"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I know it's not like my clothes won't fit after two weeks but it's just something I wanted to take into account. I've invested /a lot/ into my clothes over the last couple years (ie since I lost all my weight) and I don't want to have to do it again in a year or two.

Or just get a physical job.

yeah let just quit my awesome programming job that'll let me advance directly into a mid-level job position right out of school

ozXHe7P.png

You can get a side job... I worked 2-3h 3x a week in a warehouse, chucking 25kg bags of bulk raw plastic around when I was in uni. Granted, pay wasn't too good, but actually hourly it came up higher than my job in IT afterwards. I got paid by the ton and I could chuck about 5-6 tons an hour.

Can't wait to get back home to see people again. 2 more weeks to go.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You can get a side job... I worked 2-3h 3x a week in a warehouse, chucking 25kg bags of bulk raw plastic around when I was in uni. Granted, pay wasn't too good, but actually hourly it came up higher than my job in IT afterwards. I got paid by the ton and I could chuck about 5-6 tons an hour.

it'll make him stronger but it's prob not as efficient as just having a workout program to follow. if he has a physical job, he's exercising, but he's not training. this article talks about it more in-depth, but in a nutshell, unless his physical job has him lifting increasingly heavy objects every week, he's not going to be as strong as he would be if were at the gym, following a progression where he increases the intensity every time so his body has to constantly adapt to increasingly difficult stimuli

77yLQy8.png

idk it seems going to the gym is a magnitude of an order more sensible and efficient than getting a manual labor job I wouldn't qualify for in the first place

also I already have two jobs so like lol

I mean I appreciate you trying Saq but you come across as kind of condescending and you one-up peeps and it just annoys me, sorry. Also nationalism scares me.

ozXHe7P.png

idk it seems going to the gym is a magnitude of an order more sensible and efficient than getting a manual labor job I wouldn't qualify for in the first place

also I already have two jobs so like lol

I mean I appreciate you trying Saq but you come across as kind of condescending and you one-up peeps and it just annoys me, sorry. Also nationalism scares me.

ehh I think saqs was sincerely just trying to help. I didn't really sense any condescension or one-upsmanship in his posts >_>

77yLQy8.png

You've gotta stop thinking everyone is always one-upping or condescending or letting down someone. Sometimes it does happen, but that's life. It helps a lot if you think that sometimes people can be and can do some good aswell. Have faith.

I don't think you need to look like a Greek god or Adonis to be succesful. When you have clothes on, it doesn't matter if you have a sixpack. If you like to walk in too tight shirts and stuff and flaunt your muscles to everyone then at least around here it is actually considered off-putting. Gives the idea that one is just a brainless douche whose life only consists of gym and maybe steroids. But what does matter is that you have some bulk on your upper body, so that clothes don't just hang on you like on a coat hanger. And for that bulk you don't need to properly train heaps in a gym, exercising and working physically helps to get and maintain it aswell. It's not like a girl would leave you just for not having a sixpack when you' ve already gotten to the point of taking clothes off.

Although, to be honest, I don't know how it is like to be 5'8"... That's about a cm short of the female average for Estonians and an inch shorter than my mom.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

You've gotta stop thinking everyone is always one-upping or condescending or letting down someone. Sometimes it does happen, but that's life. It helps a lot if you think that sometimes people can be and can do some good aswell. Have faith.

"always?" You're the only one I said is condescending or one-upping lol. And I said I appreciate your trying.

Not if I beat you to it first. I'm only missing South America and Antarctica :D

That's not one-upping? You're literally bragging to someone who lived below the poverty line for two decades you've traveled more.

You're completely oblivious to the fact 1) I'm going to school full time 2) I have two jobs. 3) I literally struggle to pick up a 10 ream case of paper.  These are things I've mentioned in this thread, just on the last few pages!

Being 6'8 also helps.

You grossly underestimate how much being 6' 8" helps you vs how much being 5' 8" hurts me.

