Today...

Leoo

Feeling great because I finally know when I'm going home!

Just have to wait for the go ahead from my mum and then I can book my flight home.

It looks like it'll be a lot cheaper going home than it was flying out here.

My exam timetable came out and they're keeping me here until the bitter end.

I finish on the 29th of April but at least it's the same day as my housemate.

I just can't wait to see my family and good friends and hopefully just rebuild myself emotionally because it's been pretty crazy with my emotions out here

I was going to make the same 90s comment but then I realized the "Loved to Colorado" was a type-o and meant to be Moved*

Can we appreciate that I was drunk enough to only remember making one of those posts, and I only made 1 typo

All but accepted an internship with a scam company as a recruiting assistant. I doubt it pays but at least it's not a kitchen

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

All but accepted an internship with a scam company as a recruiting assistant. I doubt it pays but at least it's not a kitchen

Does this mean you'll be recruiting people for the position of poser Nigerian prince then?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I was going to make the same 90s comment but then I realized the "Loved to Colorado" was a type-o and meant to be Moved*

Can we appreciate that I was drunk enough to only remember making one of those posts, and I only made 1 typo

Not to take anything away from your accomplishment, but I've never gotten people who can't type while drunk. Maybe I'm just not getting drunk enough (possible), but for me, while the message itself might become incoherent, and typing might take a bit longer, the words are typically the words I intended to write at the time, and spelled correctly.

You guys just never see it, because there are two things I will not do while drunk: I won't drive, and I won't post things on the internet. Respect the permanency of the internet, and the high probability of drunk people making regrettable decisions. On a side note, I lament the proliferation of smartphone cameras for this reason. I managed to make it almost all the way through school before it became all but guaranteed that if you did something embarrassing, someone would have a record of it. Somethings were just more fun when you knew that, everyone who was there notwithstanding, you were assured of future deniable plausibility.

Anyway, I've always found it to be a useful exercise to pre-make a few decisions ahead of time, like the aforementioned not driving or posting things on the internet, and any other important things I anticipate coming up. It's worked pretty well so far.

Communicating via the internet while drunk isn't the worry of misspelling a word, it's the lack of filter of thoughts and ideas. The visual errors are whatever, they come from the lack of proofreading the brains ability to autocorrect/interpret minor misspellings. 

tFtfA.jpg

Communicating via the internet while drunk isn't the worry of misspelling a word, it's the lack of filter of thoughts and ideas. The visual errors are whatever, they come from the lack of proofreading the brains ability to autocorrect/interpret minor misspellings. 

I can usually tell how drunk I was the night before by checking how incoherent my reddit posts are in the morning.

I'm actually concerned about last night though, usually when I drink that much I'm borderline blackout. Last night I felt like I had 5 or 6 beers.

I set off on an adventure around Ontario.

Might squeeze in a trip to Washington dc in late March as well. I love travelling so much. Only thing is the thought of waiting for five years at the USA border control again makes me feel ill.

My dumb ass broke the glass globe on the ceiling fan in the family room today.... Stupidity comes at a price, about $50 in this case.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

New found respect for Canadians.

Wtf is this weather.

What the actual [bleep].

So I was caught in a snowstorm and snow squalls for 2 hours and I couldn't see a single thing and the bus driver just kept on driving and I was so bloody scared.

I didn't even contact my mum because I knew her type of panicking is even worse than my type of panicking which is pretty bad as it stands.

So wow, the driver didn't tell us where we were or where we were going it was horrible.

I just said honestly just let me get out, I'll find a hotel, I don't even care anymore I just want to be safe lol.

Guy doesn't listen, just drives and drives even though road after road is closed and police are everywhere. I kept being unsure of whether I'd get to my destination or whether I'd just need to stay in a motel for a night or something. I wasn't bothered about staying in a motel honestly, but he said he'd drive us to the motel. Another 40 minutes and we get to where I was meant to be going in the first place.

Get there, call a taxi, I got to the place I'm staying - the lady who lives here is kinda kooky, I think she's a medium or psychic and says she "changes the energy" whenever a guest leaves, whatever that means. Anyway, she sells weed and has 3 creepy cats. The decor in her house is much nicer than the decor in the house that I stayed at in Toronto.

She seems nice enough, hopefully I sleep well.

