, and younger girls will look to older guys (as they will mature far faster than the male group of their age) for sex. I don't see traditional relationships as we know them existing in 30 years.

What I've heard from several women past 50 is that they would enjoy sex, but it's the husband who isn't willing or isn't capable of performing.

It's just some people I've talked with, I don't have any statistics to back it up, sorry.

Dear Muggi,

I recently moved into a new apartment and the place is crawling with ants! I'm a bit short on money and I don't want to hire one of those big-shot exterminators, so I was wondering if you had any handy tips on how to get these rascals out of here?

Thanks in advance,

Annoyed in Arkansas

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Dear Muggi,

I recently moved into a new apartment and the place is crawling with ants! I'm a bit short on money and I don't want to hire one of those big-shot exterminators, so I was wondering if you had any handy tips on how to get these rascals out of here?

Thanks in advance,

Annoyed in Arkansas

Dump them.

22031_s.gif

no no no, you should have never committed to the apartment, then you'd be free to leave it and all it's shoddy qualities and be happily homeless.

(was that the joke?)

Dear Muggi,

Thanks in advance,

Annoyed in Arkansas

Dear Annoyed in Arkansas,

I have about fifty brown recluse spiders that I could release inside your apartment to combat your ant problem. I understand that money is an issue, so I’ll loan you my spiders for only $40.

For a small additional fee of just $10, you can upgrade to the “Gold Extermination Plan,” which includes about two-dozen black widow spiders. And for an additional $15/month, you can join the exclusive “Platinum Extermination Club,” which includes a wasp nest installation right inside your home! Ants hate wasps! This is a great value that you won't find anywhere else-- I'd highly recommend it! Let me know if you’re interested and we can set up a payment plan!

Best,

Muggi

77yLQy8.png

don't worry, after a few days of seeing you prance around your apartment naked i'm sure they'll leave of their own accord :P

Would you cover me in spiders and wasps? I'd cover me in spiders and wasps so hard.

This really is the best topic to come to for advice.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

A girl just talked to me of her own free will.

Guys, does this mean she wants the D?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

does this mean she wants the D?

jQFFJ.jpg

Na, she was probably just trying to be friendly unless she was super flirty or something like that.

We really need to make a new sticky topic that is titled "Muggi's advice thread" where people ask Muggi for advice.

One thing i found very annoying is a guy on Facebook complaining how he can't have a normal relationship because he used to sleep around in high school. Suddenly all these typical "[bleep]tish" 17 year old girls are like "awwwwwe dont worry <name>, you're a great guy, you'll find one!"

Completely oblivious it was people like these that even PREVENTED normal guys (or girls) from having a standard relationship that doesn't revolve around partying/sex/drugs/booze. Ugh, makes my head hurt. Swear I have a picture of this some where...

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

I offer a sociological answer in that we humans follow trends, the more people that behave one way, the more people will behave that way.

^ wat. People that sleep around prevent others from normal relationships...

Do explain.

Im not sure, he was kinda ranting on about how he can't have a peaceful relationship because he's notorious for sleeping around back in high school (like 80% of guys anyway) and that a normal non-drinking girl wont want to settle with him because he still goes out partying.

I'm not 100% sure, its basically a case of him complaining to be treated like a "nice guy", despite screwing over many nice guys back in school. Kinda like a arrogant jock who beats up kids in school, then later expects those people to respect him for trying to be nice. It's basically hypocriticalness in a confused way.

Bacon.

Popoto.~<3

If there's one thing I've learnt over the years, it is that most girls are into sex just as much as guys. Some girls are actually a lot seedier than they let on, they just don't tell everyone about it.

Also TIm, I see your point about how it's funny because that guy is now complaining, but his actions shouldn't strongly affect other males in a negative way. If he was that much of an ass people would get pretty sick of his shit quickly.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Eh. There's so much drama on FB these days.

Slightly related to relationships, I've noticed when I AM in a relationship, I suddenly become happy, flirtatious and bouncy. Yet when I'm not, I'm very shut-in, quiet and moaning around. Thoughts?

Popoto.~<3