Are you neurotic?

cadburys_egg

So what quirks, strange behaviour or odd habits do you have?

I have a few, and im sure if I told some sort of professional id be diagnosed with something, but here they are anyway;

1. [*:49dasdrk]Cracking knuckles - Whenever im not particularly doing something important with my hands, and sometimes if I am, I have to crack my knuckles. After a while my knuckles begin to feel stale or I begin to feel them locking up a bit so I crack them to sort of 'refresh' them. Same goes for joints like wrists, ankles etc. And I really hate that feeling when you just need to crack a joint to make it feel better because I never can quite get there and it really irritates me until I forget.

[*:49dasdrk]My right hand must have something in it - I feel uncomfortable if there isnt something in my right hand or im not doing something with it. I have loads of knick-knacks on my desk which I pick up and fiddle with if im watching something or not using it. Same goes if I go out, I keep my hand in my pocket and hold onto whatevers in there and if I need to take it out I keep it in my other hand like im maniacally rubbing them together. My right hand also seems to soften and loosen up should I put a computer mouse or game controller in it - I think it has an affection for technology.

[*:49dasdrk]Fidgeting to choreographing - Similiar to my right hand I tend to fidget a lot. I bob my right leg uncontrollably if it isnt crossed and sometimes when it is. And when nothing particularly is holding my attention I look around the room im in (or general area if im outside) and assess it for a major disaster happening such as terrorists bursting through the window. Ill then choreograph a scene in my head about how id fight them off - like flipping tables up, diving for cover, possible weapons - and what orders id give to everyone else around me. This also makes me slightly panic if I enter a completely bare room.

[*:49dasdrk]Counting letters - Whenever I read/hear words I count and spell them like if I was looking at a keyboard. For instance 'port' would be 'p151' since O is 1 from P, R is 5 from O and T is 1 from R. But if the word goes onto the next row of letters I say that letter and count from there so 'load' would be 'loa2'. I do it mostly with long words and try to make it so that each line has the same number of letters on it or so they make an equation going up or down. For instance 'wanted' would be 'want2d' but it has 3 on the top row, 2 on the middle and 1 on the bottom so I can do 3-2=1 or 1+2=3. Its really infuriating if I hear a long word because ill have to do it to see if it makes something interesting.

[*:49dasdrk]Must have music - I always have music playing where ever I am. If I go out I put my MP3 player on, even if only silently, and always sing quietly to the song. If I dont because im in a class or something I will begin singing and strumming or drumming to the song in my head. As a result I have to keep my mind off it and concentrate if I dont hear any music playing.

[*:49dasdrk]Framing - If I look out of a window and see a building or some object outside that isnt quite perfectly framed I move my head around until it fits perfectly. So if I look out and see a building but I cant quite see the roof of it, I lower my head until its all framed.

[*:49dasdrk]Counting Steps - Whenever I walk from a place to place, no matter the distance, I tend to keep a mental record of how many steps it took me to walk there. So if im walking from school back to my house (~5 minute slowish walk), even while talking and listening to music, ill keep a note of how many steps I took and always try to end it on an even number or even better if it ends in a 0. Though it gets disrupted when I walk through a doorway/gateway, so I cant do it throughout a building or somewhere thats divided up.

[*:49dasdrk]Evening it out - Whatever im doing I have to do things evenly, like with my steps. If im eating a meal and lets say there are 3 parts; meat, potatoes and vegetables - I have to eat each piece atleast once before going to the same bit again. This leaves huge dilemmas when I have substantially less of one thing than the others as I sit there devising a way I can even it all out. If I ever push buttons on a menu for whatever (game/microwave) I also must press an even amount, whether I need to or not. So if I need to heat something for 30 seconds ill press cancel-heat-10s-10s-10s-start.

Im sure theres more I forgot to mention, but theres a short insight into my paranoia-filled life.

knkcopy.jpg

I have to eat small candies in 3 groups of 3 at a time. I constantly count the letters on a page/what someone said and make sure there's an even amount. (periods and pressing count since I use an imaginary keyboard to type them on.) Whenever I walk, my steps have to be of even pressure in my head. I need to have a tv on when I'm working and canNOT have music playing as a substitute. I also frequently add up calculations in my head for no reason.

I'm glad I don't have OCD where I HAVE to go back and repeat something if I don't find it right. If I happen to step wrong, I just press harder on the other foot the next time.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I have to have everything at a 3, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 amount. I don't know why.

That must suck when you want a snack or something. "Hey, what do you want to eat? My shout." "Uh, just three pizzas, thanks."

Anyway, I have quite a lot of quirky habits and such. Three main ones I've noticed are as follows:

- When I walk, I either have to be playing with something with my hands, or I have to hold up my left arm. I can't have it hanging by my side. Assuming I don't have something to play with, and I'm holding my arm up, I generally have my wrist kind of aimed downwards, hanging. My pinky, ring, and middle fingers are all relaxed, but my index finger and thumb press against each other to form a circle. As well as this, I tend to walk with my chest pushed out, my right arm swinging by my side, and my right-hand fingers stretched like those of a Thai dancer. The end result is me looking very.. queer.

- I almost always have to have music on. And when I can't have it on, I'm generally playing something in my head, either my own, or a song I like. This results in a lot of finger-tapping, foot-banging, and teeth-grinding, to make the music more realistic in my mind. There are exceptions to this rule, however; such as exams.

- I have a lot of habits in terms of eating. Such as, I have to eat food from the things I like the least to the things I like the most. I also have to eat the filling of a pie first, and then eat the crust, unless I happen to know that the crust won't be nice. Few other things like that.

I used to have a lot more quirky habits and obsessions, but I tried and succeeded in eliminating those that were detrimental to my functioning. Things like pointless obsessions of having to close the door just right (and therefore closing it at least 10 times) that just waste time, and can end up developing into full-blown OCD.

Cool.

I have a few, and im sure if I told some sort of professional id be diagnosed with something, but here they are anyway;

Cracking knuckles - Whenever im not particularly doing something important with my hands, and sometimes if I am, I have to crack my knuckles. After a while my knuckles begin to feel stale or I begin to feel them locking up a bit so I crack them to sort of 'refresh' them. Same goes for joints like wrists, ankles etc. And I really hate that feeling when you just need to crack a joint to make it feel better because I never can quite get there and it really irritates me until I forget.

Fidgeting to choreographing - Similiar to my right hand I tend to fidget a lot. I bob my right leg uncontrollably if it isnt crossed and sometimes when it is. And when nothing particularly is holding my attention I look around the room im in (or general area if im outside) and assess it for a major disaster happening such as terrorists bursting through the window. Ill then choreograph a scene in my head about how id fight them off - like flipping tables up, diving for cover, possible weapons - and what orders id give to everyone else around me. This also makes me slightly panic if I enter a completely bare room.

Must have music - I always have music playing where ever I am. If I go out I put my MP3 player on, even if only silently, and always sing quietly to the song. If I dont because im in a class or something I will begin singing and strumming or drumming to the song in my head. As a result I have to keep my mind off it and concentrate if I dont hear any music playing.

Framing - If I look out of a window and see a building or some object outside that isnt quite perfectly framed I move my head around until it fits perfectly. So if I look out and see a building but I cant quite see the roof of it, I lower my head until its all framed.

Counting Steps - Whenever I walk from a place to place, no matter the distance, I tend to keep a mental record of how many steps it took me to walk there. So if im walking from school back to my house (~5 minute slowish walk), even while talking and listening to music, ill keep a note of how many steps I took and always try to end it on an even number or even better if it ends in a 0. Though it gets disrupted when I walk through a doorway/gateway, so I cant do it throughout a building or somewhere thats divided up.

- I almost always have to have music on. And when I can't have it on, I'm generally playing something in my head, either my own, or a song I like. This results in a lot of finger-tapping, foot-banging, and teeth-grinding, to make the music more realistic in my mind. There are exceptions to this rule, however; such as exams.

This is me in a nutshell :thumbup:

wl7w9j.png

Isn't this like the fifth topic on this? The other ones are probably dead though. -.-

When I eat M&M's or Skittles, I count how many of each color there are (In my head). Then I eat them in a certain order (Depends), until there are the same number of each. Then I'll eat them in a pattern, such as red, yellow, green, red, yellow, green, etc.

I crack a lot of joints, all the time. Especially my left thumb, left knee, and right big toe.

I push up my glasses with the sides of my left middle and index fingers.

I do the bed thing as well (No, not THAT), as in what Tripsis said.

Whenever I play Brawl, the volume is at 8. Always.

Otherwise, it must be on a composite number. The only prime numbers I sometimes allow are 2 and 5.

I rarely have anything in a prime number, once again with the exclusion of 2 and 5. Seven is THE evil number.

I can't leave a Rubik's Cube unfinished.

I center things a lot, or put things in an exact corner. For example, at school, I'd put my notebook either in the exact top right corner of my desk, or in the center.

During the school year, I had my binders in my backpack in an exact order, all the time except when they were out.

When watching DVDs, I rewind, rewind, and rewind some more until I hear and understand every single word. Likewise with books, I read every single word somewhat carefully.

When I read, I often type out the words on an imaginary keyboard.

And I'm sure I have more. Basically, I'm really paranoid. I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm always double checking, and looking over my shoulder.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Whenever I read a book and come to an intriguing, frightening, or somewhat captivating situation, I quickly jump back to read the last (uninteresting) lines before, just to tease myself, then move on... I don't know why the hell I do this.

I always have to have the glasses of my glasses (wow wtf, that come out weird) crystal clean, I hate when there are marks/little stuff on it.

When eating, I always eat the crappier things on my plate, then move onto the food I like more, as if I was rewarding myself.

Whenever I'm going to do something enjoyable that I don't do often (have a good meal at a restaurant, watch a movie I'm really interested in, etc.) I have to go to the bathroom, settle myself with pillows, whatever, so I can indulge in the particular activity without any distractions.

rickastleywh7.png

I used to do the evening out thing too except worse. When I itched my right ear, I felt weird until I itched my left one too. For some reason I just forgot about it one day and stopped.

1. [*]
Cracking knuckles - Whenever im not particularly doing something important with my hands, and sometimes if I am, I have to crack my knuckles. After a while my knuckles begin to feel stale or I begin to feel them locking up a bit so I crack them to sort of 'refresh' them. Same goes for joints like wrists, ankles etc. And I really hate that feeling when you just need to crack a joint to make it feel better because I never can quite get there and it really irritates me until I forget.

[*]Fidgeting to choreographing - Similiar to my right hand I tend to fidget a lot. I bob my right leg uncontrollably if it isnt crossed and sometimes when it is. And when nothing particularly is holding my attention I look around the room im in (or general area if im outside) and assess it for a major disaster happening such as terrorists bursting through the window. Ill then choreograph a scene in my head about how id fight them off - like flipping tables up, diving for cover, possible weapons - and what orders id give to everyone else around me. This also makes me slightly panic if I enter a completely bare room.

I do these two. I also must have TV/radio volume on a multiple of 5, twist my fingers around my hand when I'm doing nothing or I'm nervous, and fold my ears inside of themselves. Hard to describe that one accurately, though.

I also have some form of music stuck in my head at all times, no exceptions, whether it be actual music or just some patterned beat.

And of course the actual paranoid tendencies I have, which I've mentioned multiple times before.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

im a little ocd. i usually have to do things in sets of 4, or else it just doesnt seem right.

if something is crooked and i dont fix it immediately it will bother me until i fix it.

there are a myriad of other little quirks, but i bet i dont even notice half of them.

1. I feel like I have physical, rather than a mental case of ADD. Even if it's just a muscle, I have to keep some part of my body moving/fidgeting at all times. It's a challenge to be conscious that I'm perfectly still and see how long I can go without moving any muscle.

2. When walking on surfaces with any divisions (cracks, tiles, etc), I try to only step in each tile or shape made by cracks once per step.

2. When walking on surfaces with any divisions (cracks, tiles, etc), I try to only step in each tile or shape made by cracks once per step.

Oh man I hate that. If I miss one, I feel this strange feeling of dissatisfaction in the pit of my stomach. :oops:

If i touch one eye, i have to touch the other, same with nostrils and hair :shock:

Also, i always put toilet paper down on the seat and some in the bowl to avoid splashback, and incase my skin touches where someone elses skin has touched. :oops:

One more thing, i wash my hands after ANYTHING. They always have to feel clear and smell of soap.

When does Neurotic cross over into OCD?

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

1. I can't seem to be able to step on the white tiles at the mall (there are light brown, an even lighter brown, and white types of tiles)

2. Atleast on part of me has to be moving.

3. I can't sit in one position for too long.

i always put toilet paper down on the seat and some in the bowl to avoid splashback

Everytime I get splashback from the toilet, a part of me dies.

Whenever i got splashback my anus has never recovered and always felt unclean.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

One more thing, i wash my hands after ANYTHING. They always have to feel clear and smell of soap.

I do this a lot.I've come to the point where I don't need soap though,economic factor.Next step is for me to realise spit is clean,and use that to wash when far from toilets.Life is hard,huh?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I crack my knuckles almost constantly, even to the point where I'm basically just twisting my fingers around until something happens. I'm always tapping my feet or my fingers, just for something to do, I chew the skin around my fingernails, and I repeat everything I say in my head, just to see if there was a way I could've improved upon it or something. Though it's kind of embarrassing, since I need to mouth the words as well. :oops:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

if i do something with my right hand, lets say just rotate the wrist, i'll do it with my left too. then ill start with my left and do it with my right.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.