Today...

Leoo

Met up with The_Gabe for dinner tonight, always fun meeting people you've known online for a while irl. Also, I got a new kitten :wub: there's pictures in the Pets thread. First day of class today, a couple of them are looking pretty interesting.

3 lectures first day haha. Had PT this morning at 6:15 too. Gonna have it MWF at 6:15-7:30.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I don't know what happened but suddenly my colloege has been filled with beautiful girls. And as long as my job doesn't get super in the way, I think I might actually like this semester

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Helping my sister do maths for a job interview at Kumon. She's 17 and we have to start with adding single digits. I'm wondering how she passed maths with a C.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Something weird happened today. Received a call on my cellphone that only had "10" as the caller ID. No idea what that means and is suspicious so I did not answer. They didn't leave a message.

Moved into my university dorm on Sunday. Haven't seen a sober night since. Being an university freshman is hard.

Sad part is that in my course there is only 9 people. And 8 of those are weird.

So I have been left partying with people I have known from before. And some new. I have been told now 4 times that I should join the joirnalistics course as my second course. Since they are the people I party with.

And I have been having really depressing thoughts because and even though my roommate is my best friend... He is better than me in practically everything. And that feels kinda bad.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

And I have been having really depressing thoughts because and even though my roommate is my best friend... He is better than me in practically everything. And that feels kinda bad.

I used to do this a lot. The thing to realize is that there is never anything good that comes from comparing yourself to other people, whether it be thinking you're better than them and becoming cocky or getting depressed from thinking everyone else is better. But just because someone seems better at you than some things doesn't mean that you are bad at them, and you're probably better than them at others if you need to make that kind of comparison. Everyone has their own set of talents and qualities that make them who they are; worry about finding who you are and how to make yourself the best you can be instead of wasting your time comparing yourself to other people.

Also, just remember that only you can make yourself happy or sad. Sometimes it can just be easy as telling yourself you're not going to let something bother you anymore.

• Like 1

Something weird happened today. Received a call on my cellphone that only had "10" as the caller ID. No idea what that means and is suspicious so I did not answer. They didn't leave a message.

Dude...you missed a call from god himself.

Ir2YrPW.jpg

• Like 1

any UK'ers wanna house me? <3

Bat-shit tired from doing my sister's wedding photos last night/yesterday. Gunna take me a few days to pick what I want, build an album for her and a portfolio for me, especially since I dunno how to clean images w/photoshop.

Popoto.~<3

Starting to enjoy having the philosophy types as roommates. Had a...4 and half hour conversation with one of my house mates on pretty much everything through North American politics and political systems in general, every awesome book series I have ever read, and a few I need to read apparently, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Definitely one of the more interesting conversations I have ever had in my life, as well as one of the longest uninterrupted ones. Theres another philosophy student as well in the house right now, so I see some interesting and very long and conversations in our futures this year.

Also got introduced to the America's Cup (sailing), and I'm in love with the design of those boats (Hydrofoiling Catamarans which can sail faster than the wind both into and out of it). Just absolutely magnificent feats of engineering, and probably a good dose of crazy.

Brother created a banner + logo for an up and coming cake company and got paid in cake. It's not money but it's the next best thing.

rc1tzc.png

Brother created a banner + logo for an up and coming cake company and got paid in cake. It's not money but it's the next best thing.

I mean, it doesn't exactly put bread on the table...

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

It puts cake on the table.

• Like 2

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Which is a fairly sweet alternative, if you think about it.

Oh god what have I done I am so sorry

• Like 2

Which is a fairly sweet alternative, if you think about it.

Oh god what have I done I am so sorry

Be warned of the Diabetes.

I drew this over the span of the last few days.

[hide]

CIVIw0F.png[/hide]

ozXHe7P.png

I'm disappointed nine naked men. I liked your comment for the face melting drinking and then you took it away...

Same ingredients, different method of baking, I'd say it would.

My brother just started creating logos and stuff so he's not in a position to be demanding money. Though I heard he may have a job which pays lined up. ££££££££

rc1tzc.png

Last night I was playing around with trying to encourage my CPU to run a bit faster to get through the physics for Kerbal Space Program. I still haven't figured out anyway to force it into turbo mode, though I did observe that it's perfectly happy to run cores a little over 3GHz from time to time without bothering to kill any of the others (hex core at 2.9, turbo should be tri core at 3.4). It's also interesting to note that this is occurring with no core ever going above about 90%, suggesting that the computer should have processing to spare, and given that the cpu is doing the physics, it is the bottleneck here, you shouldn't have a stuttering frame rate and the game time slowing down so the computer has more time to do math.

I still can't get the CPU to use it's turbo mode, where it drops 3 cores and ramps the other to 3.4GHz, but using AMD overdrive I can get all the processors at 2.9 (presumably, turbo could still activate I assume, especially since you can see some of the cores switching to a higher voltage for a moment). The effect is magical though, and the program runs exactly how you would expect a program not using the full power of the computer to run. Perfectly smooth and consistent frame rate, game time is real time, and everything is rainbows.

So I'm a little dismayed that the process of moving threads around and needing to change the clock multipliers on the cores seems to have some horrific performance impacts, and that the computer doesn't seem to be capable of recognizing that it's dropping the ball. Of course, I suppose if no core maxes, and the program doesn't yell at the CPU for being slow, from what it sees, everything is fine. That said, if you set the game to run on one core, it maxes out and still nothing happens. Maybe it's waiting for a sign from God, I'm not sure.

I'm also less than impressed with the GPU's ability to communicate it's status. It reports it's clock and temperature and fan speed, but it seems to be a total flake on processor load. I'm going to take a stab in the dark that if the clocks are both at maximum and the temperature is going up, the GPU load is probably not 0%. Pretty much it only reports load when it's not important, generally in the 15% to 60% range.