Live Concerts

happy123

Ordered tickets to see Iron Maiden at the Sonisphere festival. Hell yeah. :thumbup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• 3 weeks later...

I saw The Spill Canvas a few nights ago with my friend, they were pretty good. I liked one of the opening bands even better though.

Silversun Pickups are coming to a concert house here! Probably gonna go with my friend, that should be awesome.

Seen

Stompin Tom (about 10 yrs ago)

Metallica (October 2009)

ZZ Top (June 2010)

Seeing

Tom Petty (June 2010)

Tool (July 2010)

Rock on the Range* (July 2010)

Stompin Tom (August 2010)

Uproar Festival** (October 2010)

* Showcases - Buckcherry, Finger Eleven, Stone Temple Pilots, Godsmack, 3 Days Grace, Danko Jones, The Trews, Airbourne, Rev Theory, Crash Karma, A Day To Remember, Domenica

** Showcases - Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Hellyeah, Airbourne, Halestorm, Hail The Villain, New Medicine

Metallica has been the best I've seen, and it will likely remain the same. Although, Tom Petty is tomorrow night and he'll probably be up there as one of the best performances throughout my life. We'll see. Should be a good summer though. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Been to:

-Rammstein, Combichrist as support act. Combichrist are animals. Rammstein's show is awesome, and they are pretty good live.

-Muse, Ghinzu/the Editors as support act. Ghinze is weird, never heard of them before. Love the Editors, their lead singer has a great voice. Muse is awesome, great atmosphere at the concert, everyone singing along. Really enjoyed them live.

Might go to:

-Guns 'n Roses

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.

Im considering going to 65daysofstatic later this year if any friends want to go with me, don't think they'd want to though. I really need to start going to concerts, seems pretty awesome and fun.

2dvjurb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Tool last night and man they put on a good show. They did a lot of upbeat jam sections in their older songs to spice them up. The middle quiet sections of Schism and Stinkfist were completely different and that was sweet. Heard a few new intros that were cool that hopefully will be on their next album.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Saw Michael Bublé last night.

I was literally blown away. I dont see how his opening band is still an opener, theyre [bleep]ing crazy (Naturally 7)

And he himself.... If I could never go to another concert after seeing this one I would call myself fufilled. I think its great that he sounds the same live as he does studio, it just shows how much talent he really has.

I shook his hand too :thumbsup:, I nearly [cabbage] myself. Thank God for those last minute floor seats opening up. (I almost didnt go because my dad bought tickets for Friday and the one we thought we were going to was Saturday. Luckily Saturday morning seats reserved for the artist were opened up.)

Hands Down, this concert has to be among the best of the best.

Im hoping to see either Maroon 5 or Rob Thomas live later in the summer :thumbsup:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

My day tickets arrived today for the Sonisphere festival. We got them to see Iron Maiden but there's a few other bands i'm gonna check out that are on earlier.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

My day tickets arrived today for the Sonisphere festival. We got them to see Iron Maiden but there's a few other bands i'm gonna check out that are on earlier.

Got mine a few months ago. And honestly, Sonisphere in Sweden has had the worst damn planners I've ever experienced. It's a disgrace. Right now they're trying to sell their [cabbage]ty iPhone/Android app, for 4eur (completely ignoring the fact that Android apps that cost money aren't supported in Sweden yet). It contains cool features such as when and where the bands will perform (which they'll release on the website anyway... "soon"), exclusive videos and pictures and all the "happenings" in the festival area. Guys, it's a one day festival with two [bleep]ing stages. Don't think I'll have much of a problem finding the right stage. And those "happenings" will be Guitar Hero related. I just know it.

And they advertised for the longest time that "plenty of other amazing bands will be announced in the coming months". Then once the tickets got sold out, we find out that those bands were Hammerfall, Warrior Soul and Imperial State Electric, and no band to replace Heaven & Hell with. Welp, at least I understand why they waited until they sold out all the tickets before making that announcement.

... Anyway. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your ticket, mcneilp?

2009rb9.jpg

Got mine a few months ago. And honestly, Sonisphere in Sweden has had the worst damn planners I've ever experienced. It's a disgrace. Right now they're trying to sell their [cabbage]ty iPhone/Android app, for 4eur (completely ignoring the fact that Android apps that cost money aren't supported in Sweden yet). It contains cool features such as when and where the bands will perform (which they'll release on the website anyway... "soon"), exclusive videos and pictures and all the "happenings" in the festival area. Guys, it's a one day festival with two [bleep]ing stages. Don't think I'll have much of a problem finding the right stage. And those "happenings" will be Guitar Hero related. I just know it.

And they advertised for the longest time that "plenty of other amazing bands will be announced in the coming months". Then once the tickets got sold out, we find out that those bands were Hammerfall, Warrior Soul and Imperial State Electric, and no band to replace Heaven & Hell with. Welp, at least I understand why they waited until they sold out all the tickets before making that announcement.

... Anyway. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your ticket, mcneilp?

Our Sunday day tickets (Iron Maiden headlining, Pendulum, Alice in Chains, Slayer on the main stage) cost us about £70 each, not including those [developmentally delayed]ed Ticketmaster booking fees and postage/packing.

We're thinking about making the trip into a mini-holiday as well with maybe a day or two in London as it isn't too far away from where we'll be staying.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Our Sunday day tickets (Iron Maiden headlining, Pendulum, Alice in Chains, Slayer on the main stage) cost us about £70 each, not including those [developmentally delayed]ed Ticketmaster booking fees and postage/packing.

We're thinking about making the trip into a mini-holiday as well with maybe a day or two in London as it isn't too far away from where we'll be staying.

Haha wow. You pay the same price as we do but you have like 20 bands more.

2009rb9.jpg

I'm apparantly going to Paramore AGAIN because my friend's are forcing me to go... This'll be the 3rd time I'll have seen Paramore in Concert...

And I'm also going to You me at Six... I don't even like them! I'm only going because I had fun screaming and dancing the last time :huh:

Last month, I went to Green Day.

BEST. CONCERT. EVER.

It was so fun to not only see the crowd enjoy themselves but to hear the band laughing and enjoying themselves too... and to see Billie Joe in person was amazing for me (I've been listening to Green Day since I was about... 4 years old :lol: so it's been a dream of mine...)

But yeah...

The only two Bands left that I WANT TO SEE in Concert are Disturbed and Mindless Self Indulgence so... *crosses fingers*

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I can see Boris in August and Sleep (performing Holy Mountain) and YOB in September.

More doom please.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm apparantly going to Paramore AGAIN because my friend's are forcing me to go... This'll be the 3rd time I'll have seen Paramore in Concert...

And I'm also going to You me at Six... I don't even like them! I'm only going because I had fun screaming and dancing the last time :huh:

Last month, I went to Green Day.

BEST. CONCERT. EVER.

It was so fun to not only see the crowd enjoy themselves but to hear the band laughing and enjoying themselves too... and to see Billie Joe in person was amazing for me (I've been listening to Green Day since I was about... 4 years old :lol: so it's been a dream of mine...)

But yeah...

The only two Bands left that I WANT TO SEE in Concert are Disturbed and Mindless Self Indulgence so... *crosses fingers*

I saw Green Day live last summer and it [bleep]ing blew my mind. They were my favorite band at the time and the concert was so electric and it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

However, very few bands ever come this far south, so I won't be seeing any other bands for quite a while.

Hopefully I can see Boris in August and Sleep (performing Holy Mountain) and YOB in September.

More doom please.

MF DOOM?

He is awesome, but I was referring to doom metal.

If I talk about DOOM I use caps.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Bought tickets a few days ago for The Black Keys in Louisville on August 11th. Pumped, but a little nervous about them playing with a keyboardist and bassist now instead of just the duo.

I saw them live recently, and the keyboardist and bassist only came on for the songs off Brothers.