Today...

Leoo

Today my ISP's speeds went up. Same plans, higher speeds. Now instead of having 50/30 (mb/s) I have 80/50. No price hikes on the plan! For some reason the upload speed always takes about a week to go up (well that's what it did when I upgraded my fiber plan to 50/30).

2665389139.png

I hate you ;___;

2665568956.png

I can tell you I only get 1/2 of that speed at max. I swear Telstra purposely throttles people based on location.

Ouch... I know that they used to throttle here, but they're not throttling anymore they got sued and lost.

our problem is Telstra OWN the networking lines in Australia. They're basically 1-step from monopolizing it 100%, if we still had John Howard as a prime minister, it would have happened as he was dumb enough to give them so much access.

Popoto.~<3

As a Michigander, I have yet another idea of U of M, and it has another 34 years on the University of Minnesota.

As a student of this U of M I fully support this message.

Today was my frist exam and my last day of classes. Kind of unreal that freshman year ended so fast. My Anthropology exam was easy as hell, and after that and finishing the rest of my homework for the year i've been using the day unproductively as a study break to make up for the stress of these past few weeks/this weekend. Tomorrow's the start of my final push though, with programming and linear algebra finals on thursday and physics on friday night, but I'm just anxious to get it all done with and finally head back home for the summer.

Was sending anonymous messages to a girl on tumblr, and I think I pissed her off lol. She stopped posting them, but she hasn't gotten off tumblr. I feel kinda bad now.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Michigan has always been the UofM or simply Michigan. Miami is just The U or Miami. University of Minnesota has just always been that school in that state with the funny accents that may or may not part of Canada.

tFtfA.jpg

@AirFramer: Welcome to TIF OT?

Your join date hasn't even happened yet where I live. This is confusing haha

I KNEW IT

TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE!!!!

Just take a plane trip to Australia (or the States) depending upon location and you either go forward or back in time...

Michigan has always been the UofM or simply Michigan. Miami is just The U or Miami. University of Minnesota has just always been that school in that state with the funny accents that may or may not part of Canada.

Don't worry, the entire US is just the southron part of Canada we allow to govern itself. :thumbsup:

That game was Enalaved: Odyssey to the West.

And I freaking love my schoolweek now, first and only lesson at 3 pm.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

our problem is Telstra OWN the networking lines in Australia. They're basically 1-step from monopolizing it 100%, if we still had John Howard as a prime minister, it would have happened as he was dumb enough to give them so much access.

Well it's the same here in Canada, Bell owns all the networking lines in Canada, but at least we have a lot of people pushing the government and the CRTC, such as OpenMedia.ca, to get better connections for a better price, and that's something else, we're in a country with one of the highest prices for internet connections, and that's because we have Bell/Bell Aliant, Rogers, and Telus, and the government stops the competition from coming. If they allowed competition from the US to come here we'd have better prices too, we'd have prices similar to those people pay in the US. That's why there are these organisations pushing the government and not the ISPs, the government are those controlling the ISPs more than anything else.

Just applied for a part-time job on a tattoo parlour. Wonder if I get it, and if I do get it, will I have time between the studies... -.-

Why do I keep reading bits and bobs about Canada everywhere now... o.O

Well it's the same here in Canada, Bell owns all the networking lines in Canada, but at least we have a lot of people pushing the government and the CRTC, such as OpenMedia.ca, to get better connections for a better price, and that's something else, we're in a country with one of the highest prices for internet connections, and that's because we have Bell/Bell Aliant, Rogers, and Telus, and the government stops the competition from coming. If they allowed competition from the US to come here we'd have better prices too, we'd have prices similar to those people pay in the US. That's why there are these organisations pushing the government and not the ISPs, the government are those controlling the ISPs more than anything else.

Price wise it is still probably high but eastlink has a decent hold on ISP status where I live.

Amazon gave me a refund on a phone that I'd already received. Giving them this refund back is actually turning out to be a huge pain.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Well, Canada may be 220 Estonias but out of my head I can name 4 cable operators and I know there are lots more. Plus we have 3,5G or HSDPA coverage practically everywhere. And 4G in every larger town and on highways. And public wifi in practically every cafe and restaurant and shopping mall.

And the prices are generally low. If I didn't live in the [bleep]ing hellhole where I live right now (in the middle of a forest, 2 km's from nearest village), I could get 150 MBit/s internet for 10€ per month.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I believe Bell only owns the lines in Eastern Canada, here in Manitoba they're owned by MTS, and in Sask. they're owned by Sasktel.

Still we talked about it at college and even if you're with a different carrier the connection goes through Bell, even Rogers goes through Bell for internet in Canada, although they have their own cable and fiber lines (yes they do have home fiber plans here). I didn't inform myself on this, but if it's anything like Aliant here (even when it was called NBTel), I think MTS and SaskTel might be owned by Bell too. Anything Sympatico is owned by Bell.

Eh eh. Eh, eh eh eh eh. Eh eh! (Sorry guys. Yes, it's a semi-long post. Happens sometimes!)

Today... I finally worked up the balls and swallowed my pride to ask for help with my life. The past couple days I've been doing things I've dreamt of, and it made me realize how unhappy I am with where I am in life. I've been to school in the past, been registered several times, but had to cancel and drop out due to health. I lost the life I wanted, the dream job, the savings, and... Well, I'm ready to get my life back!

So today brought a few things. I've been offered free (paid for) College/University in the past, but my pride got in the way. So, as I often do, I brought my Ma to lunch, only this time swallowed my pride asked for help. I can honestly say that decision will probably have changed my life more then anything.

Turns out... I have a lot more to my name then I thought. I can afford to put myself through school... Several times over! These accounts I've forgotten about and ignored over the years. So, come September, it's back to university!

As if that wasn't exciting enough, she had something to tell me. My grandmother (who I'm very close with), cancelled her surgery (a knee replacement with the same surgeon I have) to give me her time in the OR. My 14th and final surgery... May 28th!

Also, nohomo, but a good watch:

• Like 3

09144a99bb.png