Rares Becoming Sellable Again?

@Dan3HitU

So as we know it, the Rares market is dead (no one buys) but maybe there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel after all.

It's not everyday something like this happens, but I was over the moon and almost wet myself of excitement when it did.

6240915783hu025.png

Awesome eh? One of my Red Partyhats' have actually been sold, I also instantly went to sell my Blue, Green & Red H'ween Masks as I think they've hit their peak.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You should post this in Rate This! (Drops, Bank Pictures and Levels)

You sold a partyhat? Woop de doo! I know quite a few people who have sold their partyhats, and they didn't go rampaging around the forums calling eureka! I sold it!

Congrats on your achievement.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

What were you doing with all those charms? Waterfiends?

Rock lobs I believe, I think I'd get slaughtered at Fiends :(

I was getting rid of junk (withdrawing) then heading to the GE to sell it.

I've been studying the partyhat market closely, and noticed that more people are buying purple partyhats now than before. They still don't buy for cash but the demand for partyhats is clearly rising. I think this may be because of investors. Investors are like how the stakers were to the economy, they sucked out money out of the economy fast and then used it on more expensive things. And there is a steady rise in the amount of investors and investing clans these days. So I think in maybe 4-6 months partyhats may be fully sellable again.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

or someone just fancied buying a party hat, and someone else wanted a mask set?

Just because you sold your rares, doesnt mean everyone else will be able to sell theirs.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

They've sold since the ge came out they sell a few every couple months for minimum price idiots try to buy to try it on and realise they cant sell it back i know a friend who bought a purple then had to junk trade around 20m to get rid of it.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

They've sold since the ge came out they sell a few every couple months for minimum price idiots try to buy to try it on and realise they cant sell it back i know a friend who bought a purple then had to junk trade around 20m to get rid of it.

Lol, that's immense.

Lies, that's obviously an inventory with drops you got from waterfiends. Games necklace to tele there, and you even have the antifireshield to run past the dragons.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Wierd, I know a guy who's Red Phat sold at exactly the same time as you...

I don't know how you can make an entire thread about Rares "becoming sellable" just because you happened to have a bit of luck with your one rare which sold.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Wierd, I know a guy who's Red Phat sold at exactly the same time as you...

I don't know how you can make an entire thread about Rares "becoming sellable" just because you happened to have a bit of luck with your one rare which sold.

He had a mask set aswell. :mrgreen:

Untill my hat sells, i wont say they are 'sellable'. ;)

Hint Hint, go buy yellow phats.

Small rares (Santas, Masks) are currently being manipulated. The price rise is a bubble.

The lower party hats have pretty much always been sellable. It just takes quite a bit of time, at most 2 months.

Over time, I expect party hats to regain their value. That's why I invested in a white.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Lies, that's obviously an inventory with drops you got from waterfiends. Games necklace to tele there, and you even have the antifireshield to run past the dragons.

I did say "I believe" but I have done a few runs at Fiends yeh.

Yeah everybody! Let's all flame him because we think he went to waterfiends =D> #-o

Anyways, wonder what will happen to the normal items market once partyhats become normal again, hopefully it'll stabilize.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

This thread is just another of 3 hit u threads when he trys to make himself look cool, if he had half of brain (wich i seriously doubt he have) he would knew that selling one phat doesn't mean anything and that it was possible all this time (you just had to wait alot, same as now).

Just to let you know, you look like a straight up [bleep]tard right now.

I don't know why so many people on these forums now love to bash people who happen to have better stats and items, but it's starting to piss me the [bleep] off.

Grats on the sell.

I personally think he is an attention [garden tool], but that's irrelevant, being an attention [garden tool] isn't against the rules and you aren't required to post about it. Anyway. I really don't get this thing about phats, how people are selling them like mad. Party hats will never go below "you are filthy rich" value as long as they remain discontinued rares and as long as they're still being sold at all (which they are - and they'll be even more sold when the price drops) so those few 10 million gold pieces should not be that much of a bother in theory. Unless you're going for 99 prayer or herblore by buying it all, which requires more than a phat is worth AFAIK.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.