Spirit of Summer-Item Lending Update

Master_Smither

Yes i know, but you can burn them in the realm.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dismissed the spirit wolf on the altar with the beast nearby, but nothing happened.. Help?

He has to be standing on or very near the disc. If I remember right the ground area lights up when he is close enough. I know that on at least one of mine the beast's feet were not touching the disc. If he gets on it you have to be quick or he'll snatch the familiar.

jfroggy

I dismissed the spirit wolf on the altar with the beast nearby, but nothing happened.. Help?

He has to be standing on or very near the disc. If I remember right the ground area lights up when he is close enough. I know that on at least one of mine the beast's feet were not touching the disc. If he gets on it you have to be quick or he'll snatch the familiar.

I keep doing that, but nothing happens. *SIGH* Pouch #53 wasted. :wall:

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

Wow 53?

sure your using the right summon?

just walk infront of the beast with the summon out as it targets them, then wal 2 steps to the other side of the disc, wait for the beast to be 1 foot on it then dismiss the familiar.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Yes, I'm on the first disk and I'm using the spirit wolf... Just now, the beast somehow killed me. #-o

Gonna go see if I left a grave, pick my stuff up, and I guess I'll just stop doing the quest until Jagex fixes all the bugs. :wall:

I think there are no bugs and you are just using the wrong method.

It's quite difficult to do

It's a nice idea from jagex, and it's good they try to do something else with quests (rather then: get this, deliver there, get that, use there kind of stuff) although this one is quite annoying :P

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Yes, I'm on the first disk and I'm using the spirit wolf... Just now, the beast somehow killed me. #-o

Gonna go see if I left a grave, pick my stuff up, and I guess I'll just stop doing the quest until Jagex fixes all the bugs. :wall:

It's not a bug... I got it on my second try. You're just doing it wrong.

Wow, lots of cool stuff found since I did the quest and went to sleep! Time to get me 10k prayer exp!

Also, has anybody killed any revs with the ring on yet?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I killed a kngiht, orc and werewolf since i got the ring, nothing more than coins.

Hmm... Well, looks like they definitely still need to be smited then. That's kind of exciting.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Do you need to smite revenants to get other rewards than coins? :/

Yes. I suspected that the use of the ring would be to replace smite, but that appears incorrect.

I just smited an orc (after wandering around for 10 minutes looking for a revenant high enough level to attack), and it dropped 768 coins. Of course, I'm not sure I smited it long enough- it was pretty pathetically easy.

Edit: Fun fact- teleblock prevents you from using Spirit of Summer portals. This includes portals where the connection is too weak- instead of the normal message, it just informs you of your teleblock. This implies that there IS a way through these portals...

Edit 2: Killed another orc- got even less coins this time. That battle drew on longer, so lots of smite got in.

I theorize that killing revenants increases the "power" or what have you, of the ring. When trying to enter some portals, you're informed that your ring isn't strong enough, correct? This is very exciting.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm confused. I've hit the beast with both the first and second disks however the third one doesn't work. I have the beast standing on the disk when I summon and dismiss the scorpion however nothing happens. Is there anything that I could be missing here?

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Man, that was... unduly exciting. Got attacked by two knights and an orc in multi. I'm not usually one to give up and run, so I stood and fought trying to take down a knight until it became apparent that they could probably KO me. So I ran, decided to get out of the wildy and restock. Hit a knight on the way out and decided to kill it, which worked through luck. For my trouble, another 400ish gp. Smited all the way.

This ring is awesome.

Has anyone been watching the RSOF for J Mods that might be throwing out hints?

Yup. I saw one J mod post- locking a spam thread cussing out Jagex. So we know they're reading the forums, but they aren't posting.

You need to kill 25 revs to get in first potal and 50 with the second...First potal you get has loads of magics and yews...second potal has monsters....This is just based off what i have heard. Remember that these are rumors.

You need to kill 25 revs to get in first potal and 50 with the second...First potal you get has loads of magics and yews...second potal has monsters....This is just based off what i have heard. Remember that these are rumors.

"And by heard I mean totally made up"

I'm interested in killing some revs... But I have a few questions about it. First of all, what is smite? Everyone keeps talking about it, but I don't know what it is, although it sounds familiar to me. Also, what is an effective way to kill revs? At lvl 113 I use like a whole pack of food to kill 1 knight.... There must be something I'm doing horribly wrong... right?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I heard the graphics of the whip were improved. Though, it seems it stayed just the same. It still looks like a sausage with parts of it missing. Am I the only one still seeing old graphics or didn't the whip get updated?