Meat lovers vs. Vegetarians

shooterbob7

The difference is predators kill to survive, they don't kill for 'sport.' A lion kills a gazelle so he can eat that night, he doesn't kill some more just because he's bored. Humans can live without meat and we actually aren't created to eat it. We don't have claws, sharp front teeth, or a short intestinal tract (3x body length) so decaying meat can quickly pass. We have molars for grinding and long intestines (10-12x our body length). Not to mention we're the only 'meat-eaters' that cook it first. Lions rip right into the abdomen and eat the liver, stomach, etc and lap its blood. Just the thought of eating raw meat makes our stomachs turn.

Wut.

Explain incisors and canines, then.

Also, we prepare fruit and vegetables, even just by washing them first, before eating. And we eat some meats raw.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not seem to get this `squabble` how it is wrong to eat meat.

A tiger eats a rat (Example)

And that is good because it is `Natural` because a tiger is higher in the food chain than the rat.

So if I went and hunted a fox I'd get raped by PETA, where as the tiger get off free! But Mankind are higher in the food chain, so it is natural to eat meat- but those zealous fools think it is wrong because they are extinct (I'm sure when we flip ourselfs over, the magical endangered turtle would make an honorary cause to mankind.)

The difference is predators kill to survive, they don't kill for 'sport.' A lion kills a gazelle so he can eat that night, he doesn't kill some more just because he's bored. Humans can live without meat and we actually aren't created to eat it. We don't have claws, sharp front teeth, or a short intestinal tract (3x body length) so decaying meat can quickly pass. We have molars for grinding and long intestines (10-12x our body length). Not to mention we're the only 'meat-eaters' that cook it first. Lions rip right into the abdomen and eat the liver, stomach, etc and lap its blood. Just the thought of eating raw meat makes our stomachs turn.

Some of us actualy have sharp teeth and we are ervolved to eat meat as people ate almost only meat during the stoneage. You're also wrong about us only eating cooked meat, what about steak tartar?

Still not all meat is healthy even though it's edible as meat from predators is slightly unhealthy.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

A good cut of beef, properly cooked, is the most delicious thing in the world. I am sad that vegetarians cannot enjoy this, but I respect their decision to not eat meat. Just gotta say: I hope you're getting those essential amino acids somehow!

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

A good cut of beed, properly cooked, is the most delicious thing in the world. I am sad that vegetarians cannot enjoy this, but I respect their decision to not eat meat. Just gotta say: I hope you're getting those essential amino acids somehow!

Yes, I'm getting those amino acids. If I'm not getting them, they can't be essential, as I turned 15 a few months ago and have never been inside a hospital except to visit relatives. I guess you can be healthy without eating meat.

I do eat vegetarian replacement stuff, and I think it's delicious. Maybe because I have never eaten any meat to compare it with, but it certainly isn't disgusting and I probably wouldn't stop eating it even if I were to stop my vegetarianism.

2dvjurb.png

Well, meat is the base of our nutrition it seems. If you don't eat meat, you are going to get sick from not having some of the nutrients you need.

I love meat, tastes so good, how can some people live without it?

As for the alive vegetables topic, it's better to eat meat than vegetables from their point of view, since the meat is dead and the vegeteble still alive at the time of eating :o See where I'm comming from? :P

Actually, apparently you can get ther same type of vitamins eating specific "combinations" of veggies.

Religous: Well, I eat meat because in Genesis God said that he gave us the animals to eat.But we should STILL repsect them, but their main priority is to give us food. B ut that doesn't mean treat em like [cabbage].

Non religous: I eat meat. It is AMAZING!@ I love salad too, I don't eat meat every day, infact sometimes I don't eat it for 2-3 days, just because I'm not in the mood. But it's still epic. But, the way I see it 'dumber' animals, like chicken are perfectly happy eating their food. Unlike 'smarter' animals, like Dogs, Cats and Monkeys (to name a few) they don't need attention, really. You take their eggs, and they don't even care, and just make more.

But, a vegetarian lifestyle IS cheaper.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Would it offend a vegaterian if they got pelted by meat? Because in my head it seemed like a funny idea.

I'm going to see if theres a vid like that on YouTube.

Anyway, I disagree with vegaterians not eating meat, but doesn't really matter to me, don't push your ideas on me, and I won't care. But don't be offended if people don't like that...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Some of us actualy have sharp teeth and we are ervolved to eat meat as people ate almost only meat during the stoneage.

Protip: hunter-gatherer society. Omnivorous.

Still not all meat is healthy even though it's edible as meat from predators is slightly unhealthy.

If by "slightly unhealthy" you mean "poisonous", then yes.

I'm quite curious if anyone here who's a vegetarian does any kind of weight training? I'm sure it's possible in principle to get enough protein from soya products, but I know I have enough trouble getting enough protein despite being a big carnivore myself. I'm interested to know if anyone can get their (approx) 2g of protein per lb of bodyweight a day on a vegetarian diet.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I love animals, yet eat meat. Why? Because think of it, our ancestors didn't live off fruit and vegetables. Most animals live by eating the animal lower than them in the food chain. Times have changed, and yea, we don't hunt for our food anymore, but protein is still very good, and meat an great part of a balanced diet.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.

One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear.

And terror possesed me then.

And I begged,

"Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me,

"These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!

You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,

"Hear me now, I have seen the light!

They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul!

I love animals, yet eat meat. Why? Because think of it, our ancestors didn't live off fruit and vegetables. Most animals live by eating the animal lower than them in the food chain. Times have changed, and yea, we don't hunt for our food anymore, but protein is still very good, and meat an great part of a balanced diet.

Protien can be and is obtained from more than just meat. Just to clarify incase somebody didn't know.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Protien can be and is obtained from more than just meat. Just to clarify incase somebody didn't know.

Yea, I know that. I'm just saying that it does have protein and is good for you. Anyone saying that eating meat is unhealthy is talking poop (did I just say "poop" :? ). Sure, you would be ill if you just ate meat, just like you would be ill if you just ate vegetables. Everything in moderation is the best idea :D

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I don't see how you can put a plant's life up to par with an animal's life. I mean that's pretty extreme. Let me ask a question. Would you save one bird's life or two trees' lives if you had the choice?

Two tree's lives are more beneficial than a bird that eats other living things.

gr454rc.gif

Meat is awesome. There's nothing better than a good steak.

I'm fine with vegetarians, but I hate the ones that try to impose their beliefs on you.

Also, to the people who have said humans aren't designed to eat meat: how do you explain sweetcorn?

spacescenev24.jpg

I eat meat and fish just because i can't stand not eating it. I love it so much the taste. Every time i go to a restaurant i order a mixed grill of fish or meat.. Just because i love it.. Im fine with vegatarians as long they don't tell you its bad to eat meat and force you too eat vegetables ONLY.

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

klaus.jpg

I personally don't mind if people are Vegetarians, as long as they aren't vegan, and/or try to convince others to join them.

They can't deprive me of my lamb, steak, and Smoked Salmon though. I would eat them if they did, no pun intended.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Herbivores: Do not have guns, slaughterhouses, or 6.6 billion mouths.

Carnivores: Do not have guns, slaughterhouses, or 6.6 billion mouths.

Omnivores: Do not have guns, slaughterhouses, or 6.6 billion mouths.

Humans: Do have guns, slaughterhouses, or 6.6 billion mouths.

And if you're bringing naturalism into this, stop buying food from stores. It isn't natural. Go chew grass and hope I don't mix you up for a cow.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Health has come up quite a bit in this thread. I think it's worth noting that some findings show fish-eaters and occasional meat-eaters at lower mortality rates than plant-eaters.

For convenience, I'll let Wikipedia summarize:

A 1999 metastudy[10] compared six major studies from western countries. The study found that the mortality ratio was the lowest in fish eaters (0.82) followed by vegetarians (0.84) and occasional meat eaters (0.84), and was then followed by regular meat eaters (1.0) and vegan (1.0).[71] When the study made its best estimate of mortality ratio with confounding factors considered, the mortality ratio for vegetarians was found to be (0.94).[72]

The study:

Mortality in vegetarians and nonvegetarians

[snip]

I know a few months back in the thread there was the argument about vegetarianism being natural, well here's a picture to gander at, everyone pays attention to pictures.

-Still Vegetarian, 1 year 9 months

Sources? Current academic consensus seems to be that humans are natural omnivores, not vegetarians.

Are Humans Natural Frugivores/Vegetarians, or Omnivores/Faunivores?

The above paper concludes that: "Humans can be regarded as natural omnivores ... The data available on humanity's evolutionary diet leads to the conclusion that veg*n diets are not the natural diet of humanity ... The evolutionary or hunter-gatherer diet (discussed in earlier sections) consists of a diet of wild plant foods (fruits, nuts, some leaves/stems, starchy tubers--possibly cooked), insects, and the lean meat and organs of wild animals."

I personally don't mind if people are Vegetarians, as long as they aren't vegan, and/or try to convince others to join them.

They can't deprive me of my lamb, steak, and Smoked Salmon though. I would eat them if they did, no pun intended.

Exactly :P

And who gives a crap if "its not natural" for us to eat meat? We do.

Its not "natural" for us to do half the things we do.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I like to think im a bit of a meat lover. When my family has BBQ's, i'll only eat meat, no salad or anything else with it, just meat. When i go to a restaraunt the first thing i look for on the menu is steak. When i have a roast sunday lucnh, i'll have piles of meat, and only a handful of veg. Now if i could afford it i'd be eating steak, lamb, veal, mixed grills, chicken, not pork though, not a fan of pork, tastes a bit bland imo, everyday of the week.

Now i can see why some people wouldn't eat meat, in alot of cases the animal, meat and the killing are all handles in a terrible fashon. But thats mainly if you go for the cheap stuff. I'm not opposed to paying an extra £1-2 for a chicken if i know it's had a better life than most before ending up on my plate.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

A good cut of beef, properly cooked, is the most delicious thing in the world. I am sad that vegetarians cannot enjoy this, but I respect their decision to not eat meat. Just gotta say: I hope you're getting those essential amino acids somehow!

Yes, I'm getting those amino acids. If I'm not getting them, they can't be essential, as I turned 15 a few months ago and have never been inside a hospital except to visit relatives. I guess you can be healthy without eating meat.

I do eat vegetarian replacement stuff, and I think it's delicious. Maybe because I have never eaten any meat to compare it with, but it certainly isn't disgusting and I probably wouldn't stop eating it even if I were to stop my vegetarianism.

But can you bench 250?

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007