Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

shooterbob7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, people can choose what they want to eat so why should they be judged on it? Judging on something as trivial as what we eat seems pointless tbh

The thing that sparks the argument is when a vegetarian tells a meat eater than eating an animal is wrong. No one can really have anything against vegetarians for the lack of eating something.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

• 1 month later...

Kinda an old bump, but, ehhggh.

What's the humane way to kill something? Billions of people eat meat. Are you going to let the millions upon millions of cows run free and happy, then when someone feels hungry, they go shoot one? You can't really expect some sort of humane treatment for something you eat.

And it goes the same way for most fruits and vegetables, if you consider "humane" for them grown under the sun in big farms, with gentle hands picking them up and washing them carefully or something.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Kinda an old bump, but, ehhggh.

What's the humane way to kill something? Billions of people eat meat. Are you going to let the millions upon millions of cows run free and happy, then when someone feels hungry, they go shoot one? You can't really expect some sort of humane treatment for something you eat.

And it goes the same way for most fruits and vegetables, if you consider "humane" for them grown under the sun in big farms, with gentle hands picking them up and washing them carefully or something.

Stowing as many cows as possible in a space as small as possible isn't needed at all. If we would just start removing that and let the cows/other animals have a normal life instead, and kill them quick and painless, that would help a lot.

People seem to think we need to do that because everyone has to eat meat and everything. Eating meat 1-2 times a week is enough, you can eat vegetarian replacements like soy instead if you need the vitamins or whatever. We really don't have to eat meat every day.

Edit - To the people who bring up the point 'They are already dead, why waste it?'. We produced those animals to be eaten, they didn't just die.

2dvjurb.png

People seem to think we need to do that because everyone has to eat meat and everything. Eating meat 1-2 times a week is enough, you can eat vegetarian replacements like soy instead if you need the vitamins or whatever. We really don't have to eat meat every day.

Well we don't need to eat ice cream for dairy value every day, but yet a lot of us do if we have it in the house. I enjoy eating meat products because it tastes good and so do most other people that eat meat.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Well we don't need to eat ice cream for dairy value every day, but yet a lot of us do if we have it in the house. I enjoy eating meat products because it tastes good and so do most other people that eat meat.

Does 'it tastes good' justify the incredibly bad environment the animals live (can you call it living?) in?

2dvjurb.png

Edit - To the people who bring up the point 'They are already dead, why waste it?'. We produced those animals to be eaten, they didn't just die.

And they wouldn't be alive without us either.

PS for the vegetarians on this forum; you probably can't win this debate with any ethical argument, but you can win on the effiency argument. :P

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Does 'it tastes good' justify the incredibly bad environment the animals live (can you call it living?) in?

Do you think every single piece of meat we eat came from an animal that has been abused? Yeah, I acknowledge the fact that there are places with bad environments but don't make it seem like that's always the case. That'd be blowing things out of proportion just to get a point across.

By the way, it's not like animals look after my well-being either. I'm sure if I died in a desert a vulture wouldn't be thinking, "Ehh, just because he probably tastes good doesn't mean it would be right to eat him."

Absolutely.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

It absolutely does. Beating animals makes the meat more tender.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

They don't know what's going on. They have food, water. Sex. Poop where they want. They're happy enough. Don't hear 'em complainin', do ya? ;)

Do you think every single piece of meat we eat came from an animal that has been abused? Yeah, I acknowledge the fact that there are places with bad environments but don't make it seem like that's always the case. That'd be blowing things out of proportion just to get a point across.

By the way, it's not like animals look after my well-being either. I'm sure if I died in a desert a vulture wouldn't be thinking, "Ehh, just because he probably tastes good doesn't mean it would be right to eat him."

Vultures don't have the ability to think that.

