Today...

Leoo

Came back from Dour festival two days ago. Holy shit it was amazing and awesome. Pretty much all the artists I wanted to see didn't disappoint at all, and I had so much stamina for some reason making it possible for me to stay up each night without letting up. I've discovered hardcore punk shows are pretty damn great when I saw Deez Nuts and Anti-Flag, and finishing the weekend off was Infected Mushroom with an awesome DJ set. The only disappointment of the weekend was Snoop Dogg. Dude came on 15 mins late, played a 40 min set when he was supposed to play for almost double that, and on top of that half of his set didn't even consist of his own music. At one point he literally just let I Love Rock n Roll play while he did absolutely nothing, and 2 songs later he suddenly put on some Bob Marley, waved and left the stage. At least I can always cherish that other time I saw him and he wasn't completely shit. 

worked an 11 hour shift at the airport until 2:30am then slept in my car for less than 3 hours before having to go to my 5:30am shift. wooooo

[bleep] that.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

worked an 11 hour shift at the airport until 2:30am then slept in my car for less than 3 hours before having to go to my 5:30am shift. wooooo

[bleep] that.
And to make it even more fun, I have to go back in again today for an afternoon shift. Then another 5:30 shift tomorrow that I gotta wake up for at 4.

BUT i'm going to capitol hill block party this weekend so i'm stoked. particularly excited to see DIIV, flatbush zombies, deafheaven, jamie xx, and father john misty.

I fly from Israel to JFK tomorrow and then I got almost a 12 hour layover. Yay...

I remember when i was stuck on JFK for 3 hours. I thought that was bad. Everything was closed except for one store that sold sandwiches at like $10 each, and water was like $5 or something stupid. I remember there was a "Tonight show" or "Late night with" kind of show on TV with Charlize Theron as the guest.  Cold as shit outside. Every time i went out for a cigarette i near froze to death. 

I'm sure you'll be fine though. Depending on which airline you're flying with, i'd look into their guest/business lounges if i were you.

[bleep] that.
And to make it even more fun, I have to go back in again today for an afternoon shift. Then another 5:30 shift tomorrow that I gotta wake up for at 4.

BUT i'm going to capitol hill block party this weekend so i'm stoked. particularly excited to see DIIV, flatbush zombies, deafheaven, jamie xx, and father john misty.

Solid lineup.  I'm not all that big on flatbush zombies, I think they have huge potential but really need to work on a more interesting style of delivery.  That said, I'd definitely see them live if I was already there.  Everyone else on that list is great.  The only time I got to see deafheaven was pre sunbather and honestly they were garbage.  It was probably the crowd, they were the opening band for Loma Prieta and Converge and no one was too into it since there was still 3 hours of concert after them.

Everyone I know who's seen them since Sunbather came out have said they're awesome live so that's good.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

[bleep] that.

Solid lineup.  I'm not all that big on flatbush zombies, I think they have huge potential but really need to work on a more interesting style of delivery.  That said, I'd definitely see them live if I was already there.  Everyone else on that list is great.  The only time I got to see deafheaven was pre sunbather and honestly they were garbage.  It was probably the crowd, they were the opening band for Loma Prieta and Converge and no one was too into it since there was still 3 hours of concert after them.

Everyone I know who's seen them since Sunbather came out have said they're awesome live so that's good.

Yeah I haven't listened to anything of Deafheaven's except Sunbather, which I definitely enjoyed. I can imagine it might all get a bit same-y sounding after a while though since it's a 45 minute set (not too long, but still, it's a summer block party lol).

Interesting that you aren't big on Flatbush because of their delivery, I think that having 3 different rappers in the group adds really good variety to their delivery. Juice is definitely the standout though, I think Meechy and Erick are just very alright. All this being said, I haven't really listened to any of their newer stuff at all, so maybe what I'm saying doesn't apply to that.

Oh yeah, also stoked for Unknown Mortal Orchestra and BADBADNOTGOOD. Will check out Shabazz Palaces too but they're 2deep4me i think

Doctor gave me a call today and informed me that I need keyhole surgery for that dislocated shoulder I got. Not sure if I should tell the Australian army without being transferred to doing dishes or something. 

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice

Australia has a base in UAE?

They have a modest outpost located outside of Dubai. However, I live back in Australia now. I should probably update my profile. haha  

irs.png

imperatorrssig.png

In all seriousness washing dishes probably puts some stress on your shoulders too, doesn't it? Or at least on one of them.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

In all seriousness washing dishes probably puts some stress on your shoulders too, doesn't it? Or at least on one of them.

Haha indeed it would, I believe this spells that I should withhold my application until my shoulder comes back to speed (6, 12 months) which is a pain in the bud for me. If I went threw with the application process now and told them about my shoulder surgery. I'd probably be put in Class 3 - 4 and transferred to become a chief or something. :( (I want to become an artilleryman). 

irs.png

imperatorrssig.png

Been watching a lot of the Pan Am games, starting about halfway through once I was able to remember they were happening. I can say that I am enjoying wrestling and basketball more than I used to, having watched a lot more of both sports (since nothing else was being covered at the time). Extremely displeased with the CBC coverage of the games though, particularly in regards to the limited streaming they are doing (they don't stream all the events, only some of them).

Also, my Provincial Government is looking at a public private partnership (basically privatization) of the motor, land, and something registries. Their reasoning being that it would cost 30 million to implement required technical upgrades, and by giving that cost to the private sector, it would make the registries more sustainable. This is very understandable, since the registries combined only bring in more than 50 million dollars a year in profit. What is actually happening is that they want to balance the budget and avoid taking out any loans whatsoever, because economic recovery is the best time to pay off all your debts.

In other news, the city council has been getting pretty irate about the fact that it's almost August and there are still major roads with faded and missing lane lines and arrows, which is something that just about everyone with a car has been upset about for a while now. The workers then kindly pointed out that city council has cut the number of staff they hire, increased their paperwork workload, and burdened them with additional other duties, and that the city has line painting equipment that isn't being touched because we aren't hiring enough staff.

That...that might be your problem there city council. Hiring people to run the line painting equipment would be helpful.

I am enjoying summer though, though we've had a week of cold and cloudy now without any rain, which we desperately need. Never though the Maritimes would have too little rain in July, but there you have it :lol:

I cant wait for my first paycheck at this new job to justify how frustrating the language barrier is

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

[bleep] that.

Jamie XX is amazing live, saw him at Coachella. 

tFtfA.jpg

RPG, what language barrier?

Today, 3 more cows were shot. Our previous record was 2 cows during the whole summer and most summers we've had none shot here.

Insane.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc