Sorry my inventory was full I was not ignoring you!

upthebanner

Just a little rant.

There are only a few skills that allow conversation fairly readily. Two of these are fishing and woodcutting. However I am not a touch typist and need to look at the keyboard whilst making conversation. There is nothing so annoying for me as to answer a question or say a few words and look up at the screen and see " Your inventory is too full to hold any more items". My message has to be re typed again by which time the person asking for raws or whatever has gone.

Last night a character asked for free food. I wrote " I am dropping raw trout. Do you want these as you can cook in Barbarian village?" Inevitably I looked up and the entire (not even the first Capital L) message had been wasted and the character had left.

Try touch-typing.The letters in QWERTY are already arranged so you're used to it.Its okay to make mistakes too,as long as ur sntce s till lgble.After a while you should be able to type without looking at your keyboard.Just takes some getting used to.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

You know that there are several online programs that can help you to learn how to type without looking at the keys right? I think you will find that if you spend a little time on that everyday that your typing speed will go way up and you will be able to avoid the problem that you have with the screen poping up while typing. Take it from me, learning to type without looking is one of the most important skills you can have in the workplace these days anyway so now is as good a time to learn as any. ::'

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

there isnt really anything that you should be complaining about, if your so unwilling to learn to type without looking at your keyboard, then you should at the very least check to see how full your inventory is before you start typing anyway?! :wall:

I wasn't even aware it did that if your inventory is full, it's a shame. :|

With that said, it's 2008 - even if you didn't play RS it would probably behoove you to improve your typing skills. :P

Just a little rant.

I wrote " I am dropping raw trout. Do you want these as you can cook in Barbarian village?"

I type 90wpm, and even I wouldn't type that into Runescape. If you type slow, stick with something simpler, like "dropping raw trout, pick it up if you want it".

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Best is simply to say "hold on" before you type out long sentences. The other person knows you're not ignoring him and will wait a bit before going away, buying you a little time to type.

Break the long sentences in shorter parts:

I am dropping raw trout.

Do you want these?

You can cook them in Barbarian village.

You will see that the more you type, the better you will get at it. I acquired my typing skills through the extensive use of IRC ::'.

on a semi-similar note, I absolutely hate it when jagex changes their ad, causing the keyboard focus in my browser to go away from the applet - and when I press backspace, or some other hotkey, I go forward a page, or backward a page, logging out effectively.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I once dated a guy who couldn't touch-type. It was a lot fun teasing him about it.

"People are idiots. Some just like to say they reported you to see your reaction, others are just spastic losers that believe everything is reportable, and others got banned and end up reporting everyone because they are mentally disturbed"

I can understand what you are saying, as I tend to be quite verbose when speaking in game. Fortunately for me, I do tend to type quite quickly as well. I learned how to type from some of the earliest MMORPG's called MUDs. They were entirely text, and if you didn't type in what you wanted to do correctly, such as cast a healing spell, it didn't work. You either learn to type quite quickly, or you end up dead quite quickly.

In any case, practice your typing skills, it will pay off as many jobs require computer interaction, and any job of managerial level or higher will require you to make reports and such using word processors.

Also, using smaller statements will help until you become a better typist, as well as breaking up your statements, which I find that I often have to do simply because the full course of dialogue simply will not fit within the parameters of the speech buffer, spoken, clan, or private.

I'm a touch typist as you guys put it but this still happens. I think on the priority list it is pretty low but it would be nice if Jagex changed the way the message came up somehow.

I mean, if I am typing very quickly, I am not going to be able to respond fast enough and am still going to end up losing half of my message.

Oh, and FYI I just did some online WPM test and had 55. I can probably go higher if I know what I want to say and especially if I am in a video game where I repeat the same words over and over again.

And heres the site I did it. I think they use passages from books or something. http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I just tried and got 77 wpm.

I learned from having to type in online games like starcraft, warcraft, and such, on battlenet. It worked. Im sure I would have learned through runescape if I was playing it at that time.

LOL, I wasted so much time pressing enter and then having to delete from all my time playing WC3. I'd finish a sentence and slap enter twice instead of a period >.>

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

I love the way people always respond to others rants. I am a pretty good typist, and I do not use the skill on the job. And yes, it is a good skill to have just for personal use if you enjoy using the computer a lot, even at home.

The point is is dialogs that pop up in the window and prevent you from being able to type are annoying. It happens in quests too. I believe it was "Dealing with Scabaras". I was in a dialog with an npc, and it was a long one, I thought they were never gonna stfu. :lol: And some other player was asking me something. They were like "fine then [wagon]" Sorry, I was already five minutes into an extremely long dialog that was boring me to tears. Sorry, I am not starting it over just to tell you something that is probably right under your nose in the first place.

Would be nice if you could talk to others in these situations.

in4F.gif

I love the way people always respond to others rants. I am a pretty good typist, and I do not use the skill on the job. And yes, it is a good skill to have just for personal use if you enjoy using the computer a lot, even at home.

The point is is dialogs that pop up in the window and prevent you from being able to type are annoying. It happens in quests too. I believe it was "Dealing with Scabaras". I was in a dialog with an npc, and it was a long one, I thought they were never gonna stfu. :lol: And some other player was asking me something. They were like "fine then [wagon]" Sorry, I was already five minutes into an extremely long dialog that was boring me to tears. Sorry, I am not starting it over just to tell you something that is probably right under your nose in the first place.

Would be nice if you could talk to others in these situations.

"I'm a touch typist as you guys put it but this still happens. I think on the priority list it is pretty low but it would be nice if Jagex changed the way the message came up somehow.

I mean, if I am typing very quickly, I am not going to be able to respond fast enough and am still going to end up losing half of my message."

I agreed with the ranter =)

dear threadstarter;

practise no-look-typing with focus.. i'm sure u can do it... :thumbsup:

well, no-look-typing enable one to look at source doc and do data-entry at the same time... a definate edge over those pple who need to see and type @ the same time... u'll be more productive in some sense.. :D

try it.. it seems impossible @ first.. but so many tipit-ers can do it.. so can u.. #-o