Today...

Leoo

There's no rhyme or reason to the imperial measuring system, don't even bother. And stay the hell away from macro beers in America in general. They're all garbage. Craft only.

Now as for gender/sex stuff...

Why is it so hard to understand that non-binary is something not quite male and not quite female? Is it really that hard to just let people live their lives without defining them using arbitrary tools you've used to define heteronormative people? Painting your nails is traditionally a more "feminine" habit, but plenty of guys get manicures and the like. Why does it have to be associated with "gay" or "trans"? Why cant it just be "they like having nice nails and care about the way they look"? Why do you care about a stranger's genitals so much? With all these "do you want the other organ" questions...who cares! If youre nkt going to be having sex with this person and they seem like a nice person, why can't it just be left at that? Sure the lgbtq+ community gets picked on for being sensitive, but the least you could do is just treat them like people. That's all they really want.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That's along the lines of what TERFs say: if someone switches pronouns, it's because they believe in gender stereotypes and feel like they fit one more than another, but of course gender stereotypes are wrong so pronoun-switchers are wrong. It's a reasonably valid viewpoint, but at the end of the day, TERFs just make people feel shitty and discourage them from expressing themselves

That's a perspective that only makes sense in a world where gender doesn't impact people's perceptions of one another, and that's not the world we live in.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Anyway, don't worry about me if I disappear for a week or so. Gainesville won't get hit too bad so I'll be fine and I'm well-prepared, but I'm almost certainly going to lose power for a while. The storm won't hit here until like Sunday so I just gotta wait around until then.

• Like 1

That's a perspective that only makes sense in a world where gender doesn't impact people's perceptions of one another, and that's not the world we live in.

This.

Humans categorise by nature, and it's crucial to how we interact with each other. Categories, stereotypes. They tell us how to act. When you meet someone for the first time, your mind instantly starts to categorise that person for you. How they dress, how they look, what gender they are. The sum of these categories is your starting point. You start talking and learning more about each other, and more categories follow. If you get to know them well enough, they become a category all their own, a whole that other people can be referenced against in turn. This is what our minds, what neural networks, do.

Gender is one of the most basic categories that influences how we interact and perceive people. For me for example, gender has a huge impact on what topics of conversation I'm likely to bring up. It's not a conscious decision I've ever sat down and made, and it's frankly kind of irritating. It's also super obvious, at least to me. I tend to get along better with men I don't know than women because the things I enjoy talking about fall along male stereotypes, and I've had a lot more positive experience talking about these things with men than I have with women, so I've learned to talk less about say, monster trucks, until I have more information.

I'm in the Kiwiland.

Far too much and too sensitive stuff has already happened, including perhaps the most famous family that exists in the modern world and more.

And it's been one day in a hostel. For example, a certain member of the British royal family has also been involved.

Hot damn.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

There's no rhyme or reason to the imperial measuring system, don't even bother. And stay the hell away from macro beers in America in general. They're all garbage. Craft only.

Now as for gender/sex stuff...

Why is it so hard to understand that non-binary is something not quite male and not quite female? Is it really that hard to just let people live their lives without defining them using arbitrary tools you've used to define heteronormative people? Painting your nails is traditionally a more "feminine" habit, but plenty of guys get manicures and the like. Why does it have to be associated with "gay" or "trans"? Why cant it just be "they like having nice nails and care about the way they look"? Why do you care about a stranger's genitals so much? With all these "do you want the other organ" questions...who cares! If youre nkt going to be having sex with this person and they seem like a nice person, why can't it just be left at that? Sure the lgbtq+ community gets picked on for being sensitive, but the least you could do is just treat them like people. That's all they really want.

I dislike it when guys decide that because they like dresses that they feel it gives them the right to conclude from that simple action that theyre actually a she or a xhe or zhe. I guess I feel pronouns refer to sex and that gender is a meaningless construct to assume an identity to because it offers no real information.

