Today...

Leoo

I wish I had 2 cars.

Also, we're in Norway and the whole cabin vent stopped working on our car, along with A/C and heater. And within the 4-day trip of best Norway has to offer we got temperatures from 2 to 28 degrees Celsius...

Otherwise it was okay, you could handle with opening windows and stuff, but when it started to fog up inside we were screwed.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

So you don't have a cable or something on hand to plug your car to her car and start it...? I thought that was relatively easy.

Can also blow up a battery if you do it wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if Noxx didn't have a set of jumper cables though, not an overly common thing that people carry around/have surprisingly. 

So you don't have a cable or something on hand to plug your car to her car and start it...? I thought that was relatively easy.

Can also blow up a battery if you do it wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if Noxx didn't have a set of jumper cables though, not an overly common thing that people carry around/have surprisingly.

I've never loved jumping cars. My brother did it wrong many years back and made a nice light show out of it. I think he clamped the terminals in the wrong order. He was fine (as was the car), but it's still stuck with me. Still, it's a good thing to have. If you ever need a jump, not everyone carries them, so it can be the difference between getting a quick hand and calling a tow truck.

The trick to not exploding is to connect the positive (red) terminals first to reduce the chance  of sparks, and making the last connection to the chassis (unpainted metal) of the jumping vehicle rather than the battery to avoid the possibility of igniting any hydrogen gas the battery might be giving off. The clamp on the chassis is removed first for the same reason.

I've never loved jumping cars. My brother did it wrong many years back and made a nice light show out of it. I think he clamped the terminals in the wrong order. He was fine (as was the car), but it's still stuck with me. Still, it's a good thing to have. If you ever need a jump, not everyone carries them, so it can be the difference between getting a quick hand and calling a tow truck.

The trick to not exploding is to connect the positive (red) terminals first to reduce the chance of sparks, and making the last connection to the chassis (unpainted metal) of the jumping vehicle rather than the battery to avoid the possibility of igniting any hydrogen gas the battery might be giving off. The clamp on the chassis is removed first for the same reason.

Oh yeah, I have a set in my car, but overall I'd think they are a more uncommon thing to be carried nowadays.

The other reason to clamp the final negative(black) to the chassis is to avoid completing the circuit. If you try to charge up the other battery with both clamps/connections the power will just flow through instead of charging up the battery of the dead car.

"Red To Dead" words to live by. First red to dead battery, second red to live battery. 2nd connection to dead, full circuit on live. Then start engine of live follower by engine of dead. Remove non reds first, never both from one battery at a time.

I'm like 99% sure I got that right, been a while since i jumped a car. But you should really always have a cable on you. For other not just yourself.

Also, [bleep] having 2 cars. Who wants to pay double insurance and licensing fees? Just get one car that gets you where you need to be. "Get you a car that does both"

My new(ish; 2013) Honda civic should last me another 15 years. By then I'm hoping Tesla is more affordable cause that shit is dope

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Unrelated to first post so here I go again. My boy is on leave from the army for a week so I'm gonna be super drunk from Monday to Sunday this coming week including today. Sorry not sorry.

He's point man in QRF, so if shit goes sour for spec ops he's literally the first body in. Crazy shit.

Spent two hours looking at a friend's new internet service trying to get it set up. They had to rent a modem, and apparently that modem doesn't have an ethernet in port, it gets data through the cable plugin (aka it uses a coaxial cable). I didn't know that was a thing that was possible.

Eventually connected it as the diagram wanted, and the modem showed a steady light on the "internet" light, the computer connected to and stayed connected to the network, but there was just no internet access, for no discernable reason. It's like no one flipped the switch for them or smth. It was very frustrating to try and troubleshoot, and I think it's going to cost them an excessive amount of money to have someone come out and fix it this weekend, when it really seems like it should just work.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Spent two hours looking at a friend's new internet service trying to get it set up. They had to rent a modem, and apparently that modem doesn't have an ethernet in port, it gets data through the cable plugin (aka it uses a coaxial cable). I didn't know that was a thing that was possible.

Eventually connected it as the diagram wanted, and the modem showed a steady light on the "internet" light, the computer connected to and stayed connected to the network, but there was just no internet access, for no discernable reason. It's like no one flipped the switch for them or smth. It was very frustrating to try and troubleshoot, and I think it's going to cost them an excessive amount of money to have someone come out and fix it this weekend, when it really seems like it should just work.

One of the ISPs here (a major one) uses only coax, and it's pretty good. Better than the other ISP which uses the phone line

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

We also have coax. The adapter looks funky, but it works better than any other solution we have tried so far.

In other news, a random guy landed with a hang glider in our back yard today. Turns out he was attempting a Norwegian record for distance, but the winds turned 30 kilometres before setting a new record. He holds the old one aswell by the way.

The guy is 62 and has flown for 41 years and written 3 textbooks on hang gliding. Most experienced hang glider in country. Flew over 200 km's to get here.

