Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

shooterbob7

To them, killing a cow is to Americans burning the American flag. It's just all symbolic - and they think of the cow as the "mother" of our planet (ya know, milk provider).

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while I love my meat and eat it for every meal I eat =P~ I dislike the methods being used in the slaughterhouses and such. I would much rather own me own cows and hunt and eat them, then buying slaughtered cows. As it stands though it doesn't happen much these days, and I couldn't stand cutting up the animals :-X as long as I don't cut it up I'd eat it though ::'

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Cows are naturally stupid. Unless you're trying to knife them, they'd be a pitifully easy hunt. Unless they're old or newly mating/giving birth/taking care of young'uns, then all animals are smarter and more aggressive. Unless they're set wild for a very, very long time.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I would just like to say to all the Vegetarians out there who think they can eat chips they don't make themselves need to stop where they are. ALL chips that are frozen contain beef tallow. [beef tallow is a form of saturated fat] It is what keeps the chips from turning black in the freezer.

You cannot imagine how many Vegetarians do not know this.

I'm not one against eating meat or anything each to his own but i do not think it should be rubbed in one's face about how it's bad to not eat this, or bad to eat that.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Wait, when did they start putting cows and pigs onto racks and chaining them to walls? And why hasn't Amnesty International gotten involved?

I'll eat meat. I don't have a problem with it. I'm sure that if some other species had become the dominant intelligent life on the planet, most of them wouldn't have any problem eating us.

Wait, I think that at least part of this problem has been solved.. I seem to remember an old Onion article that described a vegetarian convention that offically reclassified cows as plants... :)

Well, honestly, I think that there is also a problem with people pushing their opinions and ethics onto others. I'll eat what I damn well please, and I don't care if I'm killing a living creature. You kill billions of living creatures every time you spray disinfectant, and every time you eat a bite of plant, you kill millions of bacteria that are not prepared for the acids of your stomach. And think of all the insects that had to die to allow you to have a clean, uneaten head of lettuce!

Furthermore, by killing one cow, I am eliminating a large source of methane, and making a very small impact on the environment! (Not that that matters anymore, we're probably past the tipping point...)

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

My dad isn't a vegetarian and I was telling him about the cruel treatment of NOT JUST COWS but other animals mass produced in factories. Actually I bet most of us here know what it's like *cough*mcdonalds*wheeze* in the factories and he tells me that cows are FOOD and they're mindless stupid animals that don't care. Thoughts about this?

My dad isn't a vegetarian and I was telling him about the cruel treatment of NOT JUST COWS but other animals mass produced in factories. Actually I bet most of us here know what it's like *cough*mcdonalds*wheeze* in the factories and he tells me that cows are FOOD and they're mindless stupid animals that don't care. Thoughts about this?

They are. Have you ever been around a cow? You can walk up to one with a rifle and they'll look at you, moo, and go back to eating grass. Animals are cruelly treated, but it isn't like they know the difference. I'm sure it sucks for them, but there isn't enough space on the planet to raise each and every chicken on a big farm.

But my thoughts are cows are not just for your fatty meat needs and are part of an important ecosystem.

Which is....? I don't think there are any wild cattle anymore. What we have on farms, factories, all of that are secluded from an ecosystem.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

This might be in bad taste, but this thread really makes me hungry for hamburgers or steak.

PS: That pun wasn't even intended but it fits so well. :lol:

But my thoughts are cows are not just for your fatty meat needs and are part of an important ecosystem.

Which is....? I don't think there are any wild cattle anymore. What we have on farms, factories, all of that are secluded from an ecosystem.

There might be some that've escaped. But I doubt they even went far from the farm they were born on. Cows have been domesticated animals for millenia. They're stupid, and have lost the majority of their survival instincts.

If they're not for me to eat, what are they for?

There might be some that've escaped. But I doubt they even went far from the farm they were born on. Cows have been domesticated animals for millenia. They're stupid, and have lost the majority of their survival instincts.

Tipping over.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

You know, many vegetarians are vegetarians because of animal cruelty.

