Jagex announces the most challenging quest to date.

Zox

When they said leave no stone unturned, I instantly thought of the stones outside of fally. It would be neat if they had something to do with it. And what is the stone of jas?

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was 1 word that could easily have been missed when Jagex released "Land of the Goblins" and if it wasn't missed, it might not have been understood. Jagex said that it was the penultimate quest in the cave goblin series. That means there will be one and ONLY one more. It is the first time that I can remember that Jagex said something definite about the length of a series like that. This, and the Lucien follower in the Dorgesh-Kaan agility course leads me to believe that this epic quest will be the last in the cave goblin series, possibly unlocking the soul altar and tying in with the mysterious Stone of Jas. And just because it unlocks the soul altar doesn't mean it will need level 80+ runecrafting, just as ME2 (which unlocked the death altar) did not need 65 runecrafting.

As for people talking about the hidden doors like the GE door, the Mithril Door, and the Frozen Door, I very much doubt that these will be involved in the quest. Why? When the runecrafting guild came out, I swore that if there was another locked door that I would stop concerning myself with any of them, because the sheer quantity means to me that they represent nothing but Jagex messing with us. Well guess what, there WAS a hidden door in the Runecrafting guild! So I'm now completely convinced that there's nothing planned for any of the trap doors, and that they're just an inside joke from Jagex.

And finally, to the people that have high level requirements as their only requirement, consider this:

[hide="Epic" quest with high level requirements]1. Some guy needs your help to stop some evil thing from coming through by gathering ingredients for a potion.

2. He gives you a special seed which you need to grow and pick (80 farming)

3. You need to catch a special fish for the second ingredient for the potion (95 fishing)

4. You need to make a special bowl for the potion out of a special ore (87 smithing and mining)

5. Mixing the potion together requires 90 herblore

6. You need to take the potion a monk who lives in a dungeon (92 agility to go inside it) and get it blessed (82 prayer required)

7. When you return you find the guy who needed your help is taken to a prison and you must pick lock the door (86 thieving) to get him out

8. You and the guy go to a ceremonial site and use the potion on some altar or something, and it stops the evil from coming through

Quest complete! Your reward? 20k xp in each of the skills, 10k gp, a special weapon that you would only use if you can't afford a whip, god sword, or sara sword, and the ability to mine the special ore and sell it to the guy who needed your help for 1k gp each.[/hide]

Doesn't that sound like an AWESOME quest?

I'm guessing the reqs. will be in the mid 70's, it seems a stupid idea having a quest a very small population of RS can do over a level.

Jagex will be a bit stupid to put in a req that is 80+. Sure, I'd like it,but what can you do.

Hope there is a nice quest point req although. 225 quest points seems like it. It depends on how many quest points they are, how many was there when RFD was out? 200?

no, the new quest is:

"The Longest Hardest Quest Ever"

Requirements: 99 Slayer, 99 Smithing, 99 Herblore, 99 Agility.

Start Location: Varrock

1. Talk to romeo

2. Recieve 10Gp

3. Quest complete.

4. You gain 1 Qp.

u3h.png

There was 1 word that could easily have been missed when Jagex released "Land of the Goblins" and if it wasn't missed, it might not have been understood. Jagex said that it was the penultimate quest in the cave goblin series. That means there will be one and ONLY one more. It is the first time that I can remember that Jagex said something definite about the length of a series like that. This, and the Lucien follower in the Dorgesh-Kaan agility course leads me to believe that this epic quest will be the last in the cave goblin series, possibly unlocking the soul altar and tying in with the mysterious Stone of Jas. And just because it unlocks the soul altar doesn't mean it will need level 80+ runecrafting, just as ME2 (which unlocked the death altar) did not need 65 runecrafting.

As for people talking about the hidden doors like the GE door, the Mithril Door, and the Frozen Door, I very much doubt that these will be involved in the quest. Why? When the runecrafting guild came out, I swore that if there was another locked door that I would stop concerning myself with any of them, because the sheer quantity means to me that they represent nothing but Jagex messing with us. Well guess what, there WAS a hidden door in the Runecrafting guild! So I'm now completely convinced that there's nothing planned for any of the trap doors, and that they're just an inside joke from Jagex.

I saw the "penultimate", but I don't think that an EPIC quest would be the completion of a series; it seems more likely to be a sequel to a little-known quest, like Cook's Assistant. Or, it has reqs for further on in a series, but doesn't advance their storyline much, like Legend's reqqing Underground Pass. Consider: did Legend's quest advance ANY storylines? Did RFD advance ANY storylines? Not really. Additionally, there is a clear-set plotline for the next quest; it involves freeing Zanik from the box. Is that related to Lucien's followers in Dorkesh-kaan? Not really. Finally, the blood altar fits with the vampire series. The death altar fits with the plague series. But the soul altar doesn't really fit with the Dorgesh-kaan series. I would put it in either the Glouphrie series (anima mundi = soul of the world) or the Scabarite series (the latest altars seem to be on extremeties of the map).

On the trapdoor point: I agree. Has there been ANY hidden door or trapdoor like that which has been opened? If so, has it opened in a quest? Hmm? I didn't think so. (I love hypothetical arguments without somebody responding; you can pretend that facts you don't remember don't exist. :thumbsup: ) So no, it won't grow out of a trapdoor or mithril door or frozen door or something like that.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Thanks for reminding me of the locked doors and the God Wars Psycho_Robot :thumbsup:

[hide=The Nearly Conclusive List Of Everything That Will Be Involved In The Hardest Quest Ever]It will probably be a quest which involves:

•  
    [*:121qse0e]Black Knights

[*:121qse0e]White Knights

[*:121qse0e]Vampyres

[*:121qse0e]Elves

[*:121qse0e]Dwarves

[*:121qse0e]Penguins

[*:121qse0e]Monkeys

[*:121qse0e]Pirates

[*:121qse0e]Trolls

[*:121qse0e]Ogres

[*:121qse0e]The Dorgeshuun

[*:121qse0e]Everybody Named Ali

[*:121qse0e]HAM

[*:121qse0e]Squirrels

[*:121qse0e]The Barrow Brothers In Their Current Form

[*:121qse0e]The Barrow Brothers In Their Past Form

[*:121qse0e]The Mahjarrat

[*:121qse0e]The Myreque

[*:121qse0e]Sheep

[*:121qse0e]3 New Ways To Shear Those Sheep

[*:121qse0e]More Squirrels

[*:121qse0e]Fairies

[*:121qse0e]Monks

[*:121qse0e]Imps

[*:121qse0e]Even More Squirrels

[*:121qse0e]Elvarg's Son

[*:121qse0e]Elvarg's Daughter

[*:121qse0e]Elvarg's Mother-In-Law

[*:121qse0e]All The Ghosts In RS Forming Together To Create 1 GIANT GHOST! MWUHAHAHA!

[*:121qse0e]Sophanem And Menaphos

[*:121qse0e]The Kudos Island

[*:121qse0e]The Past

[*:121qse0e]The Future

[*:121qse0e]The Sprit Realm

[*:121qse0e]7 Other Alternative Realms That Are Created Purely For This Quest And Will Never Be Used Again

[*:121qse0e]LOT'S OF SQUIRRELS!

[*:121qse0e]Every Door In RS That Not Yet Open And Are Therefore Locked

[*:121qse0e]Every Single God, Including The Elven God Seren, The Goblin God And Zaros Who Will Be Resurrected By Lucien.

[*:121qse0e]And Finally: The Squirrels Takes Over, Revealing That Everything Was Part Of A Squirrel Master plan.

[/hide]

koen9qy.png

[hide=The Nearly Conclusive List Of Everything That Will Be Involved In The Hardest Quest Ever]It will probably be a quest which involves:

•  
    [*:4hluvj80]Black Knights

[*:4hluvj80]White Knights

[*:4hluvj80]Vampyres

[*:4hluvj80]Elves

[*:4hluvj80]Dwarves

[*:4hluvj80]Penguins

[*:4hluvj80]Monkeys

[*:4hluvj80]Pirates

[*:4hluvj80]Trolls

[*:4hluvj80]Ogres

[*:4hluvj80]The Dorgeshuun

[*:4hluvj80]Everybody Named Ali

[*:4hluvj80]HAM

[*:4hluvj80]Squirrels

[*:4hluvj80]The Barrow Brothers In Their Current Form

[*:4hluvj80]The Barrow Brothers In Their Past Form

[*:4hluvj80]The Mahjarrat

[*:4hluvj80]The Myreque

[*:4hluvj80]Sheep

[*:4hluvj80]3 New Ways To Shear Those Sheep

[*:4hluvj80]More Squirrels

[*:4hluvj80]Fairies

[*:4hluvj80]Monks

[*:4hluvj80]Imps

[*:4hluvj80]Even More Squirrels

[*:4hluvj80]Elvarg's Son

[*:4hluvj80]Elvarg's Daughter

[*:4hluvj80]Elvarg's Mother-In-Law

[*:4hluvj80]All The Ghosts In RS Forming Together To Create 1 GIANT GHOST! MWUHAHAHA!

[*:4hluvj80]Sophanem And Menaphos

[*:4hluvj80]The Kudos Island

[*:4hluvj80]The Past

[*:4hluvj80]The Future

[*:4hluvj80]The Sprit Realm

[*:4hluvj80]7 Other Alternative Realms That Are Created Purely For This Quest And Will Never Be Used Again

[*:4hluvj80]LOT'S OF SQUIRRELS!

[*:4hluvj80]Every Door In RS That Not Yet Open And Are Therefore Locked

[*:4hluvj80]Every Single God, Including The Elven God Seren, The Goblin God And Zaros Who Will Be Resurrected By Lucien.

[*:4hluvj80]And Finally: The Squirrels Takes Over, Revealing That Everything Was Part Of A Squirrel Master plan.

[*:4hluvj80]Bob the Cat

[*:4hluvj80]Burthrope

[*:4hluvj80]Dragons

[*:4hluvj80]Dragonkin

[*:4hluvj80]Culinaromancer (he's not dead yet!)

[*:4hluvj80]Those panels under the Tower of Life

[/hide]

Updated it for ya ;)

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I'm almost certain it's about Stone of Jas.

What IS the Stone of Jas?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

If I remember right it was talked about in depth in the Meeting History quest. Its the stone from which all runecrafting altars came from.

So we could 'make' a soul altar if we got control of that stone? Looks fun.

Hope there is a nice quest point req although. 225 quest points seems like it. It depends on how many quest points they are, how many was there when RFD was out? 200?

Pretty certain it is 176...

Avid43.png

If I remember right it was talked about in depth in the Meeting History quest. Its the stone from which all runecrafting altars came from.

So we could 'make' a soul altar if we got control of that stone? Looks fun.

Soul altar in Varrok bank ftw.

Anyway...Requiem, there already was a sequel to the Cook's Assistant quest, you're about two years too late on that joke.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And finally, to the people that have high level requirements as their only requirement, consider this:

[hide="Epic" quest with high level requirements]1. Some guy needs your help to stop some evil thing from coming through by gathering ingredients for a potion.

2. He gives you a special seed which you need to grow and pick (80 farming)

3. You need to catch a special fish for the second ingredient for the potion (95 fishing)

4. You need to make a special bowl for the potion out of a special ore (87 smithing and mining)

5. Mixing the potion together requires 90 herblore

6. You need to take the potion a monk who lives in a dungeon (92 agility to go inside it) and get it blessed (82 prayer required)

7. When you return you find the guy who needed your help is taken to a prison and you must pick lock the door (86 thieving) to get him out

8. You and the guy go to a ceremonial site and use the potion on some altar or something, and it stops the evil from coming through

Quest complete! Your reward? 20k xp in each of the skills, 10k gp, a special weapon that you would only use if you can't afford a whip, god sword, or sara sword, and the ability to mine the special ore and sell it to the guy who needed your help for 1k gp each.[/hide]

Doesn't that sound like an AWESOME quest?

sounds good but i would like to se summonign requirments or construction

maybe summon a special beast to help in the final fight and you have to build a bridge alogn the way to the monk ::'

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I think challenging can be taken not just as skill-heavy, but possibly involving literal challenges. I'm hoping for some good puzzles and maybe some reflex trials of some sort.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

i really dont think the requirements will be that high.

i think this will be the first quest to break level 70 requirements(not counting rfd's cooking)

i can see 70 in harder skills(agil smith, prayer, minning) and low 70's in easyier skills

Y_Z.png

I think challenging can be taken not just as skill-heavy, but possibly involving literal challenges. I'm hoping for some good puzzles and maybe some reflex trials of some sort.

rubik's cube! (yeah I know the chances are lower than 0 that jagex will ever create somethign so "difficult" to solve..)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I personally believe that the quest will be 1 of 2 possibilities:

1: Mourning's end pt3 (or what it will be called). Because those quests became harder and harder and suddently they made a very long break... it would be about time the came up with it :P also Mourning's end pt2 is one of the hardest (in my opinion the hardest) quests around... I believe it is rather likelly that Jagex makes the biggest quest ever a secual to an already big quest...

2: the other possibility is that it wont be a sequal quest at all... Maybe it will be both the first and the last in a storyline...

But then again those are just my ideas :P

Here is a crazy long shot, what is Mysterious Old Man made an appearence?

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

well as long is its not anything to do with mournings end part 2 or somethin as hard as that then i'm happy but i'll be lookin forward to it

A wise man once said if we are all gods children then whats so special about jesus

I really hope they got some 80 or even 90+ skills needed, I love when I have to train skills for a quest, it gives me a reason to do it

I seriously doubt that they would make a requirement over 80, but that's just my opinion.

A hard quest for a change actually sounds nice, that is except for all of us who are too lazy to get any 99s and will be stuck with rubbish capes for a bit loger than usually....damn molten cheese cape...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20