Gave the guy a lift for 40 kilometres to a place where his clubmates could pick him up. Left the glider in our yard to pick up in a few days. The glider is worth $10k.

Life is a [bleep]ing adventure.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

We have jumper cables in all our cars and we have a device that charges batteries via different sources of power, but the problem is the battery in my car is old and the car has been standing in the heat for the past couple of months with very little use. So the battery deteriorates over time. One of the cells most likely just gave in (it's happened to previous cars as well). So i can jump start it, but chances are it'll die if the car drops below a certain RPM or alternatively it just won't start again once the car has been switched off. 

Today I watched The Dark Knight. So much better than Batman vs Superman XD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

The whole Christian Bale Batman thing was really well done. Definitely think its the best one off Batman series, although I will disclaimer that I've seen the others but its been a while/details are fuzzy whime I just rewatched these ones.

You don't watch The Dark Knight to see Batman lol. You watch it to see probably the best super villain performance in the history of Hollywood. 

• Like 1

Not really my scene to be honest. Shooters in general just aren't my thing anymore. Think the only thing shooting related i still find fun is The Division, and it's more for the RPG/Loot-farming aspects of it. Actually been thinking of getting back into Diablo 3 a bit. Probably won't buy the Necro expansion since i have no interest in anything but the Crusader, but it's been a while since i played it.

Not really my scene to be honest. Shooters in general just aren't my thing anymore. Think the only thing shooting related i still find fun is The Division, and it's more for the RPG/Loot-farming aspects of it. Actually been thinking of getting back into Diablo 3 a bit. Probably won't buy the Necro expansion since i have no interest in anything but the Crusader, but it's been a while since i played it.

One of my tests for shooters is jumping. If jumping around like a jackass is a viable strategy in the shooter, then I want no part of it. The only exception I've made so far is for Heroes and Generals, which is a marginal case. People do jump around, but not many of them, and it's not very effective.

In all honesty, Ghost Recon Phantoms is far and above the best multiplayer shooter I've ever played, but the game is utterly eclipsed by pay to win money grabbing nonsense. New over powered weapons released every month, each better than the last round. I've not looked in a while but I'd be dissapointed if things haven't escalated to gattling laser sniper rifles by now. Basically, tactical cover based shooters are my jam. Ultimately, I like World of Tanks. I'm good at it, which is a bonus (not great, but decidedly better than average), and it has a slower pace to it that I like (my specialty is slow tanks. Fast tanks enable stupidity), and dying in one shot is usually not a big concern. I want to like World of Warships, but I'm a questionable shot, and poor tactician. I've always been a poor tactician though. I can't anticipate enemy moves, so the only thing I usually manage with initiative is to trip over it and impale myself; hence slow vehicles that hand initiative to the enemy. I think fast on my feet when it hits the fan, and I'm a nearly endless supply of plans and strategies so long as I'm on the defensive (not all of them are good plans, but I think there is something to be said for always having an idea).

Today I went to see the RCMP Musical Ride for the first time in my life. Note to self for next time, it's probably more impressive looking down on it from a hill. Still pretty cool, but being level with the show certainly robs it of something, so I'll have to see it again sometime from a better spot.

Never really been a fan of the jumping either, which is ironic given the fact that Halo and Advanced Warfare used to be two of my favorite shooters. But i think i just started to realize how much bullshit jumping adds to the game. Makes it so much more inconsistent. Becomes less about who has better aim and more about who has and hasn't got a scuf. I think the big thing is that i'm really just not good at these games anymore. Things have changed so much since the days of MW3 and BO2, which is when i played the most. People just got so much better, and i think it's largely due to the growth of the esports scene. Everyone wants to become a pro, everyone spends 10 hours a day grinding, etc. If i need my fill of PvP action these days i just hop on Injustice 2 or The Division. Completely different genres, but they do the trick. 

And we get older. Our reflexes get slower past something like 25, and we don't have the time to play anymore, so our skills aren't as sharp either.

In 12 hours I will be walking around in a special hat a special gown....

It's my graduation day. Four years of university studies have led to this day and I feel so proud of myself for making it through them without resitting any of my exams, coursework or asking for help from any lecturers during the course (except for understanding of my recent bereavement etc)

There is absolutely skill involved in jump/maneuver heavy shooters. It's a skill I do not have, but it's a skill. The fastest paced shooter I've played recently is Dirty Bomb which has feasible triple and quadruple wall jumping so it's a huge mechanic in movement and in combat. I'm above average, but some people are absolutely insane in their ability to retain accuracy on a bouncing target as well as maintain their own jump trajectory in order to dodge. It's crazy to watch the pros

• Like 1

I just have not been able to enjoy a shooter since the first modern warfare came out when I was 13 lol, and even then I only liked it for the sake of having a splitscreen game to play. I tend to have pretty weird tastes in games compared to most other people I've met though