Man, yesterday was crazy. Was at a live for a young up and coming artist. Venue was absolutely sold out, people were left waiting at the door, as there would have been too many people and too uncomfortable.

But the dude really brought the public to live. Made chanting competitions between halves of the hall, invited people up to play drums for him, got everyone to jump and shout along. Even got me waving around with my crutches.

Film crews were present, the live was recorded to be the official video to be sent to event managers to get him booked on large festivals.

In other news, my knee absolutely swole up to be like a balloon. And just yesterday my physio told me to stay horizontal and lay a bit off the exercises, cause the knee is too swollen still and can't handle it.

But, next week I can finally get rid of one of the crutches!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Why would one crutch be better than 2?

I think we're getting some of that snow now on the east coast. It's pretty light, made for an interesting drive to the grocery store. I've decided that my cars cruise control is a bit of a liability during turns. It's great in a straight line, but if both wheel brake free in a turn, it kills the throttle, and I really don't like that. Fortunately it's easy to switch on and off.

Finally getting around to watching some youth Olympics coverage, though I meant to catch it earlier in the day. Didn't even know the youth olympics were a thing until recently, they really don't seem to hype it up at all, which also means a lot of the coverage is going to be highlights, rather than dedicated streams for each sport (if I want commentary at least). Ah well, it's a pleasant surprise either way, and something to enjoy.

Nah, that was just snow that looked bad not actually snow, snow.

Went to a motorcycle show today and that was a bust. Terrible compared to other years with a lot less vendors and missing at least 1 notable brand in that Suzuki wasn't there. Found at least a couple of nice bikes but think I'll be sticking to mine for now. Definitely thinking about an FZ-07 when I need to get my next bike though.

With one crutch I can at least carry something in one hand. Right now I can't carry anything.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Over the past few months i've slowly been losing interest in the whole pilot career thing. I don't know what it is, but i just don't find this process enjoyable anymore. I've been having a ought time studying for my exams because i have no motivation. Despite all the money that's gone into all of it, i really think that after this month i'm going to give it up. It was really fun in the start because it was a new experience in a new place, with new people, etc. But now it's just me doing it, by myself, and it's not fun anymore. I've been studying for exams for the past 17 or 18 months and to be honest i've learned very little. I've learned how to choose the correct option from 4 possibilities. That's it. I'm kind of scared to tell my dad though, because he's the one that made the initial (and biggest) contribution to this. He's not going to be very happy, but i think that's one of the reasons i've been putting it off for so long. I am kind of afraid of disappointing him, as stupid as that sounds.

Problem is i have no other form of qualification or tertiary education, and while it isn't an issue at the moment, i can't ensure that it never will be. Finding a job on pure experience is just as hard as finding a job with a degree but no experience. So i am thinking about doing some sort of fast, easy business degree online just for now. Just so i have something to go with my current experience. I can't afford to do anything apart from part-time studying because i have a demanding job already. My flight for Greece leaves in about 10 hours, and then i have till the 20th to think about things.

Also thinking about learning Arabic on the side, just to open a few more doors for myself.  

I figure with the job you already have you'd be happy just pursuing that further. Maybe one day you'll pick up interest in flying again,at least you've already gotten pretty far in the process

Actually not really. It's kin d of an "all or nothing" kind of thing at the moment. 18 months to complete 14 exams. If you don't complete them within the 18 months you need to start all 14 again. You also only have 6 sittings, meaning you have to write all 18 within 6 sittings. This coming week will probably dictate how i proceed. So if i do decide to do it some point in the future, i'l pretty much starting from just beyond the starting line. 

I'd just finish the tests now since you seem to be pretty far along. Then even if you don't want to fly you've done it and it's there. That is assuming you are far along, thinking over halfway.

My predicament is kinda funny.

Don't ask why I'm doing this but I'm staying in a psychic's house for a week. I don't believe in psychics or anything like that but she's a nice person. She comes from Detroit and she's divorced and her whole family moved out of her house. She lives with three cats and seems to really love my company. We just watch films in the evening and talk in the day. I think everybody thinks I'm crazy for doing this but it's making me happy keeping this woman company. It makes me sad that some people are so lonely. We ordered a pizza for valentines day and chatted by the fire. It was pretty nice.

• Like 2