Spirit of Summer-Item Lending Update

Master_Smither

I heard the graphics of the whip were improved. Though, it seems it stayed just the same. It still looks like a sausage with parts of it missing. Am I the only one still seeing old graphics or didn't the whip get updated?

Graphics of the whip weren't updated, just the animations of it while running and walking I think.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in killing some revs... But I have a few questions about it. First of all, what is smite? Everyone keeps talking about it, but I don't know what it is, although it sounds familiar to me. Also, what is an effective way to kill revs? At lvl 113 I use like a whole pack of food to kill 1 knight.... There must be something I'm doing horribly wrong... right?

At level 113, I must say I'm not horribly surprised you can't kill an extremely tough level 126 monster meant to be as strong as a lvl 126 player.

Smite is the level 52 prayer that drains the opponent's prayer for a quarter of what you hit. It's important for revenant hunting because they use protect item (Revs have been observed using prayer altars).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Another knight smited (though it was quite a quick kill), another 600gp.

Edit: And ANOTHER knight (seeing a lot of those) smited for another 500ish gp. This is getting pretty tiresome.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I'm interested in killing some revs... But I have a few questions about it. First of all, what is smite? Everyone keeps talking about it, but I don't know what it is, although it sounds familiar to me. Also, what is an effective way to kill revs? At lvl 113 I use like a whole pack of food to kill 1 knight.... There must be something I'm doing horribly wrong... right?

At level 113, I must say I'm not horribly surprised you can't kill an extremely tough level 126 monster meant to be as strong as a lvl 126 player.

Smite is the level 52 prayer that drains the opponent's prayer for a quarter of what you hit. It's important for revenant hunting because they use protect item (Revs have been observed using prayer altars).

Wow.... Thats actually some very intriguing (sp?) info.... Thanks, I'll try hunting some rev orks later.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

This might look odd as this is my first post, but i think I've found a clue to those portals which are not usable.

I was reading up on the topic discussing the message the chaos element left us in the last postbag from the hedge. Then I read a post made by warriorccc0, who found some information about planar theory, which is mentioned at the bottom of the postbag about whats comming next month.

The information:

"The Planar Theory is a set of theories believed by many, including Odranoel Polyhistor. It is an idea of how the Planes are alingned and the distribution of energy which effects their environment. It takes it that the planes are not truly flat but curved, and that the curve can be modified through arcanery and the like. When the curved area comes in contact with another plane, likely another curve, the dimensions can be crossed through what has been dubbed a portal. The natural portals are however weak and require arcanery to enhance them."

Here is where my speculations begin:

This information seems to fit perfectly into what we know about the portals related to the quest. The portals are unstable to begin with, the ones that are working must have been enhanced by the spirits so we can use them.

So, the portals we can't use yet need to be enhanced. The information above states that this can be accomplished by means of arcanery. I believe that arcanery can be roughly translated from old English to: The use of magic (correct me if im wrong).

It looks to me like we have to use magic in order to to enhance the portals (or perhaps the ring) so we can pass trough them.

However, I don't think we can do it just yet as the words planar theory were mentioned in the next month part.

This also seems to make sence when we look at a sentence the chaos element wrote us:

"Two seasons in quick succession?"

Since the name of the quest is obviously meant to have a double meaning (summer being a season and the name of the spirit girl), this looks to me like a clue that the next quest in this story line is comming very soon indeed.

In other news, I found this information at the RSOF and i didn't see anyone posting it here:

- Forgotten Cemetery Portal (North of the Village)

EXP Reward: 10K Prayer EXP.

Notes: If you close the coffins in the real world, then open them in the Parrallel realm, you spawn 4 level 79 ghosts, which drop lots of good stuff

And an unconfirmed drop list of the ghosts and the warriors:

[hide=]Ghost (Lvl-79)

* Coins

* Mithril Arrows

* Body Rune

* Headless Arrows

* Prayer potion (3)

* Mind Rune

* Chaos Rune

* Ranarr Seed

* Mithril Axe

* Herbs (Irits, Marrentils, ..)- They drop 1-3 at a time.

