Olympics 2008

mrpez

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, Spandex is hot.

I'm getting really ticked now with Youtube copyright claims. I'm trying to find a video of Usain Bolt's 100m because I unfortunatly missed it. What do I get? Either slideshows of pictures taken in the race which don't give the full story, or videos that were removed because of "a copyright claim by a third party". Which 3rd party is this? NBC in America, because they wanted all Olympic attention solely on them? The olympic committee? The Chinese government? Its really ticking me off that if I miss one of the biggest things in olympic history, I'm screwed. I can't find it on the news either. I did find a link to an actual video on another site, but the problem is "due to legal restrictions, this material may only be viewable to residents of Sweden".

That's seriously what it said.

What. The. Hell. WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT SWEDEN?!?! Why do legal restrictions let SWEDEN replay the glorifying moment, but not any other country? Why do I have to watch hours of the Olympics in hopes of finding a good highlight or begging NBC news the day after to replay it, while some yodeling Viking can go on his internet and watch it again and again? (its satirical. no offenses intended)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

If you live in America, you can watch basically all the replays (And a lot of stuff live) here. If you don't live in America, try to find it on the channel website that broadcasts the Olympics.

And am I the only one who finds it kind of coincidental that a guy named Bolt bolted 100m?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

What. The. Hell. WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT SWEDEN?!?! Why do legal restrictions let SWEDEN replay the glorifying moment, but not any other country? Why do I have to watch hours of the Olympics in hopes of finding a good highlight or begging NBC news the day after to replay it, while some yodeling Viking can go on his internet and watch it again and again? (its satirical. no offenses intended)

Beacuse the Vikings are awesome. Never forget that.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Thanks penguingeek. I'm surprised I didn't think of that. I feel like a moron now :wall:

Anyway, watching the video of Bolt, I loved how after he won, he kept running the track to meet his family. The camera guys, who were positioned near the finish line and weren't ready for this, had to grab their equipment and sprint after him. Poor guys. But they are probably getting paid a great deal for the perfect shot.

And I saw another video. American Dara Torres lost the 50m freestyle by .01 seconds, just like how Phelps won one of his medals. How many close races are there going to be? It's amazing.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Its crazy how team GB has gone from 8th in the medals table to 3rd in a weekend.

Usain bolts performance was absolutely phenomenal, its the second best performance ive seen on track second only to michael johnson absolutely obliterating the 200m world record and reigniting competition and relevance in that particular event.With 200m being usains primary focus im incredibly excited to see how close if not how much he beats Michael johnsons world record.

Edit:This is why i loved the event...

tifsdac6mc.gif

Thanks penguingeek. I'm surprised I didn't think of that. I feel like a moron now :wall:

Anyway, watching the video of Bolt, I loved how after he won, he kept running the track to meet his family. The camera guys, who were positioned near the finish line and weren't ready for this, had to grab their equipment and sprint after him. Poor guys. But they are probably getting paid a great deal for the perfect shot.

And I saw another video. American Dara Torres lost the 50m freestyle by .01 seconds, just like how Phelps won one of his medals. How many close races are there going to be? It's amazing.

It better be close in those short events. When the American team won by a second in the 400m relay, I expected the 50m to be even closer. :)

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Has anybody been keeping up with the boxing matches?

Just a little,why?

By the way the Frenchman was pretty good last night.4-12,in my book thats good.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Its crazy how team GB has gone from 8th in the medals table to 3rd in a weekend.

And we've got more lined up in the sailing and cycling. Our target was 4th place by 2012 - we could smash that at this rate.

Shame about Radcliffe though... except everyone seems to have forgotten Mara's incredible performance because of it.

To me that guy is just a disgrace. To give anything less than your best in the Olympics just to humiliate your opponents is terrible sportsmanship. I have no problem with celebrating after the race but to do what he did is disgraceful. :shame:

He wasn't humiliating his opponents. He was quite clearly looking towards the crowd and he slapped his left chest in a show of pride for his country.

Unless of course, you mean he's deliberately antagonising you like them awful gays in San Fran do. :roll:

when talking about michael phelps, i think someone forgot to mention that his height is 6'4 but his wingspan/arm-length is 6'7.

also if you want to watch videos not found on youtube, go to nbcolympics.com

And we've got more lined up in the sailing and cycling. Our target was 4th place by 2012 - we could smash that at this rate.

Shame about Radcliffe though... except everyone seems to have forgotten Mara's incredible performance because of it.

To me that guy is just a disgrace. To give anything less than your best in the Olympics just to humiliate your opponents is terrible sportsmanship. I have no problem with celebrating after the race but to do what he did is disgraceful. :shame:

He wasn't humiliating his opponents. He was quite clearly looking towards the crowd and he slapped his left chest in a show of pride for his country.

Unless of course, you mean he's deliberately antagonising you like them awful gays in San Fran do. :roll:

Yeah i think mara's performence really shed a light over radcliffes commitment to the marathon because o her injury, Mara in japan goes to bed at 6pm, wakes up at 4am and is running miles at 5am...dedication.

The style Usain Bolt showed in the 100m final to win it was earthshattering to the sport.A race which has been scrutanized because of doping to the point that teams have been filing appeals because theyve had so much blood taken for testing there weakened.For that guyto be dancing with the fans to steeldrums, having a good time whilst the other atheletes are utterly stressed and feeling physically sick because of the pressure and then to deliver the fastest race by anyone in the most remarkable style is something special.Did you really think that he knew he would be metres in the lead with 30 metres to spare?And then to smash the WR would make anyone surge to the highest point of elation and he only got the upmost respect from his peers and figureheads of the sport.

I would rather see him win the way he did and bring a smile to everyones face than just see another 100m race which came down to whether the wind was blowing in there face or that theres moisture in the track...

tifsdac6mc.gif

Bolt wasn't slowing down to rub stuff in people's faces. He slowed down because he was really using all his gas and couldn't run any more, otherwise he would of ran the whole way and ended in a close tie if not a small win.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Anyway, watching the video of Bolt, I loved how after he won, he kept running the track to meet his family.

Yeah, that was really sweet. It was hell funny when the Chinese guys in front of him got to him first instead this woman who I think was his mum, and own mum was like "Why's he hugging those Chinese boys?"

Air_Dragon15.png

Anyway, watching the video of Bolt, I loved how after he won, he kept running the track to meet his family.

Yeah, that was really sweet. It was hell funny when the Chinese guys in front of him got to him first instead this woman who I think was his mum, and own mum was like "Why's he hugging those Chinese boys?"

Haha and when they were hugging, some asian guy (that has prolly never seen a black dude) kept patting and stoking his hair. That me me rofl irl pretty harrd

Australia have pipped ahead of us in the medal tables... apparently the sports ministers of both countries have got a little side bet about which of us finishes higher. :P

Yeah i think mara's performence really shed a light over radcliffes commitment to the marathon because o her injury, Mara in japan goes to bed at 6pm, wakes up at 4am and is running miles at 5am...dedication.

I was on Wikipedia last night, and it's just staggering. She's not even a professional athlete really. She's just always been good at running. She actually has a masters and until two years ago worked with the British embassy in Japan. At the age of 34, she's only been running seriously for four years.

All Radcliffe has ever known is long-distance running.

The style Usain Bolt showed in the 100m final to win it was earthshattering to the sport.A race which has been scrutanized because of doping to the point that teams have been filing appeals because theyve had so much blood taken for testing there weakened.For that guyto be dancing with the fans to steeldrums, having a good time whilst the other atheletes are utterly stressed and feeling physically sick because of the pressure and then to deliver the fastest race by anyone in the most remarkable style is something special.Did you really think that he knew he would be metres in the lead with 30 metres to spare?And then to smash the WR would make anyone surge to the highest point of elation and he only got the upmost respect from his peers and figureheads of the sport.

Exactly. It's gone beyond a simple measure of speed now. Because it's so heavily technical, the coach you have can decide the outcome as well. I'm happy to see someone racing because he enjoys it, not simply because he's good at it.

Well obviously i want Canada to win because i am Canadian but i know we can't do anything in summer olympics but you americans wait until winter baby -.- i will drive to whistler just to watch you PHAIL! :lol:

Let your yellow mellow.

Bolt wasn't slowing down to rub stuff in people's faces. He slowed down because he was really using all his gas and couldn't run any more, otherwise he would of ran the whole way and ended in a close tie if not a small win.

He's the world's leader in 200m sprint, how can he be tired after 75m , usuain bolt is all about speed endurance which is why you saw him gain 2.5m in the last half of the race.

Its such a shame to see chinas 110m hurdles prospect having to bow out.He was the poster boy and a way of saying that china can compete in track and field and that they can beat the rest of the world at it.His coach was pretty emotional aswell and its never great to see such a highprofile athelete bow out like that.

tifsdac6mc.gif

To give less than your best and then taunt your opponents DURING the race is an insult. Michael Phelps doesn't wait 3 second and give everyone a head start then go kill them. He gives his best.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Phelps didn't win by the massive margin Bolt won by, he wouldn't have had time to celebrate.

If any of the other runners were insulted by it they hid it well during the post-race interviews and all the interviews they've done since then, from what I've seen they've all had nothing but praise for Usain Bolt. Quite frankly, even if they had been insulted by his celebration, they should respond by being better runners and giving his nothing to celebrate.

Let's face it, the race was as well as over when he began celebrating, the guy had just achieved his dream and in dramatic fashion. For that I can forgive him for being a bit boastful.

Edit - Also, he's helped improve the image of track & field by winning so spectacularly and by such margin without resorting to performance enhancing drugs. His performance and his personality is really helping to rehabilitate the image of the track & field events.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I say, if Bolt's actions were meant to be insulting, I'd say he did pretty bad job at it since none of the athletes who were there complained about him.

Michael Phelps' He-Man impression after the team race where they just beat France was hardly tasteful either, but I'm not gonna sit here and call him a disgrace for it. I admire he's the greatest swimmer ever, quite clearly.

It was arrogant, yes. But when you're the fastest man in the world by a country mile I think you might just have a right to be a little bit cocky about your achievements, especially one as impressive as his. :roll:

After the race is fine but when you are on the olympic stage and the world is watching you give your absolute best. To do less than that is an insult to the other racers. Everyone has cause to celebrate when they've just won an olympic medal. Not during the event. No diver does a cannonball if they are already going to win.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...