"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

On the flip side anyone I'd date for a long term relationship would have to be willing to accept my dressing in such a manner or it's not going to work.

That really limits my dating pool lol.

yes your options are going to be very limited to nonexistant >_> lol

I'm not interested in a long term relationship because I doubt I'll find someone who mutually loves me after they get to know me because of my quirks, personality, and mental illness.

Dating is a game to me and I want to be good at it. The relationship part is irrelevant.

ozXHe7P.png

That moment when your last night's date tells you the next morning she should have invited you in to put a beautiful "point" on a day.

Damn that dating with 2 shy people who are not too experienced with body language.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Eh, I see it as a classic string along tactic. I guess you'll find out next time.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I feel like I have a ton of problems with first dates. I went on my first date from Tinder in a long time last week. We met up, she was really cute, we had a nice conversation over coffee for like an hour, and...that was it. Like we had a ton in common but we never really broke past talking about mutual interests / kinda small talk-y background stuff. Like at the end of the day this was one date and maybe this girl just wasn't attracted to me in person or something but I feel like I'm doing something wrong with how many of my dates I've been on have ended this way, like I need to find a way to make these more fun. bleh, just kinda frustrating, especially when I've been in a way better place mentally lately and I just want that to translate to other areas in my life I've been trying to improve on lol.

But it's all a process I guess and at least I'm finally trying again - a string of bad dates / an extended bout of depression after moving here  / latent oneitis / excessive weed use really set me back for a while and now I'm just trying to make up for what feels like lost time now that I've mostly moved past these things.

Did you do body contact straight from the beginning? That helps.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I feel like I have a ton of problems with first dates. I went on my first date from Tinder in a long time last week. We met up, she was really cute, we had a nice conversation over coffee for like an hour, and...that was it. Like we had a ton in common but we never really broke past talking about mutual interests / kinda small talk-y background stuff. Like at the end of the day this was one date and maybe this girl just wasn't attracted to me in person or something but I feel like I'm doing something wrong with how many of my dates I've been on have ended this way, like I need to find a way to make these more fun. bleh, just kinda frustrating, especially when I've been in a way better place mentally lately and I just want that to translate to other areas in my life I've been trying to improve on lol.

But it's all a process I guess and at least I'm finally trying again - a string of bad dates / an extended bout of depression after moving here / latent oneitis / excessive weed use really set me back for a while and now I'm just trying to make up for what feels like lost time now that I've mostly moved past these things.

Did you touch her at all? If not, she’s prob gonna assume you just want to be friends

77yLQy8.png

Initial meet and greet is important but it sounds like you're not planting enough seeds of intimacy. Physical touch helps with that a lot. You can carry conversation and be funny all day but so can her mom/brother/best friend/other non sexual acquaintance. You have to have some degree of primal energy in order for someone to reciprocate it.

• Like 1

Was going to ask you guys a question, but then did a quick search and the first results were all you guys responding to me asking the question 3 years ago. Guessing the advice still stands but figured I'd make a post anyway just for fun.

3 years ago? Probably close to he same. Any further than 5 and I had a very different take on things, and we had a lot more voices in here

Yeah, figure it still stands although now that its been mentioned I'm going to say [bleep] it and post it anyway just in case along with the answers you guys gave back then.

Basically was just going to ask for signs to know if a girl is interested or not (phrased by 3 years ago me as "How to tell if a girl likes me") and the answers from back then are basically just stop being a [kitty] and just ask them out or whatever. Which makes sense and is probably the best action. Issue being, and again answered back then (by don't make it a problem until its a problem), that I'm about 9/10 oblivious and this girl fits into a small circle that for better or worse I'll be in for the next two years for school.

That being said I'm almost thinking it would be best to take a "don't shit where you eat" approach, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

3 years ago? Probably close to he same. Any further than 5 and I had a very different take on things, and we had a lot more voices in here

Yeah everyone here simultaneously grew up approximately 3 years ago

Just for the heck of it, what was the question?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Think I put it up in my last post but its semi hidden.

Was just going to ask how to tell if a girl likes you? Basically looking for obvious indicators of interest.

Again after reading the old responses I realise I'm just waiting for the voice of god to come down and tell me or something when I just need to ask.

Think I put it up in my last post but its semi hidden.

Was just going to ask how to tell if a girl likes you? Basically looking for obvious indicators of interest.

Again after reading the old responses I realise I'm just waiting for the voice of god to come down and tell me or something when I just need to ask.

In the past, when I was a scrawny (albeit confident) guy, the only way for me to know was to make a move and see how she responded.

But after my recent bulk I can usually tell right off the bat if she’s into me or not, on a visceral level, just by the way she looks at me and acts around me. You’d know it too if you saw it; if you have to ask, then that means you need to make a move more often (because they rarely will)

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Oh geez the ioi meta of dating - completely forgot about that stuff. I think before I was 20 I was pretty hopeless (i had had 1 GF briefly when I was 15/16 or something) and probably took muggi's advice to heart (no offence :D) but looking back over last 6 years I think I have been fairly successful (yay me) without worrying too much about iois.

Not gonna lie. The peeps that said "it'll happen" were right - the ioi stuff kinda applies if you can't gauge it ("if you have to think it was an ioi, it wasn't"?). Ask them out anyway Bonez tell them ya boy Boris will write a mean forum post about them. 

I have to confess when I met my current partner I did touch her elbow while giving her a compliment because I am a smooth dude :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades: . And yes I was thinking of Muggi...

• Like 1

Luck be a Lady

I'd like to think I was unsuccessful before I turned 20. My first long term relationship was around then.

I've had a few stable relationships (~1 year), but the majority of mine have been one night stands or just short flings.

j0xPu5R.png

Oh geez the ioi meta of dating - completely forgot about that stuff. I think before I was 20 I was pretty hopeless (i had had 1 GF briefly when I was 15/16 or something) and probably took muggi's advice to heart (no offence :D) but looking back over last 6 years I think I have been fairly successful (yay me) without worrying too much about iois.

Not gonna lie. The peeps that said "it'll happen" were right - the ioi stuff kinda applies if you can't gauge it ("if you have to think it was an ioi, it wasn't"?). Ask them out anyway Bonez tell them ya boy Boris will write a mean forum post about them. 

I have to confess when I met my current partner I did touch her elbow while giving her a compliment because I am a smooth dude :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades: . And yes I was thinking of Muggi...

was the compliment about how sharp her elbows were?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

was the compliment about how sharp her elbows were?

It was a reassuring pat on the elbow that accompanied me telling her she looks younger than me (She is 8 years older than me). I know too much swag. (Took 9 months to actually start dating but we were both busy!)

Although she does have sharp elbows.

Luck be a Lady