And I'm an omnivore because it was how I raised, and I like meat. I don't particularly like all the protein-giving non-meats, and I'd never be able to remember vitamins or anything. It'd be tough. But, hey, if it works for you, go right ahead.

EDIT: Oops, forgot what I actually meant to say :lol:

The only problem would be, if every person in the world turned vegetarian, we'd have a huge problem. Massive amounts of farming space, massive vitamin factories (you know that most people aren't really smart enough to eat healthy enough as vegetarians), plus what would be do with all the animals?

Meh, all I know is I get my meat from local Texas ranches that sell to a grocery store here. Aside from the occasional fast food, I get meat that smiles. Besides, as a comedian once said, if these animals could taste themselves, they'd be ready to die. :lol:

And I'm an omnivore because it was how I raised, and I like meat. I don't particularly like all the protein-giving non-meats, and I'd never be able to remember vitamins or anything. It'd be tough. But, hey, if it works for you, go right ahead.

EDIT: Oops, forgot what I actually meant to say :lol:

The only problem would be, if every person in the world turned vegetarian, we'd have a huge problem. Massive amounts of farming space, massive vitamin factories (you know that most people aren't really smart enough to eat healthy enough as vegetarians), plus what would be do with all the animals?

Meh, all I know is I get my meat from local Texas ranches that sell to a grocery store here. Aside from the occasional fast food, I get meat that smiles. Besides, as a comedian once said, if these animals could taste themselves, they'd be ready to die. :lol:

Set them free into nature, it's where animals belong you know :P ?

I don't really care what happens to the animals. I've actually been a vegetarian for over two years, no reason at all actually. I just felt like it at the time. Why does anybody do care about the animals by the way? They used to get hunt, a bone/stone spear thrown into them. Probably still alive and trying to run away then someone cracks their skull. It's still the same the only diffirence is that we now feed them untill they are fat enough and kill them afterwards.

;>

Of course they don't care, they're dead.

And when they're alive they hardly know whats actually going on around them.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Cows etc, were put on this Earth to feed us. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

With this logic:

- There should be some kind of a higher power that can decide what's best for us and decided that cows are there for purely our food. As an atheist I don't believe in this kind of statement.

- We wouldn't have any ethical or moral problems in eating them. If that was the very truth, we wouldn't even have this discussion.

- Cow meat should have advantages when compared to other foods. Are pigs, bears or reindeers for example put here for other reasons? What about dogs or cats? Are they here for other reasons and how do you justify the reason of having certain animals on this planet?

Of course they don't care, they're dead.

I'd rather use the verb "killed".

And when they're alive they hardly know whats actually going on around them.

With this kind of a logic it seems to me that you also accept many dictatorships. Just because something doesn't know things could be better, it doesn't mean they shouldn't have any rights. Many pets, south koreans or even americans don't know what's going on, does that justify their misthreatment?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Cows etc, were put on this Earth to feed us. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

With this logic:

- There should be some kind of a higher power that can decide what's best for us and decided that cows are there for purely our food. As an atheist I don't believe in this kind of statement.

- We wouldn't have any ethical or moral problems in eating them. If that was the very truth, we wouldn't even have this discussion.

- Cow meat should have advantages when compared to other foods. Are pigs, bears or reindeers for example put here for other reasons? What about dogs or cats? Are they here for other reasons and how do you justify the reason of having certain animals on this planet?

Well I am agnostic, therefore I believe someone put them on the Earth for us to eat.

People do eat dogs in the East, and pigs are eaten too, the animals that are eaten are the animals that provide the best nourishment and the ones that can't offer any/little resistance; the ones that were put here in order to provide us with food. Also, without eating meat you miss out on a lot of protein among other things, these animals are provided as an easy way to get these foods.

Cavemen used to eat Mammoths and things, as it was one of the best things for them to eat and one of the easiest things, they were put there to be eaten.

Carnivorous animals are eaten by other animals, as they are the best thing there for them to eat, this further proves my point that animals are made to be eaten.