Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

shooterbob7

All I could think of is politics when I saw this thread

Think about it:

Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

Conservatives vs, Liberals

Anyone see where i'm coming from?

Oh and, God made animals like cows to be food for humans.

Religion in a nonreligious debate = empty arguement.

-----

I'm a carnivore, but I still eat vegetables. It's very healthy to have a combo of both.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I just thought it was a silly comparison to use. A human-animal comparison doesn't work when the root issue here is a moral one.

Wasn't my point that it shouldn't be a moral issue? I see nothing "wrong" with eating at all.

I just had myself a nice big juicy slab of steak, covered in Emeril Steak Rub. The sweet, sweet juice dripped around my teeth, while the rub left a spicy taste in the crisp outside and perfectly pink inside, probably one of the best dinners I've had.

With the greatness of my dinner, the temptation will convert 85% of vegetarians to meat lovers.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

No, I just thought it was a silly comparison to use. A human-animal comparison doesn't work when the root issue here is a moral one.

Wasn't my point that it shouldn't be a moral issue? I see nothing "wrong" with eating at all.

Clearly, and neither do I. However, I always think that comparing animals to humans is a useless route to go down (vegetarianism, homosexuality in animals etc.) because often what applies to animals just doesn't apply to humans at all. Vegetarians consider eating meat to be immoral and suggest this to other humans who have the potential to agree with them, or be convinced to. You couldn't convince a vulture to do anything.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Well, of course there's a difference - there is in every analogy. The point is that eating other animals is one of the most natural things there is, so in my opinion there shouldn't even be any moral value attached to it.

Well, of course there's a difference - there is in every analogy. The point is that eating other animals is one of the most natural things there is, so in my opinion there shouldn't even be any moral value attached to it.

Human deviation from supposed natural behavior is my point. Fights and deaths over females and leadership positions go unpunished in nature; In human society we regulate and assign moral standards to them.

Human deviation from supposed natural behavior is my point. Fights and deaths over females and leadership positions go unpunished in nature; In human society we regulate and assign moral standards to them.

That meaning you see nothing immoral with eating meat and that I used an example which couldn't work in a different context?

That meaning you see nothing immoral with eating meat and that I used an example which couldn't work in a different context?

Meaning I can see why the moral question is raised and that human-animal comparisons are a pet peeve of mine. :P

I can't say im vegetarian, but I rarely eat meat, i've seen theres Fruits, vegetables, etc that contain some of the vitamin of the meat but no matter if you vegetarian of meat lover if wasent of PLANTS there where no Cows and cows = no meat.

Also Plants related products also have Vitamins and minerals that meat dosent haves, and meat does to, but if animals can produce so such vitamins and minerals also can plants.

But not matter what you are, you are always eating plants related products Indirectly or directly.

abc_king11.png

Max_P0w3r2.png

yeah, but we have found ways around that, eg debating, being elected, seducing, they are all ways around what we cannot do legally

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

If this is a debate about eating meat is right, then shut up. :wall:

Everyone knows this will go on forever and the only thing that we'll conclude on is neither of us are right.

Eating meat gives muscle.. Iron, etc, thus it's pretty much the right choice. But some may see 'god' put animals on his 'creation' (earth) to live, to not be eaten.

There's no right of wrong. The world is stupid :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If this is a debate about eating meat is right, then shut up. :wall:

Everyone knows this will go on forever and the only thing that we'll conclude on is neither of us are right.

Eating meat gives muscle.. Iron, etc, thus it's pretty much the right choice. But some may see 'god' put animals on his 'creation' (earth) to live, to not be eaten.

There's no right or wrong. The world is stupid :|

too true

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Iv'e got many examples why to eat meat not vegetables:

Meat tastes great pluss it contains a lot of both proteins and iron.

Eating animals mean less animals = less CO2 from them.

Eating vegetables mean less plants = less CO2 convertet to oxygen.

Eating only vegetables causes your body to lack on some inportant neutritions.

Not eating meat means less animals killed = more CO2 from them.

Some people just can't stand eating vegetables without getting ill.

In other words us eating meat is both healtier for us and for the environement.

Haha, sorry I'm not trying to be snobbish, I just found your logic really quite amusing. I'm sure you were just being tongue in cheek.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Meat is delicious.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying and should be beaten.

Lol I thought you said eaten! ::'

But yeah tbh, other than breakfast 95% of my meals have meat in them, and for me meat is basically the centrepiece of a meal. Meat's good for you, especially when your growing, and although you can be perfectly healthy not eating meat (e.g the guy who recently cycled round the world in 200 days - the previous record was 280 days - was a vegetarian) it's a lot easier to stay in shape if you eat meat.

People who say they don't eat meat because they don't want to kill the animals, well... I find it silly, but if they really feel that way then I have no real arguement against it - the only reason i think it's silly is because I feel that it's silly so it's a purely emotional/way of thinking matter.

People say it's natural to eat meat, but then many humans used to only scavange and not hunt much at all. Although people may be able to pile evidence up for and against the matter, I love eating meat, I find I work/play harder when I've eaten meat (instead of a salad or something,) and meat is a good source of many vital minerals and vitamins (the animal was alive and healthy before we killed it so it had to have a good amount of "the good stuff" in it before we intervened and killed it.)

The only problem I have with vegetarians is if they don't admit they're vegetarian and get defensive about it. If they're vegetarian then fine, don't avoid the topic or anything, stick to your decisions, but if any vegetarians are reading this, please, if you ever go to someone's house for a meal or something, make it known as soon as possible that you don't eat meat, it drives people mad when they've cooked a nice meat-based meal only to have the person they cooked it for say that they don't eat meat. :roll:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I can't say im vegetarian, but I rarely eat meat, i've seen theres Fruits, vegetables, etc that contain some of the vitamin of the meat but no matter if you vegetarian of meat lover if wasent of PLANTS there where no Cows and cows = no meat.

Also Plants related products also have Vitamins and minerals that meat dosent haves, and meat does to, but if animals can produce so such vitamins and minerals also can plants.

But not matter what you are, you are always eating plants related products Indirectly or directly.

That's... not actually an argument.

Iv'e got many examples why to eat meat not vegetables:

Meat tastes great pluss it contains a lot of both proteins and iron.

Eating animals mean less animals = less CO2 from them.

Eating vegetables mean less plants = less CO2 convertet to oxygen.

Eating only vegetables causes your body to lack on some inportant neutritions.

Not eating meat means less animals killed = more CO2 from them.

Some people just can't stand eating vegetables without getting ill.

In other words us eating meat is both healtier for us and for the environement.

none.... of the reasons you listed are really big enough to make a difference

Ok, i love animals, but i do do eat meat. What i don't get is why do people not eat meat? First of

all, you may not like meat because of the way they kill them or that they should be free, but if you think about it, vegetables are living creatures too.They are made of cells and grow. So why eat a living vegetable but not a piece of juicy steak? :mrgreen: Also, if you are vegetarian, why do you eat foods in the shape of meat like veggie burgers and veggie dogs.Your trying to back away from meat, not be hippocritical. the irony!

Okkiiieees. first off this post is insanely ignorant. there are a LOAD of reasons why peopl are vegetarian, firstly because of the inhumane way animals are treated and the mass farming that goes into meat nowadays. secondly for the enviroment and for sustainability, a lot of greenhoue gasses are emitted from animals as there is such an unnatural number of them being farmed for our use. it also takes up 1/3 less energy to feed vegetarians. thirdly for health reasons although it seems a bit stupid to me but for people wanting less fat etc. i'm sure there are many more but i don't really know that many vegetarians.

secondly people think (as do i) that animals have emotions, (its been proven that they have some but how do humans test for emotion on an animal that we can't even communicate with?). this is how it is different to vegetables, even though they are alive their general life isn't really changed that drastically, i'm deffinate that plants don't have complicated emotions if any and they don't more very far anyway(generaly). that's why they eat vegetables.

thirdly the reason that they have it shaped the way the burgers and sausages are shaped is because it's just convinent and adds variety to there meal, meat doesn't just come out as burgers..

Guest minime121196

I do not seem to get this `squabble` how it is wrong to eat meat.

A tiger eats a rat (Example)

And that is good because it is `Natural` because a tiger is higher in the food chain than the rat.

So if I went and hunted a fox I'd get raped by PETA, where as the tiger get off free! But Mankind are higher in the food chain, so it is natural to eat meat- but those zealous fools think it is wrong because they are extinct (I'm sure when we flip ourselfs over, the magical endangered turtle would make an honorary cause to mankind.)

S- MAIM AND KILL ALL EVIIIIL PETA MEMBERS BUGER THE ANIMALS

SCREW YOO IM OFF TO EAT GRASS

TROLL TROLL TROLL

I'm going to eat some bald eagle, with a light sauce of fresh white tiger blood drizzled over the top. Oh, and let's not forget about my albino peacock napkin that I'll be using.

Only in those extreme situations would I agree with vegetarians.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I do not seem to get this `squabble` how it is wrong to eat meat.

A tiger eats a rat (Example)

And that is good because it is `Natural` because a tiger is higher in the food chain than the rat.

So if I went and hunted a fox I'd get raped by PETA, where as the tiger get off free! But Mankind are higher in the food chain, so it is natural to eat meat- but those zealous fools think it is wrong because they are extinct (I'm sure when we flip ourselfs over, the magical endangered turtle would make an honorary cause to mankind.)

The difference is predators kill to survive, they don't kill for 'sport.' A lion kills a gazelle so he can eat that night, he doesn't kill some more just because he's bored. Humans can live without meat and we actually aren't created to eat it. We don't have claws, sharp front teeth, or a short intestinal tract (3x body length) so decaying meat can quickly pass. We have molars for grinding and long intestines (10-12x our body length). Not to mention we're the only 'meat-eaters' that cook it first. Lions rip right into the abdomen and eat the liver, stomach, etc and lap its blood. Just the thought of eating raw meat makes our stomachs turn.

Saying we aren't built to eat meat is bull. Besides, if you think we should only eat what we're built to eat (nd that we aren't built to eat meat), have fun foraging for roots.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

ANIMALS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

Wait...OSHI-

The difference is predators kill to survive, they don't kill for 'sport.' A lion kills a gazelle so he can eat that night, he doesn't kill some more just because he's bored. Humans can live without meat and we actually aren't created to eat it. We don't have claws, sharp front teeth, or a short intestinal tract (3x body length) so decaying meat can quickly pass. We have molars for grinding and long intestines (10-12x our body length). Not to mention we're the only 'meat-eaters' that cook it first. Lions rip right into the abdomen and eat the liver, stomach, etc and lap its blood. Just the thought of eating raw meat makes our stomachs turn.

But we obviously can and do eat it -.-

And if there wasn't hunting in some area's there would be next to no undergrowth in any of the forests because the large amount of starving deer would eat it all up, and forest undergrowth plants are people too!