Today...

Leoo

If you wake up after being mega drunk the previous night and you feel fine, it's usually because you are still drunk.

That's what I thought too, but the hangover didn't even come with a delay or anything, I've felt fine all day. And it wasn't because I'd drunk water before I went to bed because just the thought of drinking anything at that point made me sick.

Starting college at 16 isn't all that crazy.

Good on Blake for seeing it through, though. It looks to have paid off. Any plans to continue?

Isnt it 16 for the UK that most go to College opposed to 18 in the U.S? But in the U.S, that would be rare

Today is the first day of a week's holiday. A whole week with my kids and I don't have to go back to work until after labor day! :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Went up to my cousins for the day to take part in their yard sale, and also an opportunity for my parents to stash the stuff they didn't sell in my uncle's attic (wont need to pack the trailer next year, maybe). For me, that means a chance to see my closest cousins (that is, the only cousins close to me in age, being 2 and 4 years younger), which given the lack of seeing them back at easter, was quite awesome.

For bonus points, they are visiting another aunt tomorrow, so I will see them again, and again later on this week when we go have some fun on some zip lines, which all in all, means I'll probably see more of them in under a week than I normally see of them in a couple years. I'm actually pretty excited about it, because I've come to realize the last couple times that I have seen them that I don't really know them. I normally only see them for a few hours in a semi-formal setting, and while we get along and we talk, it's been a long time since I've had a day or two with them (actually, it's been a little over 9 years, counting back to the time when I spent a week staying in their house, though I only ever saw them on evenings).

I like that sexual tomfoolery with people met in party scenarios is "pulling an RPG" hahaha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

started college at 16

Wow, that's crazy. Why'd you do it?

My high school was pretty bad (2nd lowest in the state or something), and I wasn't getting challenged. Also, I didn't really care for the whole 'high school experience' thing, and I didn't have any lifelong friends that I would miss. Because of my stepdad's job, I went to a different school every two-ish years. My freshman year was at one high school, sophomore at another. Minnesota has a program where if you can apply and get accepted to a college, you can go there instead of high school. The credits would fufill your highschool credits, and obviously count for college too.

Starting college at 16 isn't all that crazy.

Good on Blake for seeing it through, though. It looks to have paid off. Any plans to continue?

I'd love to get a Masters, MBA, and PhD, but after I start full-time, Microsoft will pay for it :) So, I'll get them in a couple of years at the University of Washington.

2s0cxth.png

Blake is really good at life

Yes, yes he is. I wish I had his willpower.

Today I discovered my computer has a CDROM tray. Who knew.

On the subject of outdated(ing) technology...somebody rung the store I work at asking if he left credit card back there. He said it had a picture of a cassette on it and asked if I even knew what one looked like. Damnit, I'm not THAT young. :-?

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I still remember how excited I was when I got my first cassette player when I was 12. Dag I feel old...

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

c̶̡̢̼͇̮̩̭̟͡͞à̴̩͔̭͔̹͔̳͎̩̩̩̬̀s̵̤͚͙̤͉̮̯̣̀s̗̜̠̪͉̯͈̜̥̞͕̼̠̙̺͙͚͖̀e̵̡̧̺͚̟̫̫͚̘̻͓̗̼̺̝̰͎̞̖̦͚͘͜ṯ̶̥̹̩̯̬̪̙́͘͜ͅt҉̵̡̢̫̲̠͙̘̀ͅę̵̵̧͍̥̣͍̮̩̩̼̰̬̺̺͔͡

Just said goodbye to my girlfriend for the next 3 and a half months... heading to Minnesota tomorrow for college and will meet up with Blake by the end of the week. Damn.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Went Kayaking today with my cousins. Good fun. Sunscreen did it's job and stopped me from getting more burnt, though it doesn't entirely relieve the sensation of sun on burned skin. The burns are healing at a good pace too, possibly because I spent last evening trying to see how much aloe vera my skin can absorb, and I plan on repeating that. What I really want is a vat of the stuff, slightly warmed, like the Bacta Tank from star wars. On the upside, I've gained a considerable tan boost that should last for a while. Not really the idea way to get one, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, you people might just be a little crazy, and there are people who don't know what a cassette is because their parents are young enough that they never had them in the house, though I wouldn't expect their spawn to have really entered the workforce yet. I'm waiting for the day when people wonder where the phrase 'hand up the phone' comes from, once wall phones have ceased to be a thing for a while.

I was going to say I'd never heard the phrase "hand up the phone," before but then I realized you meant hang up. Now that I think about it, I never thought about the literal interpretation of that phrase until now. Interesting.