I love eating meat, but I think it's impossible to ignore the fact that vegetarianism is a more ethical and moral position to take because of the way animals are treated in order to produce the quantities of meat we consume. I don't think eating meat is immoral, but it's certainly immoral to ignore any unnecessary suffering in the name of convenience and cost cutting.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I eat meat, I have no problem with it. Vegetarians are one of those types of people who I don't really care what they do (it's their lives) as long as they don't get in my way. If a vegetarian tries to convince me to go veggie, I will gladly yell at him and go out of my way to get him to know I never have any intention of stopping meat eating. If they let me eat my meat in peace, I'll let them have their carrots and soy milk undisturbed.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ok, i love animals, but i do do eat meat. What i don't get is why do people not eat meat? First of

all, you may not like meat because of the way they kill them or that they should be free, but if you think about it, vegetables are living creatures too.They are made of cells and grow. So why eat a living vegetable but not a piece of juicy steak? :mrgreen: Also, if you are vegetarian, why do you eat foods in the shape of meat like veggie burgers and veggie dogs.Your trying to back away from meat, not be hippocritical. the irony!

your analogy is terrible. animals have emotions. they move, sleep, eat, and drink pretty much the same way we do. plants can barely rot on soil. :wall:

i'm on the neither side because there are some meat products that i hate and some vegetables that i don't eat.

I love eating meat, but it is true that sometimes animals aren't treated well. Propaganda from PETA doesn't help anyone, though. I'll always support humane treatment of animals where necessary, and no, that doesn't include not eating them.

I largely agree with Lateralus. Eating meat isn't immoral, though it would be immoral to ignore that the rights of animals are dashed for the benefit of our wallets. Obviously a company will do whatever is best for it's bottom line, so that's where government regulation comes into it.

your analogy is terrible. animals have emotions. they move, sleep, eat, and drink pretty much the same way we do. plants can barely rot on soil.

If that's all it takes to make something human, plants are just as much as a cow. They feed. They reproduce. They grow.

I eat meat cause I know the other 5 billion people who do aren't going to stop, so me stopping isn't going to do jack. Won't save a single cow.

And it's delicious. :anxious:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Vultures don't have the ability to think that

So just because humans have the ability to act on a moral level, that means they shouldn't eat meat? I'm not saying the abuse is justifiable - I'm saying that eating it is. I mean if it's there on the market, we can eat it, and we like the taste, why shouldn't we be allowed to eat it when we want? Just to clarify, DJ was talking about not eating meat everyday.

Vultures don't have the ability to think that

So just because humans have the ability to act on a moral level, that means they shouldn't eat meat? I'm not saying the abuse is justifiable - I'm saying that eating it is. I mean if it's there on the market, we can eat it, and we like the taste, why shouldn't we be allowed to eat it when we want? Just to clarify, DJ was talking about not eating meat everyday.

No, I just thought it was a silly comparison to use. A human-animal comparison doesn't work when the root issue here is a moral one.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I eat meat, I have no problem with it. Vegetarians are one of those types of people who I don't really care what they do (it's their lives) as long as they don't get in my way. If a vegetarian tries to convince me to go veggie, I will gladly yell at him and go out of my way to get him to know I never have any intention of stopping meat eating. If they let me eat my meat in peace, I'll let them have their carrots and soy milk undisturbed.

Same here, I don't complain at vegetarians, unless they try to get me to go veggie, although I usually just act like I care, then try to make sure I'm eating meat next time I see them. Good times (craving some meat right now =P~ )

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Iv'e got many examples why to eat meat not vegetables:

Meat tastes great pluss it contains a lot of both proteins and iron.

Eating animals mean less animals = less CO2 from them.

Eating vegetables mean less plants = less CO2 convertet to oxygen.

Eating only vegetables causes your body to lack on some inportant neutritions.

Not eating meat means less animals killed = more CO2 from them.

Some people just can't stand eating vegetables without getting ill.

In other words us eating meat is both healtier for us and for the environement.

Mmmm... Meat!... =P~

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I never really ate vegetables and still don't, It's a real disappointing eating habit, my health has been affected by the lack of vegetables, I'm trying very hard to eat vegetables, peas, cucumbers carrots, but they are boring as [cabbage]. But I am eating them...

Luck be a Lady