* Law Rune

* Noted Limpwurt Roots (2)

Spiritual Warrior (Lvl-49)

*Coins (common) - about 40

*Cosmic runes (common) - about 20

*Mind runes (common) - about 30

*Chaos runes - about 10

*Soul runes - 2 or 4

*Steel full helm

*Steel platebody

*Steel platelegs

*Nature talisman

*Uncut sapphire

*Uncut emerald

*Uncut ruby

*Rune Spear[/hide]

I've got some theorys on the cave but it's getting late. Maybe I'll do more thinking tomorrow.

Edit:

I've also killed some Revenants, but the only thing i noticed was that I at least got a drop every kill. Even though it still was a maximum of 1,5k or so.

pepijn777.png

I heard the graphics of the whip were improved. Though, it seems it stayed just the same. It still looks like a sausage with parts of it missing. Am I the only one still seeing old graphics or didn't the whip get updated?

Graphics of the whip weren't updated, just the animations of it while running and walking I think.

I love the way the whip swings when we walk now, lol.

35b9enp.jpg

all good updates :thumbup: finally they r making the game better after their questionable updates before. These updates r just the little things that make everyone happy, i don't see how one could be unsatisfied with this. clearly if u dont like them then dont use them.

place holder was a good idea but it wasnt so necessary.

summoning capes in bh is great but they should have done that before.

item renting was a great idea since it wouldnt be trust trades. i was just surprised how early this update came.

item renting was a great idea since it wouldnt be trust trades. i was just surprised how early this update came.

It really didn't have to be tested as much as other updates.

Since all the functions were already in the game and tested, all they pretty much had to do was change the interface.

sig.jpg

Was it said that the ring will make the revenants drop better items? Or did it just say that killing revenants will be more rewarding? Curious as to the actual wording of what the game tells you.

PS kill a rev dragon before judging the ring any more.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Was it said that the ring will make the revenants drop better items? Or did it just say that killing revenants will be more rewarding? Curious as to the actual wording of what the game tells you.

I think the wording was something along the lines of "Revenants will be more generous with the items they drop"

I was really hoping for a dragon, but I couldn't find one... One attacked me during the quest, but I can never find one when I want one #-o Someone did say they killed a dragon and got only coins, though.

My take on it:

Lending system update: i'm actually rather surprised they didn't think of people charging for loans, but glad they fixed it as soon as they did. (the rich get richer..)

Withdraw all but 1: bout time, really helpful for members who went f2p, but as said doesn't really solve the problem of placeholders

Spirit of summer quest: rather good experiance reward, but as far as i can tell not a very good item reward, but the quest itself is horrid. sending you to vaguely described places (just go west! weee) to do things that aren't very well explained is typical of a quest but literally watching your charms and money get eaten up is extremely frustrating. especially because the beast sometimes seems to eat your summon from several spaces away or you dismiss your summon thinking the beast is on the disk and it's not cuz it's so big you can't tell.

at least they finally did something about revenant drops though (because if they are replacing pkers they should at least drop something good), but from what people posted it still doesn't seem worth killing them.

p.s. i highly suggest switching to ancient magics before going on the quest, as the teleports are useful.

2imak3l.png

I didn't do the quest, but I had just woken up as my bro was finishing the quest (lawl), and I looked over his shoulder, I'm not sure the exact wording that it says about the ring, but its along the lines of "... And revenants will be more generous with what they leave behind while wearing the ring...". If someone has a screenshot of what it says and I'm off.. Sorry, Like I said I had just woken up, but I'm pretty posotive that was it.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

What's up with the whip?

When you run it looks like you're holding a starved cat and when you walk it looks like you're swinging the whip wildly around. Very odd.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'm thinking that the ring might give better drops from the warriors in the realm? Just a thought.

No, the girl specifically states revenant ghosts.