Today...

Leoo

The concert was AWESOME! This year for the first year we really (or well, at least I) got the real performing feeling above feeling nervous. We aced Bohemian Rhapsody, we managed a song without the solo singer, by replacing him with just dudes from the choir, we got a really chillout song for the ending and I got to throw my tie away :)

In other news, promised to be sober until New Years'. Many people have tried to talk me out of it, I won't budge. It is my freshman year in university, but I think I can get by these 3 months. UNLESS there is a barcrawl. There I will be. But in no other circumstances.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Found a new game that I will not be buying. Amnesia: Descent into Darkness is a really awesome game, and it's ridiculously scary. The closest I have come to that are the Deadspace games, and in deadspace backing into a corner and panic firing your machine gun is always an option. Amnesia has no weapons at all, which added to the extraordinary job they did on the atmosphere, must make it pretty freaky to play. So far, what I have seen hasn't had many enemies, though I did like this part:

http://youtu.be/EseOdcgxVpg

That might be special, because unlike every other video and lets play I found, this guy actually immerses himself in the game, and he's really being scared. Makes it a lot more fun to watch as well; it sort of rubs off on the viewer I think. Especially if you do as he says and watch it in the dark with headphones on (how he plays the game).

I'll also throw in the EatMyDiction video that prompted me to look for the lets play:

[hide]

http://youtu.be/02oPn7DXTuA

[/hide]

Anyway, I've been watching that for the bulk of the day seeing as I was up late last night, and up late today.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a really amazing game, and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs just came out. I can't tell you anything about it, since I forgot to pre-order it and I'm now low on cash, but if it's half as good as TDD then it's going to be a masterpiece. My favourite video for TDD would have to be this one.

[spoiler=warning, moderate amount of swearing]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSauLkwvLDg

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

i wonder if amnesia game devs ever get annoyed that the first exposure a lot of people will get to their game will be some obnoxious prick screaming over game footage, completely ruining any sense of tension/atmosphere

a machine for pigs is really good btw

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

You're a psych student, right rpg? I'm probably going that route as well, so it's pretty much a given that I'll be going to graduate school. What area are you interested in studying?

You're a psych student, right rpg? I'm probably going that route as well, so it's pretty much a given that I'll be going to graduate school. What area are you interested in studying?

That's the thing, I don't know precisely what it is I want to do with my degree. I'm leaning toward human resource management but I started wanting to be an adolescent therapist. I'm in a bit of a panic since I don't know any of my psych professors that I really made a good impression on.

Dark descent is a phenominal game.

Last night I hung out with this girl who is literally my soul mate. We played injustice until 5am after watching Batman: Under the Red Hood. We started the night at a bonfire where we split a bottle of jack and talked about starwars while looking at the moon through a telescope. Then I stole a parking sign. Literal soul mate

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Then I stole a parking sign

I always wanted to snag a sign... preferably a CA State 60 shield or I-15 one.

Oh. Soul mate. Yes, congrats. How would I get a 60 shield I wonder.

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Girls that I hang out with stole a sign which forbade pedestrians to continue.

Took it to their place. Next thought- the sign will be brought to the place which must host the next party. The sign is still there, been over a week :D

Today, going out for a tour in the downtown. It is 11.30 PM.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Just watching the first bit of the video there, and I actually recognized that part immediately, being about where I left off watching mine (which was supposed to start at 7:26, when the game tells him to hide and he shuts himself in a wardrobe for a couple minutes). I think it's a fair point, that most people's introduction is someone playing it up a bit, which can be a bit of a shame. Perhaps I am lucky that I didn't bother to think diction was playing that up (since as near as I can tell, he is legitimately bad with scary games, much like myself).

No offence, but an I-15 sign seems kind of boring, unless there is a pop culture reference I am missing? Ragged Ass Road is always a nice choice (Yellowknife), which I have a nice duplicate of knocking around. The real metal ones are a bit heavy though, so I just have some plastic ones up on the wall. I have the Nene (Hawaii), Polar Bear (Canada), and Wombat (Australia?) crossing signs up right now. I'm not sure where all the metal ones are right now. I also wouldn't mind having one of the "Warning: Flying Rocks" signs. I don't think any of mine are stolen though.

The Leafs won

Don't get used to that. :P

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

RPG you seem so rad not even gon' lie.

Dawww

My sign is a list of parking fines. Pretty nifty.

And don't get all congradulatory on me, said soul mate is of the lesbian persuassion. Which hurts but its not like I didnt know, I've known her for years.

Today sucked kinda where I was working a wedding (which is my hell) and the [bleep]ing client added 30 people without telling anyone so I had to scramble to set up 3 more tables out of my ass. Then I closed which made for a solid 10 hour shift of BS. Ugh.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

No offence, but an I-15 sign seems kind of boring, unless there is a pop culture reference I am missing?

No, it's just personal. Its the freeway I grew up next to, the one that takes us to all the nice places (malls, the beach, Vegas). Same goes for the CA60. Of course there's duplicates on sale but that's not what a "real" sign was. Yes, to have a 'real' sign would mean theft, which is why I don't have any...

As for funny signs, I hear there WAS a town in Austria called Fu*king. They changed their name because too many people stole the sign. :D

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I was going to take an ice sign (it was discarded on the side) but the light of day stopped me.

Today I'm hunting for new laptops. It's probably going to be a HP again. Leaning towards the HP Envy m6-1310sa.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I was going to take an ice sign (it was discarded on the side) but the light of day stopped me.

Today I'm hunting for new laptops. It's probably going to be a HP again. Leaning towards the HP Envy m6-1310sa.

HPs overheat like no other though. Always heard good things about Dell's stability.

This semester is looking really easy so far, despite this being my last year of highschool. I only have English, math, and extended French right now, and only English and math will be going onto my university transcript, so I can pretty much just neglect French if I ever get a huge workload in my other two courses. I don't think I've had more than half of an hour of homework in a night so far, though, so I don't think I'll have to do this.

The thought of me going off to university sort of freaks me out. I don't feel any different from when I entered highschool (I've probably matured quite a bit, but somehow I still feel the same), so the thought of graduating seems a little inane to me right now. Eh, perhaps I'll adjust to it in a bit.

I didn't know we were the same age o.O

But from my experience, I'm on week three of university and it is a huge difference than high school. However, there's so many activities and people to help you adjust in the first few weeks. You'll be fine.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

This morning I'm in the office helping with dispatch while our main secretary/dispatcher is at the hospital for some tests. Really, I'm just here to help the other girl if one of our English speaking clients calls because the boss isn't here either. So basically I'm getting paid for the morning to sit around, drink coffee and browse the internet on her computer (I've used that laptop of mine for so long, I'd forgotten what it was like on a full-sized screen). The only downside is trying to figure out where everything is on this French keyboard of hers. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

HPs overheat like no other though. Always heard good things about Dell's stability.

Yeah I had a HP before this and it would heat like a hot iron but I'm short on money and the Dells at the place I'm getting it from are £100 more.

Gotta get used to Windows 8 after using Vista for 5 years and 7 for a month.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

That's fair Giordano. Come to think of it, I wouldn't say no to the local highways. Actually, this prompted me to take a look at them, and our road designations being fantastically crazy (most of the major roads are apparently trunk and collector highways pretending to be normal roads under other names).

Also, got a memory foam cover for my bed. It's pretty awesome. Deeper than the one I had for my bed at home, which is a nice bonus.

FINALLY got a proper computer. Enough of having iPad as me only computer. And sincere thanks to my mate who agreed to do a full teardown and invent a new connector to the fan on my laptop.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc