Today...

Leoo

I think we just about hit the $40k mark. For the whole 5-member family. While 3-4 of us are working 3 months in Norway. I'd say we are about middle-class here.

Had a friend stay in South Africa for over half a year. Stayed a friend's place (white guy). The guy was telling how he was the lower middle-class and so poor. Didn't know anyone poorer than him.

At the same time, my friend could not even take her own dishes off the table (servants were for that). The guy had never washed his own dishes.

Wealth disparity is insane there. (and everywhere really)

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Oh okay so because you know a person he knows a person in South Africa you're able to form an educated opinion? Cool. Well i met this one Estonian guy at a bar once and we talked about it for like 2 minutes while i was waiting for my drink.  He was a complete pompous "know it all" ass. It can only leave me to believe that he's the typical Estonian. 

Like seriously, the things you say sometimes.

Lower middle-class families in South Africa WILL NOT have maids. Majority of the kids in my class were from lower middle-class households and only a handful of them actually had maids, and they weren't "full time". They'd come in once or twice a week to clean and that's it. The only people i knew with fulltime/live-in maids were people from upper middle-class families. 

But yeah, you obviously know more about South Africa than someone who grew up there and lived there for 16 years. So i'm probably just full of shit.

At current exchange rates, i don't think my parents earned anywhere near $40k a year the last few years we lived in South Africa. Think for like a 2 year period when we were really struggling it was closer to something like $15k lol. Now collectively as a family (well, before i quit my job) i think we were probably close to $50k a month lol. We've come a long way.

Bought some more rolling stock for my model railway woo

I got a chuckle out of the timing on this one ^.^

Seriously though, I love trains, so  :thumbsup:

I have to ask though. Are they model diesels or steam engines? There is no wrong answer but if you say steam engines you get virtual cookies and I high five my monitor.

In order to try and combat the information overload, I made a spreadsheet of all of my Pokemon in PoGo and calculated their various DPS's, so I could figure out who was worth powering up and who I should not.

4 hours later and I still can't decide if it's worth powering up the highest dpsers or not -.-

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Hmm, I remember Noxx posting something about earning more in six months than an average American in a year... US median income, according to wikipedia is currently $41k. In here, €9,5k. Granted, for the States it is probably before taxes, here the stat is after taxes.

I don't know a single person anywhere here who had something even remotely resembling a maid, not even part-time for cleaning. And I did go to one of the best high schools in the country.

As I said, the wealth disparity is huge there.

Also, telling people how poor they are and then flaunting with new BMW M3's is quite of a paradigm, isn't it?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Are gyms still the only PvP in pogo?

Yeah. There's an update to the gyms coming soonish, but even then I doubt player vs player will be a thing.

They still haven't added trading, so...

Today I went to church, and played too much League of Legends that I'm completely burnt out and will be taking a break for a while.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Bought some more rolling stock for my model railway woo

I got a chuckle out of the timing on this one ^.^

Seriously though, I love trains, so  :thumbsup:

I have to ask though. Are they model diesels or steam engines? There is no wrong answer but if you say steam engines you get virtual cookies and I high five my monitor.

We have a mix of mostly german and dutch trains, a few diesels, electric and steam loco's, we have mostly H0, but also some N, 1 and Z scale. we actually just got a Marklin BR 24 in! lovely little machine

0wwKqtU.jpg

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

My girlfriend and I mutually agreed that neither of us are happy with our relationship, so that was a fun conversation and then I went to visit my grandmother with late stage Parkinson's. So basically I'm glad this weekend is over.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Trying to edit a video, and my computer hates loading files from the hdd instead of the ssd, so previewing anything takes 20 minutes, plus all the recordings have weird speedup/slowdown issues despite the recording software having come with the graphics card. Between this kind of thing and windows 10, I'm more frustrated with this computer than with my 7-year-old laptop which barely runs, and I hate it.

Don't build your own computer, kids.

We have a mix of mostly german and dutch trains, a few diesels, electric and steam loco's, we have mostly H0, but also some N, 1 and Z scale. we actually just got a Marklin BR 24 in! lovely little machine

That's enough, I high fived my laptop and you can have a virtual cookie :)

• Like 1

Love that it only takes me like 2 minutes to get through security/passport control at the airport now. Last week when i flew to Greece i skipped all the lines, and when i came back yesterday same thing. Not a lot of people know about the e-gate yet, so it's literally just like me and 1 or 2 other people every time i've used it so far. It's so much better. That used to be the worst part of flying for me, coming back and having to stand in line at least an hour because of all the people there. It's kind of weird that it hasn't caught on yet. Been able to use e-gate for over a year now, and i still never see people use it.

That's enough, I high fived my laptop and you can have a virtual cookie :)

Plot twist: Little did they know, it was a tracking cookie spying on them...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

A patch I submitted to an open source project was accepted!

I'm proud. 8)

Nice work!

Today I played some League of Legends, cleaned my apartment, and worked out... And ate too much food... Too much T.T.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Facebook is great. Got on my hometown's page and scored literal limitless firewood for the season for free, then got a bunch of offers for League Soccer play because I need to get my ass some exercise. Also cleaned my kitchen, tv room and made dinner for the week. Productive ass day.

My roommate woke up around noon and has been playing overwatch for the past 8 hours in his "pjs".

Ugh

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I wrote a DSL to match GUI elements extracted from OpenGL state. The DSL produces a "parser tree" that operates on a stream of GUI elements. It supports functionality including back-tracking.

And best of all? It works!

This matches a ribbon menu:

[hide]

ribbon: {
	.background: image panel-background;
	.border: repeat image panel-border;
	.buttons[]: {
		{
			size 32 32;
			size 30 37;
		} any;

.icon: image *;
	};

optional {
		.customize-button: widget button[customize-ribbon-button];
		.lock-button: widget button[lock-button];
	};
};
[/hide]

And now I'm making carrot cake.

ozXHe7P.png

I want to match existing UI elements so I can graphically customize them. For example, changing colors or icons. (No layout changes, though.)

For example, the above snippet matches the "ribbon menu" in RuneScape. I created a tool that allows me to assign resources names and tags (like "panel-border").

I'm going to do a write-up when I finish... It's all very interesting stuff.

ozXHe7P.png

So over the past few weeks I've been doing some of that deep thinking that people are always on about, from this I think I've finally figured out that I actually want to become a Doctor. Only issue is I've dug myself into a bit of a bind so that might end up being placed on hold for a bit depending on how the next ~2-3 weeks go in regards to a lot of things. At the same time its kind of nice to now have this kind of overarching end goal in sight and know where I want to end up regardless of what happens.

• Like 1