Today...

Leoo

Busy day, which was actually a nice thing.

Shopping is all done, and I found the exact rope I was looking for which is awesome. Our SUV has also decided that it can't shift out of park without using the manual unlocking mechanisim (you stick the key down a hole). So Dad is gonna call the dealer tomorrow to see if they have an idea what the problem is, and how long I can expect the manual release to work for. If its a quick fix, I'll take it in tomorrow, and if not then it will go in when we don't need it (once I am back at school). I love that truck, but at 7 years and almost 230,000 km on it, its having some reliability issues. They finally managed to make it stop clunking at all though, which I love.

I think it's a bit early for it to be having these issues. My car is 10 years old, and I passed the 298 000Km mark today and it still runs without any issues. I did have to put some repairs on it, but never much. Most expensive thing that is going to need replacing soon is the clutch, which is still the original, that's starting to slip a little bit.

Then again I think you have a very good truck if it lasted that long without more than what you say :).

I would have to ask if you live in a cold climate where the roads are frequently and heavily salted. The problem this time was something sticky made its way into the shifter housing as was causing something to stick. All they had to do was clean and lubricate it and it works fine. It lost its alternator a few months back, so its running a rebuilt one now. It also lost its ability to shift at all a while back when the clips that attach the shifter to the transmission rusted off. I don't think its ever broken anything major, just all these stupid little things.

I would also like to point out that 10 years and 300,000 km is atypical most cars, at least ones around here. The climate is too hard on them Nova Scotia for cars to last that long without developing some issues.

I did have a nice Mercedes for a summer (a C36 AMG) that was at least 15 years old at the time, and it ran quite well. It had 3 problem. First, the headrest in the back was broken (it wouldn't fold down at the touch of a button). Second was that it had almost no freon in its AC, which made its very weak and kind of hit or miss on if it would cool you down at all (which was awesome for a dark car with black interior). Its third problem was that it was very slowly leaking oil from the piston housing. We suspect someone put it back on wrong (tightened the bolts out of order, or one to much before doing the others) and gave it a miniscule bend. Lovely car though. A bit scary at red lights because its air cooling wasn't quite enough, so you could see the engine temperature go up, and then fall as soon as it started moving.

The last time I went shopping with girls they gave me the choice of going into Hot Topic or Victoria's Secret. Never has jumping off of the third floor seemed like a good idea until then.

I would have chosen Victoria's Secret. unsure.gif

The last time I went shopping with girls they gave me the choice of going into Hot Topic or Victoria's Secret. Never has jumping off of the third floor seemed like a good idea until then.

You mean you don't want to go help girls go pick out their lingerie?

You mean you don't want to go help girls go pick out their lingerie?

I think it's the whole premise of feeling like a pervert (to others anyway), even though you're not. At least my ex was at least caring enough to not bring me into stores like that... She even said to me "I would never bring you in there, it'd be a tad bit torturing don't you think?"

j0xPu5R.png

Busy day, which was actually a nice thing.

Shopping is all done, and I found the exact rope I was looking for which is awesome. Our SUV has also decided that it can't shift out of park without using the manual unlocking mechanisim (you stick the key down a hole). So Dad is gonna call the dealer tomorrow to see if they have an idea what the problem is, and how long I can expect the manual release to work for. If its a quick fix, I'll take it in tomorrow, and if not then it will go in when we don't need it (once I am back at school). I love that truck, but at 7 years and almost 230,000 km on it, its having some reliability issues. They finally managed to make it stop clunking at all though, which I love.

I think it's a bit early for it to be having these issues. My car is 10 years old, and I passed the 298 000Km mark today and it still runs without any issues. I did have to put some repairs on it, but never much. Most expensive thing that is going to need replacing soon is the clutch, which is still the original, that's starting to slip a little bit.

Then again I think you have a very good truck if it lasted that long without more than what you say :).

I would have to ask if you live in a cold climate where the roads are frequently and heavily salted. The problem this time was something sticky made its way into the shifter housing as was causing something to stick. All they had to do was clean and lubricate it and it works fine. It lost its alternator a few months back, so its running a rebuilt one now. It also lost its ability to shift at all a while back when the clips that attach the shifter to the transmission rusted off. I don't think its ever broken anything major, just all these stupid little things.

