Today...

Leoo

something looks different

Also I had Thanksgiving with a friend, was pretty cool. One of his family members was IT so it was fun talking to him about all kinds of technology crap lol.

I dropped dinner off at my brother's work (Wally Word) and seethed with hatred for consumerism. There was no parking. On a Thanksgiving.

My software co-op is gonna be called End Korp. #edgycommunist (ok I'll stop that.)

shops:

pEPz349.gif

You won't be able to sell to shops, there's going to be greedy chest mimics that buy your crap.

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

About 2-3 months ago, my dad had someone call him about a virus on his computer. That classic scam. He had my mom call me while he was still on the phone with the scammer, and I told him to just hang up, which he did. When I asked if the scammer had run anything, my dad said all my dad had done was run ipconfig in a command prompt. So I decided it was probably safe, and told him he was fine and just to hang up on similar calls in the future.

Came home today to find my dad has a backdoor installed on his comp, which his antivirus has been detecting but failing to clean for the past 2 months. So either he did run something more than ipconfig, or one of his shitty alt-right websites installed a trojan on his machine somehow.

I've spent the last half hour trying to boot into safe mode, because it's different than my pcs for whatever reason and I cant figure out which button to press

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Did he read them the information off ipconfig? Potentially they could do some nasty stuff if they know all that.

It could also be a coincidence and an infection from something totally different, if he didn't know to hang up on that kind of scam.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Apparently it pulled up a list of what I suspect were open ports and the ips connected to them, with the ips listed under the heading "Foreign address," which the scammer said were all the out of country operatives on his computer doing nebulously bad things. It seemed like it was just the scare tactic to get my dad to trust him.

Just based on the kinds of tech support calls I get from my dad, it seems like the alt-right websites he visits get hacked a lot, probably because they're pretty small outfits in the end, but they still have a strong userbase of older people who don't know how technology works and it scares them.

I did eventually find some pretty suspicious .rss files in his downloads folder, which I suspect might have been the culprit.

I went to one of those Unclaimed Baggage places this morning for Black Friday, and I managed to get a really neat double breasted tuxedo jacket with the tags still on it for $31. If I can manage to find a pair of tux pants that fit, I'll keep it. Otherwise, it is an easy sell for $200-250 on eBay. I also got a nice crunchy knit tie for like $2.50. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

So I'm a pretty big Dance Gavin Dance fan, and today spotify notified me that they did a cover of Semi-Charmed Life and it's worse than you're probably imagining.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yay Yendorian Priest:

1lalNBD.gif

(Notice what he's based on?)

[hide]gEFZGXB.png

His name is a reference to Ulyaoth from Eternal Darkness. Ulyauth is the Eldritch god I aligned myself with on my first play-through.

Yendor, the cliff-hanger dead god-boss that'll be at the end of the tutorial.

[/hide]

He sells supplies for incense and bonfire effigies, which will provide time-limited buffs via firemaking. Bonfires provide strong, but AoE, buffs while incense provides smaller, but immediate, buffs. For example, the Eldritch myrrh will make Dreadful incense which increases accuracy by an additive 50% for both you and your opponents. This makes firemaking ... not useless, like it is in RuneScape proper.

Herblore will only provide immediate stat restoration and stat boosts.

It'll take 70 bones to make enough bone shards for the Eldritch myrrh. For the record, that's a major time sink. The rest are a lot more reasonable. You get 15 shards per bone, and all humanoids/ex-humanoids drop bones.

ozXHe7P.png

Got a Norwegian mate over. He's over 60, I think, but he is probably the man who has had the biggest impact on my life. Gonna be fun having him around.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Anyone else bad with first dates? Like, I just had my first one in ... a while. Like, idk. Didn't seem to go as I would've hoped.

Most people are. Comes with practice.
Idk, haven't had a lot of first dates mostly because I'm not putting myself out there and creating the opportunities. However, the few I've had I just remember the advice from these forums and they tend to go okay.

At least, until I start pulling their elbows and licking their hair.

• Like 2

I'm supposed to have one (or maybe even two, my mate is planning... something) first dates tonight. Gonna be interesting.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Anyone else bad with first dates? Like, I just had my first one in ... a while. Like, idk. Didn't seem to go as I would've hoped.

First dates are generally hell for most people. It's not something anyone should beat themselves up over. Sometimes you click, sometimes you don't.

Bad first dates make awesome stories for later

Be more positive and supportive of the people around you. Practically, that translates to build others up in conversations and be an active listener.

• Like 2

Think of someone who you enjoy being around and try to incorporate what they said to you into other conversations

• Like 2