Spirit of Summer-Item Lending Update

Master_Smither

[hide=Spoiler-Quest Reward]screenshotdn5.png

The ring claims to make Revenants drop more worthwhile stuff. Iiinteresting... I may have to kill my first revenent.[/hide]

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, quite liked this quest, a lot of running back and forth but it was pretty cool.

Here are some screens if anyone wants to see:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

And rewards:

Image 4

The girl, Summer, mentioned that whilst wearing the ring, Revenants may give better drops. (?) And you can teleport whilst in the Ruins to Summer's plane with the ring.

The Summoning Familiars needed are:

Spirit Wolf, Desert Wyrm and Spirit Scorpion.

Okay, so here's the deal with the cursed magic tree:

When you cut it in the ghost realm, you get cursed magic logs. You get 275 exp per log. When the tree dies, you can leave the realm and find a grown magic tree in the real wilderness. Your logs will become regular magic logs when you leave. Presumably, when the tree in the overworld dies, you can go back to the cursed realm and chop more cursed logs.

If you like chopping magics, but would rather go to an inconvenient spot in the wilderness to chop them than deal with respawns (or grow your own and use a hydra), then THIS IS THE UPDATE FOR YOU. Of course, it stops applying to me at "like chopping magics"- nobody in their right mind chops magics over yews.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I don't even like chopping Yews lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You can get additional farming xp if you use the portal at the western city again after the quest

Nice! Thank you. That 10k xp got me a Farming Level. ::'

Hmm sounds like another lame reward :roll: guess i'll reject this quest too. C'mon jagex, make some good quests like the dragon slayer sequel or something :cry: the only recent decent one was the one with the blood altar, apart from that, there hasn't been much to jump for joy over :?

And non tradeable logs? Useless :wall: unless it's great exp, burnable, and fast (which I highly doubt knowing how anything good has to be nerfed or taken down 100 noches to make it *fair*) I don't think people will be cutting the trees and it'll be another quest related place no one ever goes to again.

Oh well, i'm going for the night, very disappointed in this quest considering they fluffed around for 2 weeks - raising our hopes too I might add :|

2vuhgcn.png

Hmm sounds like another lame reward :roll: guess i'll reject this quest too. C'mon jagex, make some good quests like the dragon slayer sequel or something :cry: the only recent decent one was the one with the blood altar, apart from that, there hasn't been much to jump for joy over :?

And non tradeable logs? Useless :wall: unless it's great exp, burnable, and fast (which I highly doubt knowing how anything good has to be nerfed or taken down 100 noches to make it *fair*) I don't think people will be cutting the trees and it'll be another quest related place no one ever goes to again.

Oh well, i'm going for the night, very disappointed in this quest considering they fluffed around for 2 weeks - raising our hopes too I might add :|

If you read my post, you would know that the logs turn into magic logs upon leaving the cursed realm.

I grew the plant and went back into the cursed world, I see the doll, what do I do now?

You must now wait ~15 minutes for the Limpwurt Plant to grow in the Real World, then travel back into the Other Plane and the plant will be gone, allowing Summer to get the doll.

Note: You can wait in either the Wilderness or Other Plane, it doesn't make a difference to growth. (Pretty obvious mind you...)

I don't read everyones post but that sounds good. When you leave the realm, is it far away from a bank too? Would it be a good place to train? or another nooby spot no one ever uses? :pray:

2vuhgcn.png

I don't read everyones post but that sounds good. When you leave the realm, is it far away from a bank too? Would it be a good place to train? or another nooby spot no one ever uses? :pray:

I suggest you go read my post, it explains everything.

Well, I'm done testing the magic tree spot. Something I will never ever use, but it might be okay for some magic choppers. Now- bed. Tomorrow- Revenent hunting with the ring. I suspect the effect is to nullify their protect item effect that usually needs to be smited away, but I may be pleasantly surprised by some real drops.

I grew the plant and went back into the cursed world, I see the doll, what do I do now?

You must now wait ~15 minutes for the Limpwurt Plant to grow in the Real World, then travel back into the Other Plane and the plant will be gone, allowing Summer to get the doll.

Note: You can wait in either the Wilderness or Other Plane, it doesn't make a difference to growth. (Pretty obvious mind you...)

I have already grown the plant and I see the doll, how does Summer get it?

sig.jpg

Why are there always those certain players who whine about every update..? And before you asume things it would be wise to read some other players responses.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

You need to have planted a limpwurt plant, and wait till its fully grown (it will have the pick- option). Then go back to the spirit realm, and Summer will take the doll

On a side note; The news post on the quest stated there is a new area for combat as part of the reward. I can not recall any area for combat in the quest, does anyone know what it might refer too? (I couldve just missed it, but meh)

Knight_Simon.gif

Why are there always those certain players who whine about every update..? And before you asume things it would be wise to read some other players responses.

For your information i've only ever ranted about 10 things in 6 years of my runescape life, and i'm not like other players where they strive to diss every update, so don't judge others when you don't even know them ok, thanks.

Green - I read your earlier post now, it's a shame the mage trees are all the way out in the wildy =( guess I won't be camping there :(

Well i'm off for the night now :P

2vuhgcn.png

Totally weird and confusing quest. Lacks most logics. The girl talks about a village west of the farm by some mountains. Is it west in the dream, west in real world, and first of all, where is the farm in the first place???

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Totally weird and confusing quest. Lacks most logics. The girl talks about a village west of the farm by some mountains. Is it west in the dream, west in real world, and first of all, where is the farm in the first place???

It's the ruins beside the Bandits camp in the wild

howlin1eeveesig.png

Ok I've done the quest, got the extra 10k farming xp by entering the portal at ruins with the special tree. Tried entering the portal at original quest start point but was prevented....so where's this new combat area?

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |