menstrual fluid paintings

skulloriginal

now at uni a San Franciscan artists has caused a buzz.

what is so shocking about this artist well she paints with her menstrual fluids.

the actual paintings are interesting to look at but, is this to far, to be seen as unique?

link:http://spiralingmoon.livejournal.com/2004/09/06/

i like the paintings, but imagine the smell.

oh and does anyone have the link to the other artist who uses menstrual blood on DA?

what are your thoughts, is this too far?

skull2109.jpeg

You do not deserve the vital organs you possess. I hope you die a slow, painful inversed-exploded-tumor related death.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waaaaaaaaay to much free time imo

nice pieces of work, why couldn't she just use paint, normal paint -.-

Again answered in the FAQ

Why don't you just use paint?

Using paint is not an option. My paintings are a statement about cycles. They are affirmative images that address menstruation visually.

Theres a lot more but thats basically it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

looks like she just wants to be different to get more attention.

seems more disgusting than artistic to me. i would not hang that painting in my house even if you paid me.

Along the lines of what jack said, it's probably a statement for attention, but this kind of stuff does work because we're obviously talking about it now.

I think it's pretty interesting. The paintings look detailed and well done.

either way its still disgusting.

i cant wait for impersonators to come along and try to mimic this "style" if you can call it that. ill let your imagination concoct what kind of materials impersonators would use.

I doubt she does it for attention seeing as how she doesnt promote them in art galleries.

If it wasn't for attention then she'd use normal paint. She said it's to make a statement. There's nothing wrong with making a statement, but people making them know that it works and gets people's attention.

either way its still disgusting.

i cant wait for impersonators to come along and try to mimic this "style" if you can call it that. ill let your imagination concoct what kind of materials impersonators would use.

I hardly think so. It's a taking a natural bodily cycle which is perceived to be disgusting and making it into good looking art. It's only disgusting to you because all you think of is a bleeding uterus wall when looking at the art.

Not everyone finds this stuff disgusting. I couldn't care less that it's menstrual cycle blood. I think it looks good.

I almost tossed my peanut butter pretzels. Absolutely disgusting.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

:shock: Well,I'm off to make a scuplture with boogers and faeces.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Her point, or motivation to use such fluids, and then the 'theme' in which she is using is quite beautiful to read in theory, I want to say brilliant but not really.

Regardless I don't think there's any other kind of fluid that can be used as paint that would fit her theme, or 'journal' as she discussed on the site.

I think it's pretty cool and interesting to what she did.

Her point, or motivation to use such fluids, and then the 'theme' in which she is using is quite beautiful to read in theory, I want to say brilliant but not really.

Regardless I don't think there's any other kind of fluid that can be used as paint that would fit her theme, or 'journal' as she discussed on the site.

I think it's pretty cool and interesting to what she did.

Sure its interesting, but why couldn't she just use paint? :oops: It'd save herself trouble and not disgust other people so much.

Hmm if I remember rightly from the Phobia thread, someones got a phobia of menstrual blood. cant remember who it is though

a phobia of menstrual blood it'd suck if they were female :lol:

and if you look past the fact thats its blood the art is brilliant.

my major question is how much blood would she use on some of those paintings :?

skull2109.jpeg

You do not deserve the vital organs you possess. I hope you die a slow, painful inversed-exploded-tumor related death.