This is just your replies to me in the last couple pages.

ozXHe7P.png

I hope hell exists and it's reserved for people who stand others up

I'm more reliable than a [bleep]ing clock why can't others be.

that's it for tonight

I deleted the extra rude bits. I tend to get egotistical when I get mad. I apologize.

btw if I hear "you're [cute / funny / sweet / nice / good] but..." one more time

apparently none of those attributes mean anything

none of them

Socialization and dating has made me cynical of people.

That enough? Past few pages.

After one-upping Antarctica I just mentioned that it isn't THAT off limits and gave a tip on how to get there cheapest. I've only had budget trips, backpacking through countries. Travelling isn't that expensive, I could probably handle a week-long trip to somewhere in Europe for just 200 bucks.

I wasn't mentioning that physical job to you alone, I mentioned that it could work instead of a gym in general.

And height is something that is out of your or my powers, so you've gotta just take it out of the equation. You shouldn't be hurt by it. And with my height, I get physically hurt by it all the time, cause buildings and cars aren't built for people my size :D

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

And I forgot to add to my post before the previous one, that you don't need to look too big or bulky, but you just need to look like you can hold your own on a fight or carry a woman up a flight of stairs. If ever I can't do that, I'll immediately go to a gym, but I get enough exercise for that as is right now.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

What does that have to do with anything? I already apologized for my stupid rants. I hadn't taken my medication for a few days. I was emotionally unstable.

re: traveling, I don't have the luxury of skipping out for of work for weeks because I have bills that are due every month regardless of if I'm home or not. And plane ticket to Europe is easily $500... So that exceeds your budget by $300 just to get there. I'm /responsible/ so I'm saving for an emergency fund to last 3 months (6 months is simply unreasonable at my income level), so the fantasy of traveling is simply reserved for when I graduate and get a good job ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ozXHe7P.png

Also 6-7 years ago I was the biggest loser in this thread. I haven't done any life-changing changes since then, just worked on a few small things and in general stopped giving that much of a damn.

And it has worked!

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Everbody has bills to pay, whether they are home or not.

But I keep forgetting that in rest of the world paid vacation and sick leave aren't a thing...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

nvm

I'm sorry. I come from a life where I've had to struggle and fight and claw for every good thing in my life because of mental illness, poverty, and circumstance. So it's a bit (...very) grating to have someone from a much different upbringing ignore these things when giving advice. Like I said, I appreciate it. I hope you understand why it just comes across as condescending to me as a result.

Edited by Veiva
  • Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent the evening going to three gyms.

Literally the only good gym is preeeeeeeeetty expensive.

Planet Fitness doesn't have much weightlifting equipment and is packed and gross. The other competition, Trufit, is too small and crowded.

edit: there's one I was suggested near my job / school so I'll check them out tomorrow.

ozXHe7P.png

So I spent the evening going to three gyms.

Literally the only good gym is preeeeeeeeetty expensive.

Planet Fitness doesn't have much weightlifting equipment and is packed and gross. The other competition, Trufit, is too small and crowded.

edit: there's one I was suggested near my job / school so I'll check them out tomorrow.

do not go to planet fitness.

find an LA Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, YMCA, or Gold's Gym. I go to 24 hr and it's only like $30/mo

77yLQy8.png

yeah muscles are worse today haha.

So I went bicycling today (gym mon/wed/fri, bicycling tues/thu). My bike had a flat at the furthest point on my route so I dropped it and jogged home (picked it back up with my car + bike rack, no way I'm walking a flat bike home 2 miles).

I /hurt/ going up the stairs at school today.

(On the bright side, being able to pick up the bike in a car was so [bleep]ing amazing. It makes me smile.)

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

There you go! Them gainzzzz

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I've started using the following opener on Tinder and so far it has worked every time.

"Selling dog pics. Price - your contacts"

Helps that we have a pretty and photogenic dog.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc