"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

inb4 "the internet told me to" is a legal defense. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm contemplating changing my online dating username to

>_>

If that works I'm never going near online dating ever again.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

One day, someone is going to get arrested for groping and blame it on the advice they got in this thread

Nowhere did I ever suggest to grope, Nor anyone since I started posting here. I say touch on the arm, try and hold her hand.

No one is accusing as such, but the word touch has such a malicious connotation to it in the context of hitting on girls. Especially when read as TOUCH THEM. TOUCH THEM LOTS AND THEY'LL LIKE YOU

One day, someone is going to get arrested for groping and blame it on the advice they got in this thread

Nowhere did I ever suggest to grope, Nor anyone since I started posting here. I say touch on the arm, try and hold her hand.

"Touch her arm?" "Escalate slowly?"

"Well it's been three minutes since I bumped her and she slapped me so I'll bet I can go for third base now!"

You vastly overestimate our reading comprehension and common sense, Donnie.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

this is 90% stating the obvious, especially for dates and early relationships. If this is common sense to you then its probably not advice for you.

I am writing this for guys I know who may get a girlfriend or a date then not kiss her for a month because they are waiting for "the right moment" (read: "her to initiate") and Im trying to say that for these ultra nice guys that touching isn't a bad thing are you aren't a pervert rapist for doing it. That she likes you and wants you to make a move.

http://youtu.be/sIyv9z-5lhQ

^

This is more or less what I'm telling you to do. This is a rejection and its good, in this case the reason was the fat guy. If she wasn't that into you, you would get that response here. On a date this is a good thing to do.

How do I approach a girl under the conditions that I don't know her name, I only pass by her on Sunday mornings, and she is always with a group of people without seeming weird? She and I used to be in the same room for lab exams last year. I have had several dreams about her recently, and I have just been dying to meet her.

Hey you were in my Lab exam last semester right?

Shit was rough, wasn't it?

(conversation)

Well anyway, thought I'd say hey, I'll talk to you later!

This for this year-end, I am going to Germany for a week as a member of a youth exchange. With me are coming 8 girls from Estonia. None that I have ever met before, methinks. And at least 7 of them are aged 16-18.

I suppose I am going to try that touching thing, if I meet a girl I like enough. If I don't get a kiss this New Years' Eve now, I will quit this forum. And I don't wanna quit TIF, it has been a part of my life for years now.

And at least from brief overview of FB, at least one of them is seriously hot. But most had pics only visible to friends, so I don't know. And we do have the prettiest girls in the whole wide world, so there is bound to be somebody.

And if all else fails, there will be youth from Georgia, Ukraine, Poland and Germany aswell.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

EDIT: Oh wait, for some reason the fact that you had lab together didn't really register with me.

What RPG said, but did you interact with her at all during that lab?

In other news, I think I may need some advice as well. I'm not going to ask yet though because I'm still not sure what to ask, I just know I'm not handling things all that well. If I can't think of a good way to put it I'll just post a wall of text explaining the situation later.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

How do I approach a girl under the conditions that I don't know her name, I only pass by her on Sunday mornings, and she is always with a group of people without seeming weird? She and I used to be in the same room for lab exams last year. I have had several dreams about her recently, and I have just been dying to meet her.

Make that "I think I know you but I'm not sure I do" face, then "...you were in my labs right?"

• Like 1

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

There's been a lot of talk about friendzone and stuff, and i kind of have to agree with some of the people on here who say that the firendzone only exists when you make it exist. If you're not going to do anything to make things happen between the two of you, nothing probably will. Remember that girls are human too, and they're just as scared as guys are (whether we like to admit it or not). Also a lot of them, whether they want to admit it or not, are still very old fashioned meaning that they're not going to make a move on a guy, they're going to wait till h does so because they believe it's your duty as a guy to do it. This i find pure and utter bullshit because how many women protest for gender equality then go to a bar and wait for a guy to hit on them? Anyway that's another day's battle.

To get back on point, they're going to wait for you to make the first big move. Until you make that big move, you're putting yourself in the waiting line for the friendzone. Th longer you wait to make your big move, the closer you're going to get to the front of the line. And once you get to the front of the line (the friendzone) it might be hard to get out (but not impossible).

6 years ago when i first moved to the middle east, i met a cute Welsh girl through a friend. We pretty much hit it off right away. She was really pretty and made me very nervous. The first night i tried making an impression on her. We all went out to a Shisha bar and spent the night there. It was a lot of fun. When we were on our way home me and the girl shared a cab because she lived close to where i lived. We talked a bit in the car but it was really awkward. I asked her for her number as we got to her house and told her maybe we can hang out some time. Now i knew we would hang out again at some point (probably the next weekend) because my she and my friend knew each other pretty well.

