PK Anywhere: A Skiller's Dream Come True

NukeMarine

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High danger with items dropped on death.

Option two is more probably right.

Should we start speculating how much these items are going to go up in price?

•  
    [*:rapm1gl3]Barrows: ahrim's, dharok's, verac's, torag's

[*:rapm1gl3]Slayer: dark bow, whip, dragon and rune boots

[*:rapm1gl3]GWD: Godswords, bandos armor, maybe even armadyl?

[*:rapm1gl3]Consumables: super sets, prayer and restore potions, sare brews, sharks, swordfish, combat runes

[*:rapm1gl3]Useful pvp summoning pouches and scrolls: bunyip, unicorn, titans

[*:rapm1gl3]F2P pking equipment: full rune, green d'hide sets, addy arrows, power amulets (lol)

I think barrows, slayer and gwd items will go up even as much as 10-20% :pray:

High danger with items dropped on death.

Option two is more probably right.

Should we start speculating how much these items are going to go up in price?

•  
    [*:2rts1vdg]Barrows: ahrim's, dharok's, verac's, torag's

[*:2rts1vdg]Slayer: dark bow, whip, dragon and rune boots

[*:2rts1vdg]GWD: Godswords, bandos armor, maybe even armadyl?

[*:2rts1vdg]Consumables: super sets, prayer and restore potions, sare brews, sharks, swordfish, combat runes

[*:2rts1vdg]Useful pvp summoning pouches and scrolls: bunyip, unicorn, titans

[*:2rts1vdg]F2P pking equipment: full rune, green d'hide sets, addy arrows, power amulets (lol)

I think barrows, slayer and gwd items will go up even as much as 10-20% :pray:

don't know if you've seen it but super attack gone up 150gp a piece

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

there is also the fact that people who are good friends will be ko'in each others in order to get the unique items if it is proven to actually be worth it :).. i know my brother and i will finally be able to give each other stuff in a way. which i could imagine would also stimulate rwt with unique items. again all of this is Dependant on how good the drops and such are. id say the best way would be how the anchor used to work, where it dropped cash for it. but you know its not gonna happen because of the obvious rwt implications.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

*rushes to fish ANOTHER 100k Monks for later*

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

there is also the fact that people who are good friends will be ko'in each others in order to get the unique items if it is proven to actually be worth it :).. i know my brother and i will finally be able to give each other stuff in a way. which i could imagine would also stimulate rwt with unique items. again all of this is Dependant on how good the drops and such are. id say the best way would be how the anchor used to work, where it dropped cash for it. but you know its not gonna happen because of the obvious rwt implications.

I doubt that you get drops like that...

If I have to believe Jagex, then the very hard to get super cool, or even semi-cool items are a rare once-in-a-while bonus, and you can only aquire these with the most amazing of PK's, aka, you are armed, dangerous and fighting back...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

lmao cooking(the most lame 99 to get) it going to break even again instead of the reasonable 15mil loss it got now... better start stocking up on lobs to merch :ugeek:

I might have missed the point in what you and the topic starter said. But I thought the point the topic starter made had to do with amount of common items are going to decrease when the new PKing is released, and therefore skillers are needed again to replace that.

I however don't see a reason why we need so many more lobsters. I mean, they will go down in amounts just as much as with the former way of PKing. Back then lobsters were lost at a high rate too, as the looter usually didn't really pick them up. Get my point? :s :P

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Let' me reel in my statement a bit. Really I'm just saying armor and weapons will now become perishable items. This benefits smithing. Food and potions will go up in use, bringing about a boost to fishing/cooking/herblore/farming. However, fish comes into the economy so quick, I doubt even pk anywhere will help it that much.

What we cannot predict is how big a drain to items this will ulitmately become. Are players willing to risk losing millions in armor and weapons to get the edge on another player (also wearing millions) to get the "impressive kill" factor up high enough for a decent drop? How fast will Rune Armor get depleted on free servers?

This still looks like the biggest update since the GE/RWT changes. Yeah, the graphic change seemed big, but that was still cosmetics. It did not alter the way I really approached the game. PK anywhere will.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I doubt that you get drops like that...

If I have to believe Jagex, then the very hard to get super cool, or even semi-cool items are a rare once-in-a-while bonus, and you can only aquire these with the most amazing of PK's, aka, you are armed, dangerous and fighting back...

a ko by ice blitz and ddping while using smite would definently look like a spectacular kill. thats really one of the best pking tactics ive ever used because while they protect from mage you decimate with smite and ddp :)

but again thats more of a jumping pk

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Be a man and use a Dark Bow with Dragon Arrows p++ :)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Just wondering, will Jagex Maybe make worlds that are for different lvls?

AKA:World 190 for 10-30 World 191 for 30-50 and otherwise so people low lovels have no chance of some lvl 138 coming p and crashing their fun.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

Just wondering, will Jagex Maybe make worlds that are for different lvls?

AKA:World 190 for 10-30 World 191 for 30-50 and otherwise so people low lovels have no chance of some lvl 138 coming p and crashing their fun.

I believe Jagex said that only people close to your level could attack you. (Like pre-wild rs)

I actually never thought about that. You're probably right, but we'll never be too sure until it is actually released and we see for ourselves.

I actually think it's a pretty sure thing that lobs, sharks, pots, etc. will all go up.

And I think people will start realizing this before the PVP worlds are released, and we'll see a steady climb right before they skyrocket. I'd buy now...

cheapshot_u.png

www.thewaythetruth.com

xSog Bagetx

Jagex said loss of items on death, which makes me assumed there will NOT be gravestones, and i seriously hope there will not be.

I hope there are still gravestones. I'd hate to think someone accidently died (from a monster) and his friends couldn't protect the items via blessing just because you happen to be on a PK anywhere server.

Granted, if it's hard death with a random drop, that still works. No one will be going to many boss fights on those servers.

As for the one that said different level servers, I doubt that. PK anywhere will have levels of wilderness everywhere is all. Further from safe spots, the more people outside your combat level that are able to attack you.

HOPEFULLY, the wilderness will have zero level restrictions. Imagine a free for all battle there?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

This really is something that will be a dream come true for skillers. There will be f2p pk'ing servers, and most f2p pk'ers use rune scims, and many use rune armour. This will majorly help the smithing market, which has been in a huge slump, and will equally help the mining market, because of the increase in smithy's. Lobster, Monkfish, and Shark prices will jump, which in turn will benefit the fishing market. Herblaw is in the dumps right now, and is insanely expensive to train. Pk'ing will bring in the need of super sets, and prayer pots. Depending on how good the system is, herblaw could very well be profitable again. And you can't forget about nature runes. People used to buy masses of the to train up mage for pk'ing, which'll help restore runecrafting to it's previous money-making glory. We'll also see blood runes go back to there normal prices. Right now, they are close to the same price as death runes, and so peeps will start off using those. But there is a much lower supply of blood runes, and with more demand, they'll go up in price. These are just some of the ways it'll help also.

lightningsig-1.jpg

Jagex said loss of items on death, which makes me assumed there will NOT be gravestones, and i seriously hope there will not be.

I hope there are still gravestones. I'd hate to think someone accidently died (from a monster) and his friends couldn't protect the items via blessing just because you happen to be on a PK anywhere server.

You're going on a server where you can get killed by every other player on it... I think dying accidently form a monster isnt much of a problem, and if you did, then kudos for being the one person who managed it that day...

That said, gravestones should be allowed... But I should also be able to whack that person, should he come near his gravestone trying to retrieve his stuff...

This is th eonly way the 'economy' can pick up again... People need to lose their stuff more often :) (not me of course)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

You're going on a server where you can get killed by every other player on it... I think dying accidently form a monster isnt much of a problem, and if you did, then kudos for being the one person who managed it that day...

That said, gravestones should be allowed... But I should also be able to whack that person, should he come near his gravestone trying to retrieve his stuff...

This is th eonly way the 'economy' can pick up again... People need to lose their stuff more often :) (not me of course)

Oh, of course you can camp out a gravestone in the hopes some moron will come to get their stuff. Naturally you'd wait UNTIL they get their items, right?

For the person worrying about friends killing each other to get rare drops. It'd be interesting if Jagex allows staged kills. I think they will for the main theme of this thread. You're gonna lose MUCH, MUCH more in items trying to increase the "remarkable kill" factor. Oddly enough, I think that'll be another use of the "junk" items. Pk'rs becoming the ultimate money sink. Who'd of thunk it.

nukemarine.png

PKers are happy, Skillers are happy, & I get to try PKing for the first time. :thumbsup:

Everybody is happy (except for the merchants.).

I think this tread would have to change the title to "PK Anywhere: A Skiller's NIGHTMARE Come True".

All the problems of runescape comed out from that little area known as "wild".

In a single update Jagex kicked away bots, rule-breakers, scammers, lures, and others trouble-makers.

An update that, according to Andrew, could have been done with a couple of lines of code.

An update that was not made to solve the problems, but due to a bank jussue. Rwters running in help of players with a huge need of money were using stolen credit cards. Refunds were costing Jagex too much.

This conferms the teory that all runescape problems were happening with Jagex complicity.

The update was surely hurried up, and most of the programming time was used to build a pkers playground replacement, the Bouthy Hunter.

Was clear, even from beginning, that leaving player to collect the drop of another was a nice place where to transfer money.

Even "clean" player used it to bypass the trade limits to share a good drop. Some even confessing it candidly in forums.

Everything happening under the closed eyes of jagex "monitoring every death in BH" as not even a single little blackmark was applied to those people in eight months.

On normal markets the junk trade system allows merchant to fluorish again, now happy also with the new "renting" system (Jagex: that is not really what we wanted to add to the game.. well... ops").

Now the new future PvP. Whole worlds dedicated to Pking. I have been reading what Jagex promises, and what Pkers want. The only sure thing is that they will get ravenous. The second sure think is that there will be thousands of new ways to abuse of the system. And hey will do it scientifically.

Is there out any skiller who really belive the new pking system will bring them some money? If Pkers will be able to make wealth there will be millions of bots all around to gave them the supplies they need at no or low cost. And with the market made global any good source of income that still exist will be destroyed.

Skillers will have less world where to gather resources. And what worse they will not have updates. Without PvP there was an hope that the better axe will have a special more useful of a magic drain... Now Pkers will get as always all the best updates.

The new PVP idea is a nightmare not a dream. Fight it till you can.

Is there out any skiller who really belive the new pking system will bring them some money? If Pkers will be able to make wealth there will be millions of bots all around to gave them the supplies they need at no or low cost. And with the market made global any good source of income that still exist will be destroyed.

Skillers will have less world where to gather resources. And what worse they will not have updates. Without PvP there was an hope that the better axe will have a special more useful of a magic drain... Now Pkers will get as always all the best updates.

The new PVP idea is a nightmare not a dream. Fight it till you can.

There aren't going to be millions of bots around, you have absolutely no idea what your'e talking about. Yes, the prices will rise when pkers rejoin and go back to beating each other senselessly, as the demand for potions food and runes will skyrocket. At no or low cost? Have you not noticed that the "masses of bots" are gone? The bots were not here to supply players, they were here to make money to sell to players for real cash. Why the hell would a company set up bots to satisfy pkers? Nice doomsaying on the "any source of income will be destroyed", it just added to you looking like an uninformed fool.

What a stupid, ignorant comment to make, completely destroyed any of your credibility. Pking didn't stop any updates, and Jagex isn't going to stop giving skillers updates with the introduction of pvp worlds.

Jagex has said nothing about using current worlds for pvp only worlds, you're making things up to use as your evidence. "Pkers always get the best updates", cry about it more, baby.

Looks like a few people, like Atta, will be happy that they got their Pker binkie back, so they can cry and whine when anything they don't like happens, that it's the pkers fault.

Tl;Dr: One giant facepalm.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png