Today...

Leoo

As far as work I've been able to get software jobs when I was grossly under qualified before I was even going to university because i can talk :lol:.  As far as work goes follow something that interests you that isn't where most people are going and make sure that you devote enough time to be good at it. 

I've known guys who set up a bot farm on [a popular free mmo that most of us have heard of] and developed their database knowledge, client-server knowledge, programming knowledge enough to land themselves pretty decent jobs. But then again they spent 12 hours a day programming for a year to get there.

I could probably do the job I have now with just the experience I got from [bleep]ing around with web dev projects while playing rs

So Skype's application version (which I don't like anyway - I prefer a regular sized window) is dropping support tomorrow. I got the Skype for Desktop version and it seems it deleted half my contacts? They're showing up as question marks and no information...bloody hell, Microsoft. Has anyone had a similar experience or know anyway to fix it other than re-requesting everyone?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

My buddy's monthly bar event made top post/front page of reddit so that was cool. You can find me in the album the post originated from if you try hard enough. Philly representttt

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My rough untechnical guess is that if your contacts are reading as ?s, Skype is reading your list of contacts from a file on your machine that contains a bunch of dead links? Maybe try digging for it and see if you can fix it? 

Also happy late-late 4th of July my fellow Americans. I spent the day drinking on the beach before heading to a bar with a bunch of babes, cause Merica'.  

tFtfA.jpg

Not all of them, just some. And hmm I have no idea where to find said file. I'll try searching later.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I would imagine if it exists, it'd be in some core directory that contains your user profile data. I would try to poke around myself and be more specific for what to look for but 1. I'm on a Mac and 2. I no longer have Skype, but in all honesty it's probably faster to just re-request friends. 

tFtfA.jpg

Well, I told it to make a backup of contacts and poof everything restored itself. So now I'm happy :-D.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Got the job, $400/wk starting next Wednesday :)

• Like 1

Having a fun summer so far. One machine gun down, one to go. Then a weekend off/home and off the the range for a bit over a week. Should be a fun time with lots of rounds to use.

I haven't posted in a while. I'm currently in Israel. Had a group trip here and now I'm just extending to see family. I found out last night that some of my ancestors were expelled from Spain in 1492 during in the inquisition. Thought it was really cool.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I haven't posted in a while. I'm currently in Israel. Had a group trip here and now I'm just extending to see family. I found out last night that some of my ancestors were expelled from Spain in 1492 during in the inquisition. Thought it was really cool.

Well my ancestors on my father's side came from France as mercenaries to fight in the American Revolution and as a result were awarded land in what is now West Virginia. And my Oma (grandmother) swears her family had ties to a criminal organization in Germany pre-WWII (not related to Nazis, good thing!). Beat that!

ozXHe7P.png

Mine were part of the polish resistance as far as my grandmoms side. My granddads side came over (to America) when Russia started going to shit at the turn of the 20th century and then he fought in Wwii for the american army, and liberated dechau. So there :p

Mine were part of the polish resistance as far as my grandmoms side. My granddads side came over (to America) when Russia started going to shit at the turn of the 20th century and then he fought in Wwii for the american army, and liberated dechau. So there :P

My grandmother's uncle (I believe, it was a while since I last heard the story) was killed by the Nazis in front of her and her family when he refused to fight for them. He was, if I remember correctly, a great pilot. YEA MY FAMILY REBELLED AGAINST THE NAZIS ON THEIR TURF AND DIDN'T GET BRAINWASHED. BOOYAH.

Also if the American Revolutionaries had lost (and they would've most likely without the French, including my ancestors), there would have been no World War II as we know it. Thus, the American Revolution is more important. QED.

ozXHe7P.png