Live Concerts

happy123

Hardcore dancing is literally the worst thing ever invented.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Just got back from converge. I'd write a long post about how it was but I'll just leave you with this for now:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

They did, but we don't count them as people. For converge there was a lot less of it than for the opening bands, or I didn't notice because I was in the very front.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Been to many live shows. The best ever was Gogol Bordello, if anyone has a chance to see them take it. The smaller the venue the better.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Im seeing Modest Mouse July 2.

Should be aweeesome!

you're really going to bash warped tour and then get excited over modest mouse?

I can't imagine the life you lead.

What?

Are you saying their show will be boring compared to the AWESOME hardcore dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0BClLVGbA

WTF IS THIS? Worst pits ever.....

I've been in my fair share of pits and I love pits, as long as idiots aren't flailing around like idiots. So...?

I love the band, I love live shows. What.

I'm not huge on Devil Wears Prada, but you have to excuse the pits of Warped Tour - It's 90 degrees to start with before you even add on the body heat of that many pubescent teens crammed together.

I will now hunt for a video to defend my argument...

EDIT:

got one:

crowd shots are few and far between, but the DVD that came with the re-release of their sophmore album shows the whole thing in like a third person view. There were literally people crowd surfing on people that were crowd surfing on people. [bleep]ing sick. @5:15 the fan practically rips the mic out of Jeremy's hand to sing for him lol

this one's a little better: (start @3:02 if you're lazy)

This is how it's done. Perfected 30 years ago...kids nowadays are just playing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcspR0yCRLY&feature=related

Thank god the sound of the genre has progressed away from that in the past 30 years...and the hair styles. Yeesh.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Better than A Day to Remember will ever be.

I might see Explosions in the Sky in September if any of my friends want to go. It's a seated venue though so you're stuck with where you get put, which sucks.

If any of you ever come to Australia and have the opportunity to go to a live show, [bleep]ing don't. The venues and organisation sucks, the shows stinks (as do the people) and no one worth listening to ever comes here.

[bleep] you America for having all the cool concerts.

I would love to see Big Day Out in Australia. Just saying, it's not all bad.

PM me in game anytime

I went to concerts nearly every weekend from ages 13 to 17 (mostly metal bands and some 80s bands that my dad loves). The last concert I went to was Cynic, Meshuggah, and The Faceless in February last year (was it last year?). It was amazing. My best friend and I got there six hours early and we met every member of Cynic and Meshuggah. We actually hung out with Paul Masvidal for a good 45 minutes and I exchanged emails with him for months after that. We also had a pretty long conversation with Marten from Meshuggah. He's very, very talkative, which is funny. The concert itself was just . . . wow.

No-one cares about The Faceless, so I'll skip that part.

Cynic went up on stage, and we were right at the front. They were totally calm and looked like they absolutely loved playing their music for us, and the audience responded in turn. It definitely felt like musicians playing for musicians. Then Meshuggah went up, and the atmosphere completely changed. They started with Pravus and there were these two gigantic lights on either side of the drumkit, pointed right at the audience. Every time Tomas hit the snare, the lights flashed and blinded us. That, coupled with the six foot tall singer standing in front of us with his arms outstretched, looking like Satan incarnate and the audience EXPLODING right when they started playing pretty much made it the best concert I'd ever seen, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2x-gUjiM8

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I have the opportunity to go to a Modest Mouse concert. It's indoor venue, relatively small, good acoustics, not too far away.

Tickets are $70, some friends are going too. Y/N ?

$70 seems a little steep, but then again they haven't been here for aaaaages.

EDIT: 25th of July so perfect end of my exams. Aaargh.

Small venue? Those are the best. I would say go, in the grand scheme of things 70$ isn't too much.

PM me in game anytime

Went to see Avenged Sevenfold on September 2010. It was an awesome concert, they played Nightmare, Welcome to the Family, Critical Acclaim, God Hates Us, So Far Away, Afterlife, Unholy Confessions (circle pit ftw), and the last song was Almost Easy. It was my first time seeing them, and I loved the fact that they paid tribute to their former drummer, The Rev, who died in December 2009 from an overdose.

I also bought a Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt 3 months later.

Can't wait for Uproar 2011, because guess what...?

Avenged Sevenfold is headlining :D

RIP The Rev

Your memories being with A7X will be kept foREVer

cruddysig2.png

[spoiler=Stats]

Crudson.png

[spoiler='Achievements]

Crudson.png

99 Fishing achieved: 20 June 2010 | 99 Mining achieved: 07 August 2011 | Obtained the power of Ancient curses: 08 August 2011

[spoiler='Goals]

Get Chaotic rapier | Pinch off a Fighter hat from Commander Connad | Obtain the godly power of Turmoil | 99 Attack

Going to see Iron & Wine with my mother on Wednesday :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Saw the Black Keys for the 3rd time last night in Indianapolis with Booker T. Jones and Nicole Atkins & The Black Sea as opening acts. I was about 10 ft. from being front center stage. It was amazing.

Booker T played 2 songs with the Black Keys, which was a really special moment considering how Booker T is like one of the main men associated with Stax records.

There really isn't much else to be said. It was just a great show. Great venue too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfOkbxA43c

I'm in this video. :3 See if you can spot me.

[hide=Videos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXHrFTzkQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlSXJ1JzpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73fxywoUbEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQH02p7kyGY[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I went a couple years back when Slipknot and Disturbed were headlining and it was alright. Nothing fantastic, but I'm sure venue has a lot to do with how much fun it is.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

This year the headliners are Disturbed, Megadeth, and Godsmack, which is alright. I'm looking forward to Trivium, In flames, and Machine Head who are also going to be there.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Machine Head was there when I saw it and they put on a good live show. Be prepared for multiple circle pits if you're standing in the crowd.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

This year the headliners are Disturbed, Megadeth, and Godsmack, which is alright. I'm looking forward to Trivium, In flames, and Machine Head who are also going to be there.

Machine Head are easily the loudest band I've seen live. It was an indoor venue and I've heard nothing close to that volume before or since that gig. Spectacular.

Also saw In Flames a year or so back as well, pretty decent.

Under a month(ish) until Sonisphere... :thumbup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought my ticket to go see Mayhem in SF in November. So excited, last tour they were going to have I shelled out over 100$ for a ticket only to have them cancel the tour due to financial reasons (I got a refund). Only had to pay 30$ for the ticket, and the venue is a 10 minute bus ride from where my school will be. They're playing with Keep of Kalessin, Hate, and Abigail Williams, none of which I've checked out, but I will when I can.