About a week or two later me and the girl talked on a daily basis, saw each other a few times a week. I liked her a lot but i was scared to do anything. I was 16 or 17, i had 0 game, i had bad skin, low self confidence. I had a good feeling this girl liked me but i kept telling myself that "she can't like me, look at me" and that's how it began. I always told my self i would try get her alone but i never really did because i was scared, haha. We ended up becoming great friends (i put myself in the friendzone). It's now 6 years later, we still talk on a daily basis, i still wish i had done something. I have told her this many times and she told me many times that she wished i did something too.

So basically, i put myself in the friendzone because i was too scared to do something. Girls are only going to wait so long before they lose interest in you, so you better do something to show your interest in her before that time's up.

My two cents.

To be clear, I don't really like the term friendzone either. I only use it in this thread because it's a simpler way of conveying a principle that everyone more or less agrees on.

If you really want to get specific, the way I see it is, you're either in the Yes , No, or Maybe category.

The yes category is good to be in for obvious reasons.

The no category is also good to be in because you don't have to waste your time on a girl that's already labeled you as no. Some could argue that it's possible to go from being a no to a yes, but I'm not here to argue that. My stance is that if you're in the no category, it's not worth the time and effort getting into the yes category. Hopefully I don't need to elaborate as to why it's a bad idea to try and get out of the no category.

The maybe category is the worst category to be in. This is categorized by the constant "Does she like me or not? How will she react if I do this, this, or that? The other day she seemed really interested but for some reason she doesn't now! What's up with that?!" People go insane when they're stuck in the maybe category. Your goal at all times should be to put yourself into either the yes or no category ASAP so you can either continue to develop a relationship with the girl, or quickly move on to another cute girl who is interested in you.

Most people would rather be in the maybe category than in the no category. They don't realize that the no category is by far better than maybe.

77yLQy8.png

Amen. At least with "no" you know where you stand.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A more personal example...

When I do my online dating, I'm always scheduling dates with at least two women at a time. The goal is to determine if I'm a yes or a no as quickly as possible. If I'm a yes, then all I have to do is keep doing what I've been doing and not shoot myself in the foot. Fortunately if I shoot myself in the foot, there's plenty of other interested girls out there. Same goes for if I'm in the no category. Just forget about her, and move on to other girls who seem interested.

This concept doesn't really work too well if you're fixated on one girl, though. Even if you're a yes, you're still going to be unhappy at times because you'll be terrified of what happens if you longer remain a yes. If you're doing things one girl at a time, you'll be happier as a no without any fears or false hopes. But then you'll also be alone until the cycle restarts with another girl :P

Just another reason as to why you should always be in contact with multiple women, regardless of if your end-goal is monogamy or polyamory.

77yLQy8.png

I just came across this and it seemed oddly appropriate

100708.jpg

:lol:

"I have dreams about you."

And then wait for her to respond, don't say anything else. Breathe with your mouth slightly open. Don't blink.

• Like 5

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

"I have dreams about you."

And then wait for her to respond, don't say anything else. Breathe with your mouth slightly open. Don't blink.

and be sure to stroke her arm gently while saying so, after all you have to touch to get out of the friendzone

• Like 5

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Stop, stop. I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt. :lol:

My ex has been texting me a lot the past few days. I'm not sure why. It's weird because it's the kind of texts she used to send me when we were together.

I like hearing from her again, and i like conversing with her again. It kind of reminds me of what we had.

She asked me today, if the world was to end now, would i be by her side...

I've been the only person besides her family that's come into her life ans stayed after saying i would. Most people always just use her for something then abandon her and i'm the one person that never did in spite of what she put me through when we broke up. I do kinda feel like i miss her. And i would jump at being with her again. And i have a good feeling that things can be very different this time because i'll have a job, and a good one. We can live together which means we won't have that frustration that builds up from only seeing each other on weekends.

See this shit? I'm going mad.

Agreed. The further away the bad times are, the easier it gets to fall into the trap of remembering all the good times. I've had similar moments with my ex-wife, and even considered it, but I always remind myself of why we split and why those things would just happen again. People can change over time, but in my experience it's not enough to overcome things like that.

Just remember: No matter how a donkey may travel, he will never return as a horse.

• Like 1

Only reason we broke up was because she went to California for College and i came to Florida for College and both of our courses was going to be 18 months +.

I mean we has our fights ans shit when we were together, but nothing that isn't normal. We just kind of had a big fallout few weeks after we broke up because i guess she was a bit confused.