Today...

Leoo

Become entirely obsessed with this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK912sNGGpw

If you like hardcore/post-hardcore listen to it. If you don't, listen to it.

The end makes me cry it's so good.

Wish the band was still touring/writing music cause I'd pay any money to see them.

I probably should have done some kind of sport in high school. After lazing around and eating mostly junk food for most of the year I'm able to run a 10 minute mile without any issues. Would have made high school more eventful for me at least.

Last time I ran a mile (years ago, still after high school) I clocked at 11...I used to do it 7-8. I shudder how I'll do now.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Become entirely obsessed with this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK912sNGGpw

If you like hardcore/post-hardcore listen to it. If you don't, listen to it.

The end makes me cry it's so good.

Wish the band was still touring/writing music cause I'd pay any money to see them.

They are, they're just called Polyenso now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNkS0QN8Kg

They sound absolutely nothing like Oceana did though. Birth.Eater is still pretty fantastic when I feel 17 enough to listen to that kind of stuff lmao.

Also, I've seen La Dispute live. FANTASTIC show. They will definitely meet your expectations should you ever end up seeing them :P.

The Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert was just incredible though. Though driving through Detroit always sucks, the concert was spot-on, with Justin playing pretty much the best set he could have assembled and Jay-Z being surprisingly not suicide-inducing. It's also a nice change seeing a stadium show for once instead of the smaller venues I'm used to haha. Definitely a fantastic time.

• Like 2

I've been swimming 3 times over the last 3 weeks, I'm not particularly good at it so I thought this summer would be a good chance to try and improve.

I can do 25m - a length, but that's it. I've had lessons fairly recently and I know all about *how* to swim properly, but I still struggle. I have asthma so my lung capacity is fairly non-existent. I can't make it that 25m without gasping for breath. And because I struggle with breathing so much I know my stroke isn't even close to ideal.

I'm just hoping more practice will help because I know I would enjoy swimming if I didn't feel like it was a battle against death every stroke :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I can't imagine not being able to swim... All my conscious life I have known how to swim, in basic school I took part in practices aswell.

I can swim one whole length underwater. At least last time when I tried I could.

Today, lost my favourite tractor here. Have to make do with a smaller one.

Also, 2 free days this holiday, after 10 days of work...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Inb4 'this one time, at band camp...' jokes. :lol:

This one time, at band camp... Albel played the euphonium. That is what he does, after all.

This one time at band camp... Haseo played the game and lost.

• Like 1

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I mean, it was taken away. I got it temporarily, as a replacement.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Just drifted with a tractor for the first time. Not voluntarily. Haven't ever experienced anything so scary.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Woke up at 10am after sleeping at 6am in an effort to get that sleeping back on track. Also, I think I have successfully dropped coffee out of my diet but now I'm craving it a bit because of how dead I'm feeling. Ugh, think I'll go out to wake me up.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

that is an option. it will also grow in better with time.

It lives.

How do you lose a tractor? It's not the sort of thing that winds up accidentally pushed under your bed.

It's a toy tractor, Estonia is poor enough for them to be of use.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Just realised 6 weeks left till I move for uni. Scared but very excited. If anyone has any handy tips it will be much appreciated, until then I'm pretty much going in blind.

rc1tzc.png

Just realised 6 weeks left till I move for uni. Scared but very excited. If anyone has any handy tips it will be much appreciated, until then I'm pretty much going in blind.

Don't [bleep] up.

Hehehe. Entirely just kidding. I am going to Uni in 2 weeks so I'm essentially in the same boat. What is your major or whatever?

General tips are the following:

Network like crazy. Talk to all your professors after your first class. Just let them put a name to a face, even if it's a small class. The initiative (if you take it) will make a huge impression and help much farther down the road.

Make friends, but don't make them the priority. You're there for school after all.

It's only illegal if you get caught. Don't get caught.

Those are kind of serious answers.

Make friends, but don't make them the priority. You're there for school after all.

I disagree with this. I did not make enough effort to make friends my first semester and it was some of the most miserable four months of my life. Try your best to branch out to everyone you meet during welcome week and try to find some sort of solid group because those weekends where your one friend is at home visiting his long distance girlfriend and you have nothing to do but stare at your walls as you do homework are things that I'd never wish upon anybody.

• Like 1

I disagree with this. I did not make enough effort to make friends my first semester and it was some of the most miserable four months of my life. Try your best to branch out to everyone you meet during welcome week and try to find some sort of solid group because those weekends where your one friend is at home visiting his long distance girlfriend and you have nothing to do but stare at your walls as you do homework are things that I'd never wish upon anybody.

A long version of what I failed to convey.

Not making friends your priority doesn't mean not making a lot of them. If you have a grade requirement on a schollorship, meet that. Most scholorships past first year will probably require a 3.7, as will a lot of employment opourtunities at the University (tend to pay poorly, but can offer very valuable experience, which is a very valuable commodity). I will also so that good marks tend to be a door to good relations with professors, which can very easily lead to connections you can use to get better jobs out of University.

I would phrase it that your priority should be to set yourself up for the future. Marks are a gateway to perhaps a first job, less student debt, and world connections. Friends will probably be less important. People tend to drift apart after school, and most people make friends within their neighborhoods. So I would still consider freinds to typically be a short term focused goal, and something that should no be pursued to the extent that you sacrifice your future.

On the flip side, there is very little to be gained being a strait A+ student vs an A- or even B+. The marks mean very little out of school, and you can open the doors with less than a perfect GPA. Sometimes the difference in work between a B and A isn't going to be worth it.

Balance.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with the difference between a B and an A. At least where I go, that threshold can be very hard to break and you really feel like you've earned it when you do. Even if the marks don't mean as much for your prospects they can make a world of difference to you personally and how much you got out of your classes. Which will carry over into how well you do later.

• Like 2

p2gq.jpg

I'm doing ICT so I know I'll meet some fellow geeks who have the same interests(games/technology/anime/tv shows). Definitely get to know flatmates and chat to professors.

rc1tzc.png

3 weeks till uni for me...

Luckily, half of my former classmates are going to the same uni.

But I am afraid that is a bit bad aswell.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc