Today...

Leoo

Decided to buy a PS4 today. Friend of mine recently got a PS4 and has been enjoying Destiny a lot, so i decided to get it to have someone to play Destiny with. Think i might finally buy Bloodborne as well. Never really gave it much of a chance before since i only played it for a short time when a mate left his PS4 at my house. Gotta admit, i think i like the general feel and UI of the PS a bit more than Xbox.

I doubt you can even point out Germany and France.

Or anything Middle-East.

Why are you so mean to the Americans here, lol?

It's not very nice to be that condescending (it doesn't really look like a joke, but if I'm wrong then I apologise) - are you going to be like that when you go travelling?

Friday night exams woo (better than Saturday night I guess) on Human Physiology

Bad headache and I'm pretty mad at my bank for not giving me access to my bank account since my card was stolen a whole month ago.

It doesn't even register as mean to me. It just seems like little brother syndrome
  • Like 1

I did one of those fill in the countries online quizzes with my girlfriend like 2 months ago.  I'll admit, it was more difficult than I would have expected.  Most of Eastern Europe is a bit of a blur for me.  I do however know exactly where Estonia is though.

Every American child over the age of 12ish should be able to find Germany and France on a map though.  The world wars are a huge part of history curriculum for late middle school and early high school, at least where I went to school.  Even American History specific classes very heavily focus on it.  

I don't think Americans are necessarily any more ignorant than citizens of other countries, we are simply more removed from it.  It's less of a pressing issue.  For example, knowing the general location of Estonia isn't an unreasonable expectation for an American, but being able to look at a map and differentiate it from Latvia or Lithuania is essentially useless.

That said, I don't think American education is by any means infallible.  We could do with a wider world view being taught in school.

• Like 3

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I doubt you can even point out Germany and France.

Or anything Middle-East.

Why are you so mean to the Americans here, lol?

It's not very nice to be that condescending (it doesn't really look like a joke, but if I'm wrong then I apologise) - are you going to be like that when you go travelling?

Friday night exams woo (better than Saturday night I guess) on Human Physiology

Bad headache and I'm pretty mad at my bank for not giving me access to my bank account since my card was stolen a whole month ago.

It doesn't even register as mean to me. It just seems like little brother syndrome

It does come off that way sometimes. Others I think it just might actually be his disposition. It's weird bc we very rarely call out estonia

• Like 1

No no guys you don't understand, Saq is Estonian. He's like a half step from antisemitism and a step and a half from "death to america" :p

Also today is mine and hedgehogs birthday. I'll be drinking. Maybe hedgehog will post too

• Like 5

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Decided to buy a PS4 today. Friend of mine recently got a PS4 and has been enjoying Destiny a lot, so i decided to get it to have someone to play Destiny with. Think i might finally buy Bloodborne as well. Never really gave it much of a chance before since i only played it for a short time when a mate left his PS4 at my house. Gotta admit, i think i like the general feel and UI of the PS a bit more than Xbox.

I hear BO3 is a must buy :) 

I think the OnePlus is the best buy for your $$ or just buy something used off eBay. https://oneplus.net/x

tFtfA.jpg

I think the OnePlus is the best buy for your $$ or just buy something used off eBay. https://oneplus.net/x

I already have BO3 on Xbox One. It's alright, but i kinda lose interest in it really fast. CoD just isn't as captivating as it was a few years ago.

Happy birthday, rpg!

And yeah I'm going drinking too :p

Happy birthday hedgehog and rpg.

Hope you've had a great day!

I want to drink but I can't bring myself to move at the moment

I already have BO3 on Xbox One. It's alright, but i kinda lose interest in it really fast. CoD just isn't as captivating as it was a few years ago.

I think that because the development cycle was limited to 2 years for each studio there wasn't a lot of time to innovate the series, now that Activision has tapped in Sledgehammer as the 3rd studio developing a COD title, I think each succeeding COD title will start to show more innovation and hopefully be able to recapture the excitement of the earlier titles. BO3/Treyarch were the first to be given 3 years of development and it shows through the wealth of content that was available at ship. 

I also think there is going to be a increasingly larger focus on eSports going forward.

tFtfA.jpg

I think that because the development cycle was limited to 2 years for each studio there wasn't a lot of time to innovate the series, now that Activision has tapped in Sledgehammer as the 3rd studio developing a COD title, I think each succeeding COD title will start to show more innovation and hopefully be able to recapture the excitement of the earlier titles. BO3/Treyarch were the first to be given 3 years of development and it shows through the wealth of content that was available at ship. 

I also think there is going to be a increasingly larger focus on eSports going forward.

It's a double-edged sword though. For 2 reasons as well. Firstly, the way the development cycle works, even in the past, actually has sort of a negative affect on the next developers. Sledgehammer came out with AW and the advanced movement and whatever. I assume they thought it would be a lot more successful than it really was. By the time the game was released, i'm sure Treyarc was already deep into development already. Then, after a few weeks/months when the honey-moon phase wore off and people started getting their own more rational opinions about the game, they realised they didn't like it as much as they initially thought they did. By this time it was too late for Treyarc to abandon the "advanced movement" and i guess they just decided to tone it down as much as they could. Instead of sticking to their guns and making something similar to BO2, they decided to make something similar to AW, and eventually had to settle for something in between. As a result you now have a game that's "not nearly as good as BO2, but at least it's not as bad as AW/Ghosts". That's still not a very positive review if you ask me. And now, with a 3 year cycle, the game will be 2 years into development before they really know what the public wants different. Unless a developer complete ignores what the previous developer is doing, and does his own thing. I think the only thing a 3 year cycle might ensure is a smoother game with fewer glitches/bugs, but even then that's probably not going to be true. 

As for the eSports side of things... Well i don't know how much you follow it, but CoD has seen a slight increase in traffic since they switched from MLG.tv to Twitch, but i wouldn't call it anything significant. The real problem however is that the more people watch competitive, the more competitive the game will become. This is probably going to push away a large portion of casual players who no longer enjoy dying 80 times a game, to players who sweat G-Fuel and play like they're getting paid to play. There's a reason skill-based matchmaking was/is such a hated thing. I know a lot of the people i used to play with quit for that very reason. They got tired of playing against people who were either just as good as them, or much better. Additionally, i don't think CoD will ever really grow as big as say CS or LoL, because it's on console. But i also don't think switching to PC is a good idea either, because completely kill the scene. Players who are currently the best probably won't be the best on PC. In fact, i'm pretty sure they'll be average. And a big reason people enjoy watching CoD is because of their favorite players.

I don't think CoD needs innovation. I just think the game has really run its course, and reached its peak. People always get nostalgic about CoD4 and MW2, but that's only because back then the game was still very fresh. Basically a new concept. I can almost assure you that if they release a more "boots on the ground" game like everyone is always begging for, the sales might be very good, but online activity won't be. Not after the first few weeks anyway. People will buy it because they'll want to "relive" the glory days, but they'll soon realise it's just another CoD game and the ones who aren't sweating each game will stop playing, or only play now and then. Just like it is now. There's a reason Supply Drops became available for purchase, and there's a reason they're here to stay. I know that sales numbers might prove otherwise, but those sales numbers are very deceiving because it doesn't take into account how many of the people who buy the game actually play online. I remember reading something last year that mentioned something like only 19% (or it might have been 32%) of the people who buy CoD play it online. With a game like CoD that's really meant for the multi-player, those are the numbers you need to be looking at. And judging by the fact that they removed the "Players Online" display from the main menu, i can only imagine that it's not a good number. I don't think CoD is really dying by any means, i just think it's kind of stagnant and really won't see much growth. People who want to watch a serious FPS eSport will watch CS, and people who want to play a casual FPS will play CoD until they get tired of getting destroyed every game. 

EDIT: Sorry for the text wall. 

I see my last post absolutely succeeded.

I can point out general location of pretty much all the states, since I have checked on it a few times.

But if you guys start asking states, then I should start asking the states of Germany for example (I had to study them in German classes).

That kind of ignorance and/or selfishness is what proves my points.

And the fact that America is pretty much the only country that has spent nearly all of 20th and 21st century mixed up in some kind of a war.

But even most Estonians would have trouble getting all European countries in place, especially since there are so many of them on the Balkan.

Count in the "sovereign republics" like Transnistria, Crimea, South Ossetia, things get really messed up.

I admire America and Americans in some ways. Yet in others I completely loathe them.

I've been to the States and wiill come to Canada this summer, and the only continents I haven't visited are South America, Australia and Antarctica.

I have lived more summers abroad than I have in my own homeland, which might explain why I might seem specially patriotic.

However, I think it is kinda funny you call me anti-semitic.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I think we are slowly but surely moving back to Feudalism, starting from the States, only that instead of nobles we have banks this time around.

They own everything and everyone, and it is specially getting more scary with all kinds of streaming and subscription services.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I leave for downtown in 10 minutes. My friend who I'm meant to be going out with hasn't shown up yet but I'm determined to go.

I've started drinking and I'm feeling woozy, I hope this is a good night lol

It's a double-edged sword though. For 2 reasons as well. Firstly, the way the development cycle works, even in the past, actually has sort of a negative affect on the next developers. Sledgehammer came out with AW and the advanced movement and whatever. I assume they thought it would be a lot more successful than it really was. By the time the game was released, i'm sure Treyarc was already deep into development already. Then, after a few weeks/months when the honey-moon phase wore off and people started getting their own more rational opinions about the game, they realised they didn't like it as much as they initially thought they did. By this time it was too late for Treyarc to abandon the "advanced movement" and i guess they just decided to tone it down as much as they could. Instead of sticking to their guns and making something similar to BO2, they decided to make something similar to AW, and eventually had to settle for something in between. As a result you now have a game that's "not nearly as good as BO2, but at least it's not as bad as AW/Ghosts". That's still not a very positive review if you ask me. And now, with a 3 year cycle, the game will be 2 years into development before they really know what the public wants different. Unless a developer complete ignores what the previous developer is doing, and does his own thing. I think the only thing a 3 year cycle might ensure is a smoother game with fewer glitches/bugs, but even then that's probably not going to be true. 

As for the eSports side of things... Well i don't know how much you follow it, but CoD has seen a slight increase in traffic since they switched from MLG.tv to Twitch, but i wouldn't call it anything significant. The real problem however is that the more people watch competitive, the more competitive the game will become. This is probably going to push away a large portion of casual players who no longer enjoy dying 80 times a game, to players who sweat G-Fuel and play like they're getting paid to play. There's a reason skill-based matchmaking was/is such a hated thing. I know a lot of the people i used to play with quit for that very reason. They got tired of playing against people who were either just as good as them, or much better. Additionally, i don't think CoD will ever really grow as big as say CS or LoL, because it's on console. But i also don't think switching to PC is a good idea either, because completely kill the scene. Players who are currently the best probably won't be the best on PC. In fact, i'm pretty sure they'll be average. And a big reason people enjoy watching CoD is because of their favorite players.

I don't think CoD needs innovation. I just think the game has really run its course, and reached its peak. People always get nostalgic about CoD4 and MW2, but that's only because back then the game was still very fresh. Basically a new concept. I can almost assure you that if they release a more "boots on the ground" game like everyone is always begging for, the sales might be very good, but online activity won't be. Not after the first few weeks anyway. People will buy it because they'll want to "relive" the glory days, but they'll soon realise it's just another CoD game and the ones who aren't sweating each game will stop playing, or only play now and then. Just like it is now. There's a reason Supply Drops became available for purchase, and there's a reason they're here to stay. I know that sales numbers might prove otherwise, but those sales numbers are very deceiving because it doesn't take into account how many of the people who buy the game actually play online. I remember reading something last year that mentioned something like only 19% (or it might have been 32%) of the people who buy CoD play it online. With a game like CoD that's really meant for the multi-player, those are the numbers you need to be looking at. And judging by the fact that they removed the "Players Online" display from the main menu, i can only imagine that it's not a good number. I don't think CoD is really dying by any means, i just think it's kind of stagnant and really won't see much growth. People who want to watch a serious FPS eSport will watch CS, and people who want to play a casual FPS will play CoD until they get tired of getting destroyed every game. 

Activision bought MLG for like $50 million, so they're going to look to get their studios to make eSport options in their multiplayer. You can blame Activision also for the in-game purchases too, they've started to do it with all their console games. I heard a whisper that Infinity Ward's next COD is going to be something new, but I can't even remember the source so.. don't trust me lol. Also I believe Treyarch is working on a new series, I believe the Black Ops series is over. 

tFtfA.jpg

Activision bought MLG for like $50 million, so they're going to look to get their studios to make eSport options in their multiplayer. You can blame Activision also for the in-game purchases too, they've started to do it with all their console games. I heard a whisper that Infinity Ward's next COD is going to be something new, but I can't even remember the source so.. don't trust me lol. Also I believe Treyarch is working on a new series, I believe the Black Ops series is over. 

This is highly speculative, but i think CoD might be returning to the WW2 era, or at least something based on that type of game. Apparently AW added the M1 Garand recently, which some people believe might be a hint towards what they might already be working on. I also heard a rumor that IW is working on a game based on that style/era. It's good and bad. Like i previously mentioned, people always refer to CoD4 and to some degree MW2 as being the best CoD games in history. But i think that's purely because of nostalgia. Those games with today's players are probably just as likely to be as infuriating and as bad as the current games. Additionally, i think it's going to be a tough transition going from the fast paced/movement based games we currently have, to a much slower game with no "advanced movement". 

I'd actually say China has much more of an influence over us than USA.

Pretty much everything is made there, and I think we even export more to China than to USA. Probably not in value, but definitely in volume.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I'd actually say China has much more of an influence over us than USA.

Pretty much everything is made there, and I think we even export more to China than to USA. Probably not in value, but definitely in volume.

I don't disagree. But certainly less influence over you than Russia, which is why you learn about Russian states in school and not Chinese states, and while you know American states you probably couldn't point where Nebraska is on a map and thats okay. 

Its the exact same reason why most Americans are ignorant about countries in the baltic region, whereas I can tell you most Canadian states and a lot of Mexican ones

"Canadian states"  :(  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :angry: