Live Concerts

happy123

^ Nice. Hopefully I'll still have money and time for that when they come through town here in November.

Tonight I'm gonna see Miss May I, We Came as Romans, Of Mice & Men, and some other bands with my friend. It'll be so fun. :thumbup:

Bought tickets to see Between the Buried and Me on November 12th. Not a big metal guy, but I'm going with a friend so it should be fun.

They played a really small venue over here last week. I wish I'd found out about it sooner as it'd have been great to see them up closer.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Haven't been to see it, but if you like dubstep and hot chicks, look up wobbleland 2011 on youtube.

"Kevs me best mate we do all sorts of [bleep] together like last week we went down to basshill drive in and kev was like Oi! what are all you [bleep]Heads Watchin!"

• 1 month later...

DOUBLE POSTING BECAUSE I CAN

Fitz & the Tantrums last night was amazing. Featured 3 new songs and 2 great covers.

The opening band, Walk the Moon was full of energy too. Really played their part well. Made a fan out of me by the end of their set.

Got a great Fitz poster to add to the collection.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

• 1 month later...

Guess I'll bump this thread.

384885_10150424759538093_72457258092_8819770_276979804_n.jpg

Can't wait for this concert. Mostly for Stray From the Path. Also seeing the dubstep artist Excision with my friend in a few weeks even though I don't like him/them at all lol. But dubstep concerts are always fun.

I have tickets to see The Black Keys in March with the Arctic Monkeys opening for them. That's my big concert for early spring.

Before that, I'm seeing Young the Giant with Walk the Moon opening for them.

Then there's another Candyrat Guitar Night that I'll be attending.

May or may not be seeing the Joy Formidable.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

You've been hiding, Diesel. :P

Friends want to get tickets to a Zeds Dead concert. Just so happens to be the birthday of another one of our friends, so I'm not sure if we'll go.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I saw the band "Real Estate" last night. They were AMAZING live, sounded exactly the same as on record. The doors opened at 9 and they got on at 11:45. It was awesome because the opening bands who I had never heard of were extremely entertaining and I enjoyed them a lot. Made the whole concert that much better. Also, it was a cool place - the venue was Lee's Palace in Toronto. My buddies and I were there by 9 and scored some awesome seats - right in the centre and less than 20 feet away from the stage!

Also, the bassist of the opening band was standing in front of me for a while and kept looking at me (she was a cutie). Didn't end up going to talk to her though as I have a girlfriend anyway. Kind of wish I at least said something though. Oh well :)

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I saw the band "Real Estate" last night. They were AMAZING live, sounded exactly the same as on record. The doors opened at 9 and they got on at 11:45. It was awesome because the opening bands who I had never heard of were extremely entertaining and I enjoyed them a lot. Made the whole concert that much better. Also, it was a cool place - the venue was Lee's Palace in Toronto. My buddies and I were there by 9 and scored some awesome seats - right in the centre and less than 20 feet away from the stage!

Also, the bassist of the opening band was standing in front of me for a while and kept looking at me (she was a cutie). Didn't end up going to talk to her though as I have a girlfriend anyway. Kind of wish I at least said something though. Oh well :)

It makes me happy to hear Real Estate are good live, I'd love to see them.

Also congrats on having a female person looking at you. That sure sounds like something. Too bad you have a girlfriend though, otherwise you would have definitively gone and talked to her (because she was a cutie). Oh well. vicon_e_smile.gifv Anyway, good job!

2009rb9.jpg

Tool's in town but it sold out before I got the chance to get me a ticket :'(

$81 for nose bleeds though...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

[hide]390312_10150555147333489_24160438488_8958305_858730315_n.jpg[/hide]

Hopefully I will be seeing this when it comes through town, the lineup is soooo solid.

I'll also be seeing Warped Tour this summer with some friends. There are actually quite a few good bands so far (The Ghost Inside, Title Fight, Every Time I Die), and there are a lot more to be announced.

[hide]390312_10150555147333489_24160438488_8958305_858730315_n.jpg[/hide]

Hopefully I will be seeing this when it comes through town, the lineup is soooo solid.

I'll also be seeing Warped Tour this summer with some friends. There are actually quite a few good bands so far (The Ghost Inside, Title Fight, Every Time I Die), and there are a lot more to be announced.

Comeback Kid and Close Your Eyes would have been enough for me. I'll consider it when more bands are announced. Might make up for the Rise Against/A Day to Remember tour I'll be missing next month

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

2012 MusicNOW Festival lineup was announced today.

Headliners Nico Muhly, Sufjan Stevens and Bryce Dessner w/ Pedro Soler and Gaspar Claus.

Yes please.

Make that 6 shows already lined up for this spring. I'm running out of money.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Young the Giant last night. Other than the songs that were released as singles, most of their other material was really too mellow. It was kind of boring.

The band that opened, Walk the Moon, stole the show. This is the 2nd time I've seen them open for someone (last time it was Fitz & the Tantrums), and this was their homecoming, so there was a lot of energy and enthusiasm.

Black Keys w/ Arctic Monkeys next Friday.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

According to setlist.fm, mostly Brothers and El Camino. Here's the setlist from their last show in the UK. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-black-keys/2012/alexandra-palace-london-england-13de9ddd.html

Having seen them 3 times before, I'm a little disappointed that they removed most of the older material that I've seen them crank out, but I realized that the newer stuff is what most people know.

EDIT: Compared to the first time I saw them. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-black-keys/2008/madison-theater-covington-ky-3bd6b0ac.html

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Thanks, I'll have to remember that site.

Got me some tickets for Werchter 2012 a week or two back. Last year I went one day and saw Linkin Park and QOTSA among others, this year I'll be going all four days with a bunch of friends. It's so exciting waiting for names to get announced.

And yesterday they announced Jack White the Third himself, among others. Holy shit yes.