So if your a guy and you like dresses, awesome I support your right to wear that to an interview and not have it factor into whether you get the job or not, but [bleep] you if you think liking a few girly things gives you the right to call yourself a girl. You have to stereotype why people identify as male or female and say because you match a few stereotypical things that you have the same connection to it as they do. You don't.

So if that answers your question about why I would feel trans would be more legitimate in calling themselves a girl and about why "I care about a stranger's genitals so much", because I believe sex is the basis for pronouns not gender expression.

Again I haven't been elected god emperor yet so my opinions are just that and your more than welcome to find them silly or uninformed.

While I disagree with the conclusion you arrived at, I greatly appreciate the fact that your argument is actually based on logic and not social bias.

I'll have to get back to you after I read into more modern Title IX, I haven't been keeping up to date with it much outside of the documentary which I believe was called "IX"

https://m.imgur.com/a/OpqvO

We got power back at around 9:30 this morning. My parents in Sarasota still don't have power but otherwise they're fine. Of course nowhere is open yet and I can't eat anything in my fridge so I still need to eat my canned food :(

I hope you guys have a quick recovery. Is everyone alright in your neighbourhood?

j0xPu5R.png

Went to the humane society to pet cats, and came home with the most lap cat I've ever seen.

Her name from her previous owners was Pretty Girl, which is awful, so I need name suggestions.

[Hide=picture]00VyIfZ.jpg[/hide]

If I keep the name, I'm gonna call her Pre, which I like a lot. But there's no other words I'm really in love with that shorten to Pre, and I can't really find anything I like on my own, unfort.

I'm only good at naming Pokemon, apparently

Why not "Precious"? Or is that too gaudy?

My chihuahua was named Pretty Girl. The shelter gave her that name because her previous owner called her an "ugly thing."

I don't think it's a bad name. I usually called her "PGG". (I don't know where the second G came from lol). Personally, I'd had loved for her to adopt Pfeffernusse or Pepper (as in pfeffernusse cookies), because she was white with some short brown hairs. Aesthetically like a pfeffernusse cookie. And she was sweet and spicy...

I had to put her down in July though, she had heart failure. It's so lonely now.

ozXHe7P.png

...or Pretzel.

also, sorry 'bout your cat Veiva.

There's loads of little kittens, probably in the 4-9 month range that kind of hang out in my parking lot at work. I wish I had the ability to take them home, but honestly until Winter comes they're doing great for themselves. They get regular food, and there's enough empty housing units around that they have shelter. Hopefully someone more capable takes them in by Winter.

Finally back home. In the last 4 or 5 weeks i've only been home a total of 2 nights, so i'm actually so happy to be home. Only downside is my AC completely broke while i was away. So my room is basically a sauna. Will have to sleep on the couch tonight. 

South Africa turned out to be a lot better than i expected. First time i've been there in 7 years. It was fun partying with Afrikaans speaking people again. Was a bit weird, but it was really fun. I also came to the conclusion that media outside of South Africa has totally over-hyped how dangerous it is. Sure, it's still dangerous if you're stupid and careless, but i can honestly say in my entire time there i didn't really feel like i had to fear for my life once. I lived with my uncle for the entire time i was there, and his house is pretty much like a fortress at night after he locks all the different games outside and inside the house, and turns on the alarms, but still...

Flight home was one of the best i've had in a long time. One of the cabin crew members was flirting with me the entire flight. Kept bringing me shit to drink, chocolates, etc. That's always the one complaint i've had against Qatar Airways. If you ask them for some water, they bring you a small cup of water instead of a bottle like they used to in the past. But every now and then, if you get lucky, they'll bring you a 1.5L bottle. Lucky for me i was able to get a 1.5L from them this time which is good because otherwise i would have had that girl running up and down the plane like she was doing suicide runs. 

I ran a poll on fb for the name, but one of my friends posted the poll on a Gilmore Girls subreddit, and the poll got more votes than I have fb friends.