Do we need more "Ultimate" weapons?

Zierro

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that rather than adding a new, "Ultimate" weapon, they could come out with a weapon that could be gradually upgraded. Start with say, something equivalent to bronze, and then slowly boost it until you have something close to a whip, based on your combat level. Also, they could have different upgrades that are directly linked to skill levels, like having a runecrafting attachment that does a small magic attack at random, or a smithing attachment that "degrades" the quality of the opponents armor for a period of time. Quest points could be used as a medium for upgrade, the more questpoints you have, the better the weapon, boosting, say, skill related attack regularities. This would encourage less "pures" and a more immersive gameplay style. It might never be directly as effective as an Armadyl godsword, but used in conjuction with another weapon it could be the little trick up your sleeve that saves your butt some day. As for the whole "ultimate weapon" business, no we really don't need anything more powerful without either increasing the level cap or making it extrodinarily rare, like 3rd age to the extreme.

*off topic* love your siggeh and avatar, klan! rush ftw :P

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

I don't think we need to have any more weapons that are any more powerful than godswords, because eventually combat starts to lost its integrity. However, there does need to be some equivalent items to the godsword for magic and ranged.

I agree with benar, there needs to be some more uniqueness to weapons, and armour for that matter. We should be able to get creative with them instead of just going for the stuff that gets handed to us. Armour should have really noticeable weaknesses and strengths against different weapons. Weapons shouldn't be just 'more powerful' than another, they should be more effective in different situations, and no weapon should be useless (I mean, seriously, who uses warhammers at the moment?). We managed to get a slight flavour of that with the different hilts of the godsword, but I would like to see much more complexity.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

There's the Staff of Armadyl, which killed Zaros (who was stronger than any single god), and that is speculated to be released I think (the banner speculations?)

But I don't think new weapons are necessary, unless our hp starts to go higher.

I think that there should be a more powerful weapon, because once you're past level 75, you have the best melee weapon in the game. What's the point in having a godsword when, for example, mages have a spell that can freeze, poison and hit 20's on multiple targets? No melee weapon can match that. I think there should be a lvl 90 attack requirement weapon, plus I think that you should be able to get you hitpoints to at least 150 to balance it out.

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

I think that there should be a more powerful weapon, because once you're past level 75, you have the best melee weapon in the game. What's the point in having a godsword when, for example, mages have a spell that can freeze, poison and hit 20's on multiple targets? No melee weapon can match that. I think there should be a lvl 90 attack requirement weapon, plus I think that you should be able to get you hitpoints to at least 150 to balance it out.

Firstly, Magic > Melee. Secondly, if a meleer with a godsword uses protect from mage and the meleer gets close, a mage can be destroyed by a godsword.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Because Meleers can hit far higher at lower levels and don't have to pay for the privilege.

A mage's max damage is 30 on different targets, and only if using Ice Barrage, at 94 Magic. I have seen strength in the 80s hit over 30 with a godsword.

Isn't there a hint in the word GOD sword? There shouldn't be a better weapon. Maybe some of the best weapons should be given higher requirements though? I Read a post that said "If they made them really hard to obtain...". Let me refer to the godsword for a second...

The Only 2 ways to get a godsword are:

Collect all the pieces from some of the toughest monsters in runescape (Even then, the chances of one are EXTREMELY Rare).

Buy one for an obscene amount of money.

Isn't that hard enough to obtain as is it?

Then again, looking on the other side, it only needs 75 attack, And you can just borrow one anyway.

If they made any better weapons, It should go along with a 138 combat cape, instead of a hood.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

jagex might fill those eventually but i think they shoudnt. for the reason that if they make 95attack be able to wield a .... example: machine gun. the level 94 is in a disadvantage. it is one thing to get from level 39 to 40 to be able to wield rune but from 94 to 95 is a much bigger step to take. if they want to do this i think that every 5 levels there should be something new. like even make an armor just lower than rune but higher than addy and make it level 35.

We dont need more ultimate weapons for melee its fine as is.

Range isnt doing to bad its almost as good as melee up to the point of a whip - as for godswords there really is not an equivalant.

Now for mage we really have the issue here. I really dont care how much you tell me mage can freeze but seriously after you get over the cost of barraging someone for ages when they have popped on there black hide and mage pray so the time frozen is halved and you splash 1/2 miss 1/4 and only hit them 1/4 of the time which of course hits anything between 1-30 to then have them running at you immune to frozen for a few secs and dds spec you and you die because you have no defense what so ever (hello mage is supposed to beat melee?)

MAGE needs spells hitting up to the 40's and it also needs staffs with high magic attack so its not entirely dependant on 0 defense +magic gear. Give mages ultimate weapons upgrade range and nerf DDS keep god swords then we get our balance

Melee can ko easy and item protect what they use to do it (whips 40+ fast attack, dds specs, godswords specs, dragon mace specs) and just general hitting from most commonly used melee weapons

range is pretty dam good could do with a godsword eqivalant, can ko with msb (lots of luck needed), darkbow spec and crossbows just generaly hit high

mage just sucks - spalshed, misses and hits for a tiny amount.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Slightly off topic since this is about p2p version.

There is absolutely no reason for a higher level melee weapon than rune in f2p. Rune is easily obtainable by all players above level 40 and so fighting pvp is less expensive and more available to all players. This is one of the reasons so many p2p used the wildy in free worlds. Since there are no high level monsters in f2p a better weapon is useless. If higher level weapons were used in f2p then alot of the time it would be rich p2p winning contests.

Sorry cannot really comment on the actual topic since I am 100% f2p but some of those max hits seem insanely high already.

No. Not for combat at least. You got your 4 Godswords that can hit 70-80. Happy?

What needs some help is range. The crossbow update was a move in the right direction but you still don't really have many options. Crystal bow, dark bow, rune c'bow and mage bows? C'mon.

Mage could get a special staff or something with some casts that could only be done with that special staff. Maybe a quest reward? I don't really know about mage.

vettro.png

What needs some help is range. The crossbow update was a move in the right direction but you still don't really have many options. Crystal bow, dark bow, rune c'bow and mage bows? C'mon.

Bolts really make up for that. Emerald Bolts have poison, Ruby drains a tenth your health to take off a fifth of your opponent's remaining health, Diamond is more or less Verac's, Onyx is pretty much Guthan's, and Dragonstone is Dragonfire.

godswords are kinda overrated. you dont see 71 hits every single time you fire off an armadyl special. and i find i hit more zeros with gs then whip, and vice versa when someone uses a gs against me i find veracs more accurate, but once in a while you can get lucky and hit a high 40 with gs if have 90+ str. i prefer whip/rune def or dfs over gs. i have 90 atk and str

• 3 weeks later...

Although I would love to see a new melee weapon, with an increase in atk to use, there's not much point. Were already near capping with godswords, and you can hit over cap with dh. Range doesn't need newer items imo either. People speccin with a dbow and hitting 47,48 is high enough for them. Mage on the other hand could probably use a few upgrades.

I still think we need more weapons that replace whips. I don't think we need an "Ultimate weapon", but we do need something that hits much greater at the same speed, and uses tactics and precision timing hotkey presses in order to use it to its max.

you expect rs players to have the skill of a wow player? :lol:

Psionic Elem - friend stole it and sold it to a school mate...wellplayed

2 7 3 - i go on a break and forget the pw...imsmart

T 3 R R 3 T - waiting to fail :P

Nope! no ultimate things. I think if there should be an ultimate it should have twins like the godswords or for us non members god armour. Thats why 3 gods works so well.

W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

No

Those "insane" melee hits in VIDS stereotype Melee. You don't hit 50+ every hit with GS.

DH? Not practical. If someone runs in with 5 hp, a think a recoil might just get him.

Look at range...or magic.

Dark bows are pretty much DH, without the HP loss. What if Jagex told you that you had to have under 10% hp to use D bow spec.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?