"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

All the elegance of a 9 year old in that comment.

If I'm going to get attacked for having a kid & then get called a guy, you may as well call me a 9 year old too. 

Eh, I was comparing you to a 9 year old, not directly calling you one.

Regardless a comment like that with only two words adds nothing to the discussion, especially where it is 90% males talking about body sprays in a relationship thread. As a female input could actually be provided as to the kind of spray's/smells you usually find good overall and actually contribute to the conversation as opposed to posting for the sake of posting.

You don't really know someone until you live with them. Fact

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I mean Maria's probably a troll so don't take it too seriously but there's lots of people like her who do that. Listen to loveline you hear a story like Maria's at least once a week

listen to loveline you hear trolling once a week

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Your posts are just 1 character which are considered spam under rule 1.2 of these forums. Mods have the right to delete them.... However, this could be avoided if you just left your [bleep]ing text in all of your posts instead of deleting it.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Going to be having dinner with my SO's family later on. Normally I'm ok with these kinda things but her family is very extended, I'd be lying if I weren't a little anxious. Any way to not be terribly socially awkward in such settings? I figured I would just eat my food and smile and nod.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I dumped my irl bf back in '09 (the week I had the hysterectomy actually), but when I was with him he took me over to his parent's house. His mom just asked me a few questions about myself, but my then bf & I just hung out in the living room watching House (that show sucked btw, but my bf was into it). I never went to a formal family dinner or w/e with him, but ppl around here aren't exactly formal.

I'm Jewish and just got back from my girlfriends very Catholic Christmas dinner. Basically just don't be an ass and stand your ground when challenged. It's not overly difficult, especially with bigger families because there's that much more going on to take attention away from the fact that you're new

Just came here to say this: Don't lie.

Relationships shouldn't be based on lies. They should be based in trust, honesty, love and care.

You don't have to say the truth if not asked, but if they do ask you something; Tell it to them or things will just get worse without proper communication.

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

Just came here to say this: Don't lie.

Relationships shouldn't be based on lies. They should be based in trust, honesty, love and care.

You don't have to say the truth if not asked, but if they do ask you something; Tell it to them or things will just get worse without proper communication.

I think this is common sense to everyone. Most people already understand what the "ideals" are for relationships-- don't lie, love your partner, yadda yadda yadda... But despite knowing what a relationship "should" look like, their relationships still end up in the shitter. It's the attempts to apply these ideals in a practical manner which end up confusing and damaging everyone.

When it comes to lying, chances are, if you're totally honest and tell the truth when asked, you're still going to be in deep shit and your relationship really won't become any healthier or more trustworthy as a result of your honesty. People are emotional creatures and if the truth offends them, then they will resent you for it. In an ideal world, we could be honest all the time with minimal backlash... But that's not how things work in the real world.

Or you could lie, but then you have to keep making up lies to cover your ass. This is stressful and chances are your partner will find out you were lying eventually, and then things will blow up.

IME the best solution is to change the subject or don't take the question seriously and answer sarcastically/jokingly. Unless it's really a big issue, they'll leave it at that and won't press any harder. If they insist, then you can tell the truth.

Part of the reason I only pursue open relationships is because I would be lying if I told a girl that I could be happy with her and only her and that I'd never cheat on her for the rest of our lives. I think that any guy with a high sex drive is making a mistake by thinking he can be happily monogamous for the rest of his life. Chances are, he will eventually cheat or he will remain faithful and sexually frustrated/bored. It's not necessarily the fact that he cheated that's bad-- it's the fact that he made a big promise to her and was unable to keep it.

77yLQy8.png

So turns out if you're using the POF app you can send voice messages to people. It sucks because I can't copy and paste voice messages lol

So I came up with another elaborate, diabolical scheme :twisted:

1. I record my copypasta on my iPhone voice recorder

2. I playback my voice recording while recording it with my computer microphone

3. I record the computer recording with the POF app and send the message. I can even modify the computer recording to make my voice sound deeper LOL

Too much trouble to be practical but it's still amusing to mess around with.

Edit: just realized step 1 is completely unnecessary because I'm retarded

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

ohhhhh lorde'.

I think I've decided I'm incapable of a relationship. After my new years binge drinking and sleeping with 2 guys I had no attachment to them at all. Like normally in the past there was sometimes a spark but this time It was just pure ecstasy and zero affection.

WELP I've become one of those undatable gays now, time to buy 30 kittens and live on as a crazy cat lady. :v

As for smells on the last page, I normally just use anti-sweat spray at work (the shirts we have absorb sweat so they stink anyway) and whenever I go out I use cologne, but I've sadly run out and I dunno what brand to buy this time.

Popoto.~<3

Watching Tim evolve is a great spectation

• Like 3

ohhhhh lorde'.

I think I've decided I'm incapable of a relationship. After my new years binge drinking and sleeping with 2 guys I had no attachment to them at all. Like normally in the past there was sometimes a spark but this time It was just pure ecstasy and zero affection.

WELP I've become one of those undatable gays now, time to buy 30 kittens and live on as a crazy cat lady. :v

As for smells on the last page, I normally just use anti-sweat spray at work (the shirts we have absorb sweat so they stink anyway) and whenever I go out I use cologne, but I've sadly run out and I dunno what brand to buy this time.

You seem mature enough to be capable of enjoying sex without needing an emotional romantic connection... why not just keep having fun with the casual sex until you find someone you like?

77yLQy8.png

I think it's actually realizing I've managed to teach myself to get to that point. After having so many (though few) horrible encounters with guys, I've taught myself to NEVER have emotions for anyone. If by some rare hell I find the right guy, I'll know but until then yeah. I have no problem with it, it's just it's taken me so long to teach myself not to be so emotionally stupid.

The odd emotional freakouts though I'm still trying to cope and fix. :\

Popoto.~<3

It ain't that hard to pick a cologne now, is it?

Also, I can't recognize myself from a few years ago.

I keep having trouble of having too much people around.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc