"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Thats what I always put in my head, but I guess shit changes when your stimulus gets cut from bipolar meds

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How does this thread feel about sex on the first date?

Are these things you tell others or do yourself?

The only difference between sex on a first date and sex at any later time is that it will probably take longer to get to sex altogether if you push for it on the first date, compared to if you were to "wait."

In other words, if I was to try and score on every 1st date, I imagine it'd probably take me at least 5-6 hours to hook up. As opposed to spending 1 hour on a first date, and then simply having the 2nd date back at your place and having sex immediately, for a grand total of ~2 hours instead of 5-6.

Though I imagine things would be different if I had a ONS/sex-oriented online dating profile rather than a relationship-oriented profile. If my profile was sex-oriented, I could probably get girls to just come straight over to my place lol

If you're like my brother and you live in a city like LA where it takes at least an hour to actually get to the 1st date location, then yeah it makes sense to try and get to sex on the first date. But if you're like me and most of your dates are within walking distance to your apartment, then I don't really see the point in making things harder than they need to be. :P

Not sure why the condom/birth control discussion is relevant here though. It's not like postponing sex magically wards off pregnancies and STDs :P

77yLQy8.png

I just got real rattled when the girl I was with told me I was sexually repressed when I said I prefer to use condoms and that she personally hates them, then went on to say she said I was the only guy thats ever said they prefer condoms. Through me for quite a loop, so I wanted to get my bearings on social normativity of the subject. Im still pretty convinced im not too weird but it got me wondering

I just got real rattled when the girl I was with told me I was sexually repressed when I said I prefer to use condoms and that she personally hates them, then went on to say she said I was the only guy thats ever said they prefer condoms. Through me for quite a loop, so I wanted to get my bearings on social normativity of the subject. Im still pretty convinced im not too weird but it got me wondering

Far from normal. EVERY FRIEND I know who didn't use them and said "its okay, I'll pull out" or "she's on the pill", is now a dad. Only one hasn't knocked up someone because he shoots blanks, however it didn't stop him from catching herpes.

Same with sex with guys; unless you've been together for a long time, STD etc free and have talked a lot about it, you always wear a rubber. I've only done it once without one and that was with my ex (because we both were clean, dated for 8 months, talked about it etc etc)

tl;dr - better safe then being a dad/walking HIV bomb.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Most of my friends (men and women) would prefer not to use a condom, but then they'd prefer not having an unwanted pregnancy / STI to having one. If those two principles clash, the vast majority of people I know would go with the latter, not the former.

You're definitely not weird for wanting to use a condom with a new sexual partner, at least not in my experience (of talking to and working with both sexes). From an outside view, it looks more like she's trying to bully you into not using one.

I'm not going to speculate on her motives. :)

As for sex on a first date: I know girls who've had sex on every first date they've been on (usually involves alcohol), I know girls who refuse to. I even know girls who believe in abstinence before marriage. Surely being able to read the situation is a skill you should know by now. :P

To be honest I prefer using condoms than bare-backing just because it's easier to clean up (in comparison) afterwards :P, pregnancy + STD prevention are also useful benefits. My girlfriend has had the implant for 2 years or so now. But I still get a mini-heart attack (not quite) every time she says she's missed a period.

@RpgGamer, there is nothing wrong in wanting to remain STD and child free. And you can control that (for the most part) with your choice of contraceptive method.

Luck be a Lady

Condoms don't do much for herpes though regardless, that's kind of a gamble regardless

YOU WILL GET PREGNANT AND DIE. EVERY TIME.

• Like 2

Once again, I have proven myself of how utter wuss I am.

Been out on four dates already, still haven't gotten first base.

I am 90% sure she wants it. I want it. Yet here I am. Again.

Well, I still have time to get it.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

If she agreed to go on a date with you she expects to at the very least kiss you in the near future. Its not like its going to be a total shock to her (though I know youre going to argue cultural difference here which makes me really want to pick the mind of a native Estonian girl). Cause here in America you're lucky if you even get a second date if you dont kiss on the first.

Well, we both are (at least I think we both are) not really that experienced or outgoing. She is not a one-night stand or a party-girl type and we both have ridiculously tight schedules. I am a complete disaster, she less so, but still.

And well, we did just go out, talked, went swimming, watched a movie, did some waterpipe.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Well, we both are (at least I think we both are) not really that experienced or outgoing. She is not a one-night stand or a party-girl type and we both have ridiculously tight schedules. I am a complete disaster, she less so, but still.

And well, we did just go out, talked, went swimming, watched a movie, did some waterpipe.

I heard something a long time ago (might have been in the movie Hitch) where they said that more often than not the first kiss is in the middle of a sentence. I'm not saying it's fact, i'm just saying that this something i used to my advantage. To calm myself, i guess. Whenever i found myself really nervous to kiss a girl i would think about it more than i should, and one way to get myself to stop thinking about it is to talk about something random. Halfway through the sentence i would just go for it.

She's not going to reject you, and if she does she's not going to be a [bleep] about it. Chances are she's thinking about it more than you are. Anticipating it.

All you need is that one "leap" and who knows, she might be doing your waterpipe in the near future.

I am planning it for the next time we go out.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc