Do we need more "Ultimate" weapons?

Zierro

Well, we already have the God Swords and Whip which serve as pretty efficient weapons, but you still only need 75 Attack to wield GSes. Some players think that Jagex needs to fill that 24 level gap with stronger weapons, but do we actually need them? Remember, the maximum Hitpoints we can have is only 99, and Whips and GSes can already bring that number down fairly quick.

In my own opinion, I think we could use one more good weapon - but it has to be extremely hard to obtain. It should only be used by talented players, sort of like the Fire Cape. Maybe a level 85 or 90 Attack requirement too.

PS: This is not a suggestion - it's a debate. I want to know your opinions. Do we need more powerful weapons? Oh and you can also take Magic and Ranged into consideration too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that, while it would be fun, it is totally unnecessary. Maybe a level 95 attack requirement or something, but then it's totally screwed over either way you turn - either it kills people in two hits pretty much automatically, or it's not powerful enough to merit the high attack requirement. I wouldn't mind making godswords 80 or even 90 attack requirement to wield and filling the gap between whips and godswords with some other intermediate weapon. If they're going to make more weapons, they shouldn't be more powerful than the godsword - if you're lucky you can two-hit someone that eats a shark with a godsword. Nothing more powerful than that could even be remotely balanced.

That said, I think there needs to be better ultimate weapons for the other attack styles. Sure, ranged has its dark bow, but that's pretty much equivalent to a whip, is it not? Maybe a godbow and a godstaff would be useful. Although that would suck if they were named that, because those are pretty stupid names. But anyways- maybe a higher-powered spell for mage, although it would be hard to equate that to godswords, because you need to get a godsword as a drop, whereas a spell is always available. Perhaps you need the 'godstaff' to cast such a spell.

For ranged, I don't know where you could go. Maybe you could give higher hits, but what arrows would you use? There are many problems to making a ranged ultimate weapon, and I don't know enough about it to give a good opinion on it.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I dont think there should be a more powerful weapon then a godsword. It is the only weapon that is supposed to be able to kill a god. What i think they need to do is add more weapons that specialize in certain things. They could make high level weapons that are only good at killing demons or dragons but on these monsters they kill faster then anything else.

Say they made a dragonslayer sword that gives a 10% att and str bonus when facing dragons but when used with a dragonfire shield the bonus is doubled and you get a 20% bonus. Make that stack with the dragon slayer gloves and a slayer helm you could just decimate dragons. This would obviously be a very rare item. (addy & rune dragons anyone)

Also what if they made weapons that lowered other stats at the cost of more damage. Say they made a berserker axe that when used lowered your defense by 30% but you hit 25% harder and could not be used with prayer.

Anyways you get they idea... they need to start making items that have a more limited use but nothing can beat in the right situation.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

Dudy, i really like that idea, that would open the doors for so many more awesome rares. and about a weapon that would need like 95 attack... i think it would be cool if it were just as strong or even less strong as a godsword (i wouldnt mind) if it looked amazing and would be more for show like a skillcape. Kinda just to show you have that high of a combat stat or something, they have the sara,zammy,guthix croziers that you need 60 pray to wield. sooo idk, im up for higher requiremented weapons. and yes, i made requiremented up.

hai.

itz_ninjake.png

itz_ninjake.png

itz_ninjake.png

iTz-NinJake.png

Thanks Klank, for bringing up the other types of combat. I forgot about that, so I edited it into the first post.

Ands to Dudy, that's a good idea. Having a powerful-all-owning-weapon sounds cool, but really it probably wouldn't be too great for the game. I think we should get more powerful but limited weapons. :)

I'd say we need 2 new melee ones. The Zaros godsword, and some sort of untradable ultimate weapon with high reqs like the fire cape, slightly better than GS but with no special attack.

A ranged one, the crossbow version of the dark bow. Then some sort of magic staff, maybe the staff of armadyl or a modern equivalent.

Then maybe jagex could stop adding pointless content and improve what's already there :-#

2480+ total

Short answer: Yes with an if; long answer: No, with a but.

[sorry, couldn't resist. Back on topic...]

I do feel that we could definitely use more "ultimate" weapons, something that is insanely powerful, and only the strongest of players should ever even see it... but, the whole basis of combat must be revised before it could be accepted. Our limits of 99HP is...naturally, a *major* barrier. With this, we can only hit so high (and with the Armadyl Godsword, we're pushing the zenith). Our hitpoints levels (perhaps other combat skills, as well) shouldn't reflect the cap of our combat prowess; that'd be the only way that ultimate weapons would gain traction.

[Oh, and by the by, make sure that magic can finally hit above a 30. Can we go for 35?]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

personally i don't think so. from my view godswords are already hard enough to obtain even at my level 107 because some teams are totally stingy about levels. plus if we release more powerful swords, people like me will become decimated instantly, unable to afford a decent weapon, mages will be killed, rangers will be killed. pritty much it would un-balance so many things unless they backed up support for magic and range. besides, clearly you arent 107 and got owned by a 125 in full bandos every castle wars game. ;)

i'd say for now, were right with weaponry.

Popoto.~<3

I don't think we don't need any extremely good weapons anytime soon. Godswords are still hugely expensive and still rare. I think if there's any time that Jagex releases new equipment, it is when the latest equipment isn't so rare anymore. Obviously there will have to be a time to stop, I don't think we can keep adding new weapons and armor all the way until we have weapons that need 99 Attack and Strength to wield, and are rarely dropped by some level 600+ beast. The combat spectrum shouldn't stretch too far out and leave everyone else behind in the dust.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

I like the idea that there should be "some" kind of weapon that requires 90+ attack, but then again I wouldnt want another highly expensive and strong weapon being tossed around. So I'm sure someone said this already but it would be more like a fire cape possibly the same sort of trial to get this weapon as with the fire cape. It wont be as strong as a godsword but mabey equal to a dragon 2h but it would not be tradeable so only the most skilled players would be able to get it instead of it being a matter of who has the most money.

Hopefully what I said makes a little bit of sense.

eythrosigcopy1ry.jpg

Yes.

I was thinking of a Zaro's Godsword, Under GWD, where you need to kill at least 5 of each of the bosses, (Kree'arra, Zilyana, zammy boss[forgotname] and Graador) for a kill count total of 20, to get access to the dungeon. The dungeon has Zaros the undead, around lv 700, which drops zaros hilt. The weapon would require mastering all aspects of combat, 90 in all cb skills except summoning, and would combine all the GS specs into one obliterary special attack.

Good luck survivng that. :ohnoes:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Yes.

I was thinking of a Zaro's Godsword, Under GWD, where you need to kill at least 5 of each of the bosses, (Kree'arra, Zilyana, zammy boss[forgotname] and Graador) for a kill count total of 20, to get access to the dungeon. The dungeon has Zaros the undead, around lv 700, which drops zaros hilt. The weapon would require mastering all aspects of combat, 90 in all cb skills except summoning, and would combine all the GS specs into one obliterary special attack.

Good luck survivng that. :ohnoes:

Sounds like a good idea, but it needs to be untradeable.

Maybe a Guthix Godsword instead, because wasn't Zaros banished or whatever before the God Wars?

Also, you would have to forge all of the hilts into the Guthix/Zaros hilt, and the shards would be Guthix/Zaros shards dropped by Guthix/Zaros, with a drop frequency the same as Hilts from the other bosses.

newsigac5.png

Sorry to be pedantic but we cannot have more ultimate weapons.

Ultimate means at the highest level, a limit beyond which further progress is impossible.

So, by definition, if you have an ultimate weapon, you cannot have another, better one.

Again, sorry for the didactic nature of this post.

Happy to discuss

Teeg

Ultimate weapons..... Personally I believe there is absolutely no need for more powerful melee weapons unless that weapon could only be used against certain monsters, undead, ect and NOT against people. Note I said nothing against more powerful mage and range items... I would like to see a rune such as the elemental rune from Fist of guthix, releasing those to the rest of the world would be ownage, another idea would be a rune generator like ava's attractor except that it creates runes.... For range perhaps a god blessing on arrows, bolts and ranged ammo which gives it better power and damage....

I think that range and mage are to under mined in members.....

Also, I would like to see more skills release 2 non mems and better weapons and armour and more Monsters!

I hope my opinion is good enough.

B bye all

meamzed

meamzed.png

I think that F2P definently needs some sort of new weapon because using rune all the time and hitting the same old max gets boring at times. I understand that members get all the exclusive weapons and armours but f2p needs something too. I mean most updates now only concern members and end up leaving f2p players in the dust. Atleast something new i mean i dont even care if it is a weapon or not, just something to make f2p more exciting.

eythrosigcopy1ry.jpg

I agree we need a weapon or armor that has high requirements. The requirements for gs is pretty easy to get and so is the DFS. The ultimate weapon/armor should require 90+ in that skill. The God sword is a very powerful weapon but I see it way to much.

I still think we need more weapons that replace whips. I don't think we need an "Ultimate weapon", but we do need something that hits much greater at the same speed, and uses tactics and precision timing hotkey presses in order to use it to its max.

Stellactic.gif

@Mati: That's the point of membership. Jagex update membership above F2P because the people who use P2P are the ones paying their wages. If you started updating F2P as much as you updated P2P, there'd be no need for P2P any more and their profit margin would go down the toilet. Jagex will never and should never update F2P - it's meant as a free trial, nothing more.

And please stop posting in that horrid colour =P

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I just meant like something small to be added, not so large that it would deplete profits. I get what your saying though, if they did update f2p as much as p2p then there wouldnt be any point in membership.

(Its not too bad a color, its easy on the eyes..or atleast mine)

eythrosigcopy1ry.jpg

I still think we need more weapons that replace whips. I don't think we need an "Ultimate weapon", but we do need something that hits much greater at the same speed, and uses tactics and precision timing hotkey presses in order to use it to its max.

Highly disagree. Runescape doesn't have precision timing. Only ones I can thing of is the new quest. (easy) Or Jad (easy)

Plus, the whip and godsword is more than enough. The fight ends within a few seconds.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I personally think that although there are some great weapons available for every level-group, Jagex still needs to mix it up a bit. There just isn't enough variety and uniqueness for my taste, as you're pretty much limited to a few specific weapons depending on your level.

Instead of seeing an ultimate weapon added, which would probably just become more common and less ultimate in time, I'd like to see more weapons added for each level group; and I don't mean weapons that cover the whole bronze-dragon category, I mean truly unique ones with their own names.

picture7eo0.png