Today...

Leoo

australia deserves everything that's coming to it in the next 6 years

So many Liberal candidates and supporters are so butt-hurt right now. Liberal Democratic Party got a seat in the senate, and they say it's because they 'stole' Liberals name. Which is laughable given that a right-wing party has the most left-wing name possible. Annoyed that 2 majorly fringe groups are getting seats (AMEP, and that sport one.) The guy who is getting the seat for the AMEP is a unfit to serve as an elected member for the senate.

[spoiler=Warning a bit of NSFW language in this pic.]9FKo0K0.jpg

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Broke up with my girl friend. Things just weren't working out. Just chilling out now working on homework.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Yesterday changed everything from a pretty bad 2 weeks I've had.

Basically late August, my mother suffered a left hemisphere stroke whatever that means.

She lost a lot of speech and movement in the right side of the body and was in no pain.

It almost felt worse, because the lack of the option of verbal communication that I took for granted made me realise how important speech is, and how it's a process connecting the nervous system and the muscles in the mouth and throat working together.

Her brain was fine, it was just co-ordinating the muscles to get meaningful sound out which was the issue. She had a blood transfusion and is doing quite well. This is the 4th time she's been admitted to hospital since May, so understandably, she was getting frustrated with not being able to go to work off-on for having to stay in hospital. This time it was particularly frustrating to her because she wasn't in any pain, which is the normal signal that something is wrong in the body. She was basically sitting there absolutely fine, walking around, but not being able to speak. Must have been really annoying knowing exactly what you're thinking, and wanting to say but when speaking, the words turn to mush and no one understands you.

I would say I understood as little as 30% of what she was saying in the immediate aftermath, but now it's right up to about 96% and she came home yesterday after her release being postponed twice last week. Happy she's back.

I'm packing for University now, and if there was a bad time to be alone to sort things out, it's now.

I got my University timetable, I finish lectures at 5pm daily apart from Wednesdays and I'm free weekends.

I guess that's a positive if I get lie-ins pretty much every morning? :P

And yesterday I was awarded a £3000 scholarship for University, so yeah, my life has taken a dramatic turn for the better in the past 14 days. The £3000 is going towards my accomodation, and I only need to pay about £1000 for a reasonable sized en suite room (that would have been nearly £5000 and most of my student loan otherwise) in the lush green south side of campus. Very excited.

:D And I'm glad to say that.

• Like 4

I did a stupid. I asked my sister if she wanted black or white socks. She wanted black and I thought I want black too. I then pick up two packs of white socks and buy them. Brain, why did you do that?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Got through about half of Frankenstein today. Not as much as I needed to, but it will have to do. I like the part where the book has barely a passing resemblance to what I was led to believe was the plot (what little I have seen of the movie adaptations). I also can't tell if the book is not nearly as short as I thought, or if the 1930's english is causing me to slow down that much. If I have the time, I sort of want to finish it, but I also feel like it's going to get major depressing really fast and I'm really tired of every book I read for school being about people dying or being ostracized.

• Like 1

Wasn't Frankenstein written in the early 1800's?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I got a RPG kind of story. I went drinking with step-brother this past weekend and was bought drinks by some random cougar, later that same night I ended up at a house party full of 18 year olds where I was playing wing for my buddy, but turned out he was friend zoned, so the girl he was interested in was all over me that night. Kind of awkward, but I'm glad to know I can pull women of all ages in rural America.

• Like 1
tFtfA.jpg

Got through about half of Frankenstein today. Not as much as I needed to, but it will have to do. I like the part where the book has barely a passing resemblance to what I was led to believe was the plot (what little I have seen of the movie adaptations). I also can't tell if the book is not nearly as short as I thought, or if the 1930's english is causing me to slow down that much. If I have the time, I sort of want to finish it, but I also feel like it's going to get major depressing really fast and I'm really tired of every book I read for school being about people dying or being ostracized.

Yep, I found a little slow to I had to go back and read over sections to fully understand them. Plus the plot of the book revolves around the monster becoming 'human', which is completely different from portrayals of the monster in popular fiction.

• Like 1
rosssigfinal.jpg

Err yeah, wrong Century.

Had my first computer lab for my animated/game design course today. Using Scratch, which actually seems like a decent idea since the course focuses entirely on the game design elements, not programming. What makes less sense if having us in groups. It's not really a group work sort of thing, it's not like you can even work on it separately and come back like you could do with a larger computer program. That said, it's a first year course, and I could see the group work being more important to a group of first years perhaps just because anyone with programming experience has an immediate conceptual advantage.

It should work out alright though, and I think I am going to toy around with the program in my spare time if I can.

High level math course will kill me in highschool. Just spent an hour doing last night and tonight's homework and almost didn't finish...

In other news I purchased myself a Nexus 4.

An hour? That's it? God, I wish I could have done my Calc homework in an hour in high school.

In other news, I got into a facebook argument today that I didn't intend to, but it ended up being really civil and actually kind of fun, which is not what usually happens and was really nice.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

An hour? That's it? God, I wish I could have done my Calc homework in an hour in high school.

In other news, I got into a facebook argument today that I didn't intend to, but it ended up being really civil and actually kind of fun, which is not what usually happens and was really nice.

What facebook do you use and what happened to the real one?

I am only 5 days into school for the year. In grade 10.

So you were 10 when you joined TIF? God you're young.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Mine is 4Kg too and it wasn't that bad, did my college years with it. To hedgehog, could have to do with the bigger battery, I don't know but it's the heaviest part of my laptop, it's larger than a regular laptop battery.

I have had way too much to drink in the last two weeks. Let's just say university life hasn't been welcoming to my liver.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I've tracked down some of my first posts, and had to resist the urge to delete some of them. They are a testament to the fact that I would not get along with a younger version of myself, but also I suppose, that people do grow up. I wonder what the me that first joined the boards would think of the me making this post. Would I like or hate my future? Would I even believe that I was my future?

Did something a bit different last night. Listened to a podcast but out by David Wong and Jack O'Brien, Senior Editor and Editor in Chief of Cracked. It's a fairly big departure from their normal content I thought, very much a medium for them to talk seriously on the side, when they aren't writing fart jokes. Titled as "Why People Born after 1995 can't understand '1984'". I thought it was an interesting listen, to get a more indepth runthrough of the cultural shift that I missed much of.