Live Concerts

happy123

Candyrat guitar night was tonight. There were 4 performers, the first 3 of which were really good, and the last was so experimental that we ended up leaving after 3 songs.

Bought a cd of the first guy - Craig D'Andrea.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Saw Lupe Fiasco last night. It was pretty awesome but it was probably the most awkward audience I've ever seen. You could easily tell who've been listening to Lupe since Food & Liquor to those who got into him at LASERS. Going to the Railroad Revival tour tomorrow also which features Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe, & Old Crow Medicine Show.

tFtfA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the National last night at their homecoming show at the MusicNow Festival. Pretty good show, but an interesting crowd there. It was at Cincinnati Music Hall, where the symphony usually plays, and I guess people who have season tickets there also got tickets to see this festival, so there was the normal crowd on concert-goers as well as a bunch of older couples (like people in their 60's and older). Created a weird atmosphere in the beginning - I thought we may stay seated for the show (we didn't). They played all of the songs I wanted them to, as well as the recent songs they did for a movie and the song they did for Portal 2 (first time they had played that one live) and an unplugged, sing-along version of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks which was really cool.

[hide=Videos]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lCcI4nayM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdmzfWe21Ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IICqVFgSDwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwXFa6oEfKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCcZh2_8uw

[/hide]

In other news, I bought tickets to see Muse in Indianapolis this August and I'm going to try to get tickets to see My Morning Jacket in August when they go on sale this week. :thumbup:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

overall Warped Tour is hit and miss for the most part, but reading the lineup alphabetically I didn't even hit letter C before my mind was made up

[A Day to Remember, A Sky Lit Drive, Abandon All Ships, Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, August Burns Red...]

I agree the line-up for Warped this year does look realllllllllly good to me. Shame im from the UK :mellow:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The Warped Tour line up looks like [cabbage].

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The Warped Tour line up looks like [cabbage].

When doesn't it?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

No idea. I don't normally look at the warped tour lineup.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Seeing Elton John and Steely Dan in November :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Im seeing Modest Mouse July 2.

Should be aweeesome!

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Hopefully seeing Converge Thursday. I've got a ticket, I just haven't asked my parents if I can go yet.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've got a ticket, I just haven't asked my parents if I can go yet.

I did that once with Wolfmother tickets. Didn't work out.

Hope it turns out better for you.

Got front section tickets to My Morning Jacket in August. Cost a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I think it'll be worth it.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Should be aweeesome!

you're really going to bash warped tour and then get excited over modest mouse?

I can't imagine the life you lead.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Should be aweeesome!

What?

Are you saying their show will be boring compared to the AWESOME hardcore dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0BClLVGbA

WTF IS THIS? Worst pits ever.....

I've been in my fair share of pits and I love pits, as long as idiots aren't flailing around like idiots. So...?

I love the band, I love live shows. What.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Should be aweeesome!

What?

Are you saying their show will be boring compared to the AWESOME hardcore dancing?

I've been in my fair share of pits and I love pits, as long as idiots aren't flailing around like idiots. So...?

I'm not huge on Devil Wears Prada, but you have to excuse the pits of Warped Tour - It's 90 degrees to start with before you even add on the body heat of that many pubescent teens crammed together.

I will now hunt for a video to defend my argument...

EDIT:

got one:

crowd shots are few and far between, but the DVD that came with the re-release of their sophmore album shows the whole thing in like a third person view. There were literally people crowd surfing on people that were crowd surfing on people. [bleep]ing sick. @5:15 the fan practically rips the mic out of Jeremy's hand to sing for him lol

this one's a little better: (start @3:02 if you're lazy)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hopefully seeing Converge Thursday. I've got a ticket, I just haven't asked my parents if I can go yet.

Converge are [cabbage] hot live, seriously. Bannon is a maniac.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Has anyone seen Soungarden lately? They're one of my favorite grunge acts AND THEY'RE TOURING WITH THE MARS VOLTA this summer---clearly another of my favorite groups as you can tell by the caps. They've got a show I want to go to July 17th. The only thing is I'd have to drive from (essentially) the Twin Cities to Chicago for the show. Is it worth it?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I dislike Modest Mouse and The Devil Wears Prada equally, cool.

anyways I just bought tickets for me and my friend to see Emery and Oh, Sleeper next month. Neither are favorites of mine but I haven't been to a concert in like 3 months so I'll take what I can get. Taking Back Sunday and Thursday are also coming soon, probably won't see them though. Thursday was pretty good when I saw them a few months ago.

Has anyone seen Soungarden lately? They're one of my favorite grunge acts AND THEY'RE TOURING WITH THE MARS VOLTA this summer---clearly another of my favorite groups as you can tell by the caps. They've got a show I want to go to July 17th. The only thing is I'd have to drive from (essentially) the Twin Cities to Chicago for the show. Is it worth it?

Haven't seen them, but YES YES YES. If you can get tickets and go, do it. From what I've heard about their live shows, you will not regret it.

Going to try and see Truckfighters in July if the venue isn't 21+. Stoner rock ftw.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I was seriously considering it until I found out that nosebleed seats are $85. NOSEBLEEDS! [bleep] that.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

It appears I will be going to Converge. I need to remember to bring earplugs. And maybe a helmet.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Should be aweeesome!

What?

I'm not huge on Devil Wears Prada, but you have to excuse the pits of Warped Tour - It's 90 degrees to start with before you even add on the body heat of that many pubescent teens crammed together.

I will now hunt for a video to defend my argument...

EDIT:

got one:

crowd shots are few and far between, but the DVD that came with the re-release of their sophmore album shows the whole thing in like a third person view. There were literally people crowd surfing on people that were crowd surfing on people. [bleep]ing sick. @5:15 the fan practically rips the mic out of Jeremy's hand to sing for him lol

this one's a little better: (start @3:02 if you're lazy)

This is how it's done. Perfected 30 years ago...kids nowadays are just playing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcspR0yCRLY&feature=related