Live Concerts

happy123

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Less Than Jake back in '05, I think. Then Carl Cox in ... 08' - don't remember. I just know those are the only two concerts (If you consider Carl Cox a concert when he's doing a set at a club) I have been to in my entire life.

I'm not much of a gig person. Things like Big Day Out, Soundwave, etc don't appeal to me :-\

Blind Guardian show on Thursday was one of the best nights of my life. THIS CLOSE TO HANSI.

69557_183723318311832_100000224966004_738357_1733838_n.jpg

Also, I got him to acknowledge me. At a pause of his talking after a song I yelled a request of "TERROR TRAIIIIIN" (Demons & Wizards song) and he gave me a funny look then continued onward. But they played EVERY ONE of my favorite songs. Setlist included Nightfall, Valhalla, The Bard's Song, And Then There Was Silence, Fly, Bright Eyes; 14 songs in total. Also, the opening band Holy Grail was pretty rad.

ive been to many live concerts, mainly the hardcore/metal genres.

few that ive seen:

korn, chimaira, as i lay dying, killswitchengage, all that remains, disturbed, trivium, metallica, bmth, in flames, devildriver, LOG, dope, soil, enter shikari, meshuggah, whitechapel, BFMV, ETF, Faithnomore

next year march/april i got alot more planned to see:

disturbed/trivium/AILD tour :)

and soundwave concert

iron maiden, rob zombie, murderdolls, BFMV,BMTH, amity, slayer, primus, devildriver, ill nino

cant wait \:D/

I'm going to see Underoath w/ Thursday in February. I kind of grew out of Underoath, but now since I've listened to them a lot recently in preparation for the concert, I'm pumped.

[hide=They better play this song.]

[/hide]

I've only been to see MUSE and Avenged Sevenfold, didn't pay for either of them :D. MUSE was just awkward for me (I only knew one song), but loved Avenged Sevenfold of course, left in the middle of Stone Sours set because they did alternated with Avenged as to who play last, Cory Taylor was in a Lolita Maid Costume (it was Halloween) and A7X came out in £1 masks. And we got candy :D

Luck be a Lady

• 1 month later...

Just discovered a good 3 shows that I want to see in the next few months.

Josh Ritter on Feb. 15th

Keller Williams on March 4th

Bobby Long on March 24th

Kaki King on March 28th (Already knew about this before today)

:thumbup:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Been to Maroon 5 and Michael Buble live (and yes im a guy)

Both were [bleep]ing awsome!

Michael Buble is hands down the best singer of our time. He doesnt need auto-tuners, has great songs, and is still classy.

/thread :)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Michael Buble is hands down the best singer of our time. He doesnt need auto-tuners, has great songs, and is still classy.

/thread :)

=D>

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Went to a blues festival this past Saturday. Last year's was better, but this one still had some memorable moments.

1) During one band's set, I got hit on by a very drunk mid-40's lady. Made me laugh

2) One of the bands had a drummer that was 102 years old. He could still drum fairly well!

3) The last band that we saw had a 17 year old kid on lead guitar. Man could he shred. I told my Dad that he's the second coming of Hendrix.

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuTqHYW-R8[/hide]

That video's from a year ago. He's even better now (more variations and style) and played a few solos behind the back and over the shoulder.

4) Saw the best saxophone solo that I've ever seen. I dubbed it "Sex on Sax".

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Underoath, Thursday, and Animals as Leaders was the best concert I've been to. The whole thing was awesome from beginning to end, there was so much energy in a pretty small venue. Oh, A Skylit Drive played too but I don't like them at all. They put on a good show though, except for the fact that there were a few "hardcore dancers" in the crowd. Hardcore dancing is literally the most [developmentally delayed]ed thing I have ever seen. I just shoved them when I got the chance. At least that was just during ASD and not the other bands.

Shame this thread is dying...

Seen a few bands in the last 2 months or so.

InMe

Dave McPherson Solo (InMe frontman)

Four Year Strong + Wonder Years

Brigade + Versus

Lonely the Brave

...and a few local bands.

Got 1 or two lined up. Plus Brigade are doing a 3 nighter at some pub in Islington i'm going to in April, can't decide whether to train it or drive - either way it's gonna work out waaaay expensive.

Slam dunk festival line up is announced this wednesday - went to it last year. Was pretty awesome, will probably go again - it's usually in May sometime.

Still hoping the Foos will play at Reading, even though i'm not sure if i'll go.... waaaay expensive yet again.

Would be nice to get to a few more gigs but i've been to quite a few football matches recently which are quite a money sink. Especially when you're team is over 200 miles away :XD:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Got tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age in two weeks. Should be [bleep]ing awesome, I'm amped.

First some of my real life mates get tickets, now you? D:

If only I didn't go get Chemical Brothers tickets. Concerts are way too close (within a week, I think) and I can't go to one of them, and since I've already gone Chemical Brothers, I can't change now.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Got tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age in two weeks. Should be [bleep]ing awesome, I'm amped.

Ahh! So jealous!

I heard from their Facebook page that they're going to announce a tour on Monday of smaller venues in which they're going to play their self-titled in its entirety. Hoping for something a bit closer to me. :pray:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I haven't been to a live gig for ages. Two reasons i suppose, or actually three; I haven't had money for it (it's just not the ticket, it's food, travel etc), been a bit lazy and i haven't been listening to much metal for the last couple of years, tho it's slowly creeping back. Would be nice to see Maiden again, but their tickets go in 5 seconds, and then if you want one, you'll have to pay double on ebay - and i can't be bothered about that, and for all i care they could change their whole song set to those which you never here, Bring your daughter... Instead of Fear of the dark for example would be cool.

Anyways. I have recently discovered a band called Indochine, and i am speechless. So incredible brilliant. I have re-watched their Stade de France dvd from this summer over and over since i got it, and it's kick-started some engine in me, wanting to go to a gig. Speaking of this dvd, the only thing that annoys me a bit is that the camera randomly showing people in the crowd crying. But i suppose i don't really know what they are all about yet.

It would also mean i'd have to travel to France and watch a gig, which is a bit costly hehe. But i would love it.

Oh and, i must see Motörhead within the next couple of years.

This is a weird post as i look back on it, oh well.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

For anyone interested, Kyuss have reunited for a European tour - all dates are on the page I linked to. Considering seeing if I can get a ticket for the Bristol O2 Academy myself.

That would be so awesome. Josh Homme is a very busy man, isn't he?

edit: Ok, without Josh on guitar I'd be reluctant to go...

First some of my real life mates get tickets, now you? D:

If only I didn't go get Chemical Brothers tickets. Concerts are way too close (within a week, I think) and I can't go to one of them, and since I've already gone Chemical Brothers, I can't change now.

Yeah I'm pretty awesome. Why aren't you going?

Ahh! So jealous!

I heard from their Facebook page that they're going to announce a tour on Monday of smaller venues in which they're going to play their self-titled in its entirety. Hoping for something a bit closer to me. :pray:

Yeah that's what I think they may be doing. Tickets were pretty cheap too, only $79 NZD.

rosssigfinal.jpg

HOT DAMN QOTSA is playing in LA, hour drive for me. Hopefully I can afford tickets when they're on sale.

Also, The Finnish Metal Tour last Thursday was pretty [bleep]ing awesome. People passing around giant blow-up dolls as beach balls and nerf swords in the mosh pit. Unfortunately I managed to run into the same neckbeard from the Blind Guardian show 2 months ago, and he was just as annoying and smelly as ever. But oh well.