I would also like to point out that 10 years and 300,000 km is atypical most cars, at least ones around here. The climate is too hard on them Nova Scotia for cars to last that long without developing some issues.

I did have a nice Mercedes for a summer (a C36 AMG) that was at least 15 years old at the time, and it ran quite well. It had 3 problem. First, the headrest in the back was broken (it wouldn't fold down at the touch of a button). Second was that it had almost no freon in its AC, which made its very weak and kind of hit or miss on if it would cool you down at all (which was awesome for a dark car with black interior). Its third problem was that it was very slowly leaking oil from the piston housing. We suspect someone put it back on wrong (tightened the bolts out of order, or one to much before doing the others) and gave it a miniscule bend. Lovely car though. A bit scary at red lights because its air cooling wasn't quite enough, so you could see the engine temperature go up, and then fall as soon as it started moving.

I live in Northern New-Brunswick, where we already have around 40cm of snow and temperatures that were below -20 Celsius last week, but mostly below -5 until January. The only problems I had with this car so far are the ball-joints that have to be replaced every few years because they don't repair the roads that get destroyed by ice, and had to have a couple of repairs on the exaust pipe, which should have been changed with the damage it had, but they just replaced parts of it with pipe pieces they had laying around. Less expensive for me, being a student. Only issue it has right now is the keyholes, which only the passenger door doesn't have an issue. As for body rust, I work on it every couple of years as well, so the car pretty much looks like it doesn't have any rust at all. I can take a picture if you'd like.

I guess we both have very good vehicles :).

First off, I thought K4lyn was a girl (I assumed it was a play on Kaitlin), and I thought Star was a guy. Don't worry, your not the first people I have gotten backwards.

Not all girls are slow shoppers. With clothes, yeah, girls are going to be slower, and there are reasons for that. First, girls have more options, more things to consider when picking out clothes, to consider than guys do. I'm not going to go into details here, but take a look at #4 on this cracked article to get an idea of what I am talking about (that point is about why it takes so long to get ready, but the fashion spectrum applies to shopping too). Also, it takes more time to get a good fit for girls. A guy can just know what size he is, and take his stuff home where he either tries it on on his own time, or assumes its good to go and doesn't even bother with that. For a lot of clothes (bathing suits are probably the worst offenders here), that just doesn't work with girls. You would be doing an enormous amount of returns if you didn't try most stuff on in the store. Plus that's kinda fun for a lot of girls, but that's not the point.

Also, guys can take a while too on those rare occasions when they don't know exactly what they want. The most common instances of these seem to be wandering into either the tool section of a store (which is often the entire store, unless your in Wal-Mart), and when guys wander into a games store without planning.

As of now, I've been working as a florist for a month, $12/hr. Pay's not bad for a part-time job.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

As of now, I've been working as a florist for a month, $12/hr. Pay's not bad for a part-time job.

Florist seems like a really peaceful job. $12/hour is nice as well.

^@Randox: That's understandable, it's a girl's name. dry.gif

Back from vacation, what did I miss?

OMG. FAR OUT YOU MISSED SO GOD DAMN MU

Nothing :)

Just met up with some girl that I started texting on Tuesday, after my friend gave me her number after being told she was keen on me. Far out she's cool. If I get put in the friend zone I might just cry.

And I'm a whole foot taller than her :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Deciding to work on my New Year's resolution list early, and even working on doing those things along the way. The first thing that I did was deactivate my Facebook and the next is likely going to involve organizing myself.

I guess there is a few perks to not being focused on the holidays unlike others. Sadly, my list is still under construction.

Visiting my parents today before Christmas, then when I get back we're getting picked up by my bf's dad and driving down to their house for Christmas. It's gonna be... interesting (see: terrifying) spending Christmas with his family. I've already met his parents a few times though so it shouldn't, hopefully, be terribad. And I'm apparently getting a present from them, which is nice :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Got up just a bit ago. Was informed that I am getting my first Christmas gift later today. I will be getting my new phone from US Cellular, the HTC Hero S. Was pretty pumped to here this, hopefully nothing stupid happens in the house today and I can actually go get the phone before work.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

SNOOOOOOW

I was trapped at my friend's house for a good part of the day because of this sudden snow. I love it.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang