Today...

Leoo

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

@RPG, not sure if the video is to your taste or not, but I have been watching a group called code zero gaming play it in multiplayer. This is one of my favourite videos by them, nice variety, not too much goofing off, and a fantastic (to me) police chase in the second half. Actually, I think there are a couple in this one.

http://youtu.be/q21bb28XSsA

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Went to rego my car. Not only did my CTP Greenslip provider [bleep] up (apparently in NSW you're not allowed to get a 6-month insurance, it MUST be 12 month, despite having two options on the NSW page) the RTA here (Road traffic clowns) said "Oh we don't do 6 month registrations anymore".

WHY IS IT [bleep]ING ADVERTISED ON THE DAMN SITE THEN!?!?!

Now I have to save up ANOTHER $500 for it.

Popoto.~<3

Get a different provider, Elder's Insurance will give you a quote in <30 seconds. The RTA was technically right, if you want to get 6 months rego you have to do it online or over the phone.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Get a different provider, Elder's Insurance will give you a quote in <30 seconds. The RTA was technically right, if you want to get 6 months rego you have to do it online or over the phone.

It's a Blue Slip. So unless they also send me the plates via mail, got no choice.

Also YUNOSTEAM?

Popoto.~<3

My parents have been in town the last week, visiting me. We went to Disney World the other day and it was really amazing. We went on a few rides and i don't think i've ever heard my mom and dad laugh out of pure enjoyment the way they did that day. It was truly awesome. I also took them flying last night. It was an amazing thing to share with my parents.

Also found out today that some guy that was in school with me died 2 days ago. He was a Flight Instructor at a school in South Africa. Him and what i assume was one of his students crashed into a lake/dam and both of them died. It's extremely scary when you hear about these things.

Sorry about your schoolmate Noxx

RPG, have you physically walked into a bank and talk to a banker or over the phone? I feel like if you went in with the right forms of documentation they should be able to work out a solution.

It's because I got the card through Unemployment, which is run by the state. I went to the establishment (BoA) who told me they can't do anything and to go through the State automated system. I did. The option I was looking for wasn't there, so I rang up a human being. I gave her my social security number, address, mothers maiden name, the whole nine yards, but then came the trick question: "How much has been deposited on this card". Well I have no idea since the government claimed to have never have paid me at all. I didn't even know I had money in the account until I paid my taxes where my W(some-number-here) claimed I had ~$600 lying around. So now I need to reset my PIN to something I know, but I first need to know my PIN to do it. Which puts me back at square numero uno. I can't get to my money without my PIN. I can't get my PIN without knowing how much money I was given. I can't figure how much money I was originally given because I initially was told there was bi-weekly payments of $0.00. So I want to change my PIN so I can use this money that I got taxed for to help pay off my $1100 deficit in tax "refund". But I can't do that without my PIN.

Get the picture?

I'm going to see my school's interpretation of An Actor's Nightmare for class. It might be decent. Then I'm off drinking, so I may not be around for a couple days. (Like I could stay away from this place haha)

Local man discovers light travels faster than sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhk979yHgEE

I know lots of people died but... that's one hell of an explosion.

How in the name of Etro.... did a Fertilizer plant explode to such lengths? It's like someone DROPPED a bomb on it O_O

There is a reason you need a license to own certain types of fertilizer in the states. You can use nitrogen fertilizer I believe it is to make bombs.

Edit: I would assume it was making a type of fertilizer like that.

Tim, in case you didn't know, nearly all fertilizers are flammable. And almost all of the unidentified explosive devices in Iraq and Afghanistan are made out of fertilizers. In a bit larger quantities they are very easily explosive as is seen in this video.

Today, Tallinn 2013 international choral festival competiton part. I have been sick for a week so I have no idea what is left of my voice, but yesterday I heard that the bass group was in a total loss without me. Everyone got lower than they should and in one song in one bass solo everyone but me comes in a bit late. I can fix that. Hope to get a reasonable spot at that choral festival...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

This is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

I'm staying at some relatives' house for a few weeks. The internet here is so fast. I can download updates for my PS3, update Xubuntu, update Steam games, and still play online games with less lag than on a good day at home. Work tomorrow morning, family dinner tomorrow night, and then I have Sunday free to check out this cool thing that everyone keeps talking about. YouToob, iTube, something like that. It sounds really awesome.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Today, me and my friend got victims of a hidden camera prank. Couldn't find the exit in an IKEA apartment exhibtion, and got confused, saw people walking in the exhibtion, but couldn't figure out how they got out. And it's going to be aired on Norwegian television.

:twss:

Today I spent some time actually trying to figure out how graphics processors work, and also found a lovely video illustrating the basics of CPU operation, to the point I now have a conceptual map in my head of how they work purely based on the clock and logic gates. Information of GPU's is frustratingly hard to come by, though I did find out what a CUDA core is, though I have yet to find a satisfactory explaination of AMD's use of stream processors. I feel I am missing some intermediate level of knowledge, but I at least have a bit better of an idea of what affects their performance, and how things like their memory actually works (which is totally backwards to how I thought apparently).

I've also found out that GPU's are surprisingly resiliant to heat. It seems CPU's usually have a maximum operating temperature in the 60's ©, where most modern GPU's will top out a little past boiling. It is however my understanding that 70C would still be considered hot, and by the time you reach 80 you are definitely shortening the remaining life of the hardware. I else expect bad things happen if your GPU actually gets hot enough to boil water (if nothing else, you'll probably cook everything else in the case).

Also, speaking of unsatisfactory answers. I am wondering if anyone knows if starring at white paper for extended periods of time (like during an exam) causes colour fatigue in the eye across the entire spectrum (though I am particularly interested with losing sensitivity to red). I noticed during today's exam towards the end of this morning exam that the skin on my hand seemed to have mostly turned grey, which isn't exactly expected (and I am not exaggerating, to me it looked a bit like a zombie hand), but I'm not even sure that's possible. My assumption (and this is exactly what you want the back of your mind to be working on during a calc exam) is that starring at white paper under fluorescent lights for more than 2 hours dulled my ability to see red a bit, and if I went a bit pale while being stressed out, that could make my skin look grey to me.

Might I also say it's actually kind of depressing when you work through an entire term of calculus only to learn that limits, derivatives, and integrals, are mechanics like addition or subtraction used to solve other types of equations? Not that they aren't each useful on their own. Derivatives and Integrals are massively important as a stand alone thing (I have no idea what limits are used for, except higher orders of math), but so is addition. Sequences, Series, Parametric Equations, Differential Equations, Polar Graphing. It's also fun to realize that at some point I will probably be doing Differential Equations in particular at some point that make the ones I suck at now look like child's play. I've also realized over the course of this term that my trigonometry is a pretty big weakness, and over the summer I actually need to dedicate some time to learning that stuff over again.

There's a huge chance I'm getting my license indefinitely suspended. That'll teach me to drive better...right?

So...that's basically how my weekend's been going.

Life's been rough this week.

What the hell did you do to warrant a permo' ban on driving? run over an old lady doing 200km/h in a 60 zone?

(or 120 miles in a 50 mile zone for you crazy Americans, with your imperial systems)

Popoto.~<3

What the hell did you do to warrant a permo' ban on driving? run over an old lady doing 200km/h in a 60 zone?

(or 120 miles in a 50 mile zone for you crazy Americans, with your imperial systems)

that's sadly not far from what happened haha

It's still 20th April here for us, so no idea where he lives.

Updated my blog (since I think RPG is the only reader of it) and I decided to give vlogging another crack. I don't have the best camera but it'll do until I buy one of those handhand Canon thingies for $150 in a month's time.

Popoto.~<3