Garunteed poll phoenix? Did JaGex forget?

wackoredhead

Remeber when a back a few month's, their was a garunteed poll for a new summon and the Pheonix won. Now almost 6 month's later nothing. I know they got alot on there plate with the new PVP world's, massive quest, and all the little updates in between but, it's one summon that I would be interested to see after all is said and done.

But post when and maybe how or where it will be realeased?

Sorry :-# i thought the poll was in late february so that's about half a year.

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

Remeber when a back a few month's, their was a garunteed poll for a new summon and the Pheonix won. Now almost 6 month's later nothing. I know they got alot on there plate with the new PVP world's, massive quest, and all the little updates in between but, it's one summon that I would be interested to see after all is said and done.

Maybe they were planning to use the summon as a quest reward. So now you effectively have to code and form a quest AND a summon familiar. Takes quite a long time.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Maybe they were planning to use the summon as a quest reward. So now you effectively have to code and form a quest AND a summon familiar. Takes quite a long time.

That would make sense. Not to mention that takes a long time for new updates to get out...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I didn't realize that an update could be done in as little as two months. Just be patient, they haven't forgotten.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I think you'd be surprised how much work goes into each update, even these "smaller" ones. ;)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Don't forget that its not like once the poll results came in programmers/artists/sound technicians just dropped what they were working on. Jagex has to have the right people to work on projects, and many are busy as it is.

And, as others mentioned, most updates come in packages. Having a quest or a certain requirement (other than summoning level) also allows Jagex to justify having a stronger familiar (Barrows gloves would seem really overpowered if they didn't require RFD to buy them).

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

I didn't realize that an update could be done in as little as two months. Just be patient, they haven't forgotten.

It's a single familiar; Jagex probably has the capability to produce such an update in a few weeks or less. The most likely reason it hasn't happened yet is that it's not high on the company's priorities. PvP worlds, the megaquest, and a myriad other updates are what Jagex is concentrating on right now.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

as other have said, probably gonna be in new update.

Why do you find a need to post if your going to say exactly what others said, even SAY your saying what other said, and offer no original input to the topic?

And what are you doing in your post? :wall:

OT: I think that they are working on it now. It takes a while to impliment updates. They have to check for bugs and other things. So just be patient and we will see. ::'

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

I think you'd be surprised how much work goes into each update, even these "smaller" ones. ;)

I remember when jagex made a "small" update where they didn't put alot of trouble into, it allowed people to log out and in during a fight pits game, logging out meant you had lost, yet you remained in the arena and were able to "pk" other people that had done this,when someone else killed you you died and went to lumby. THe updated had nothing to do with the fight caves, but jagex didn't put alot of thought into it and errors occurred #-o

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

In all honesty, I'm doubting they had a set plan for all the familiars they suggested through that poll. Perhaps a few scratch ideas, but that's primarily it.

As mentioned above, the coding would need to include it's graphics (for both versions), the way it absorbs light (or it may be a lightsource itself), the way it moves, what it says and under what conditions. Then there's the more simpler things, such as basing what exp to give for it's Pouch creation, Scroll transformation, Pouch graphics, scroll graphics (neither of those should've taken too long), the head graphics (for interface), and most importantly, the abilities it's given (right clicks for example) and what use the scroll is. Another consideration would be what Secondary to give (and you know that changes what the exp from pouch creation is), how many shards, and of course, the all important charm type.

I can expect a lot of people voted for the Phoenix as most people see it related to rebirth, hence somehow, they thought it might resurrect them (I'd more likely trust a Suqah to resurrect me rather than a Phoenix.)If we follow the Harry Potter stereotypes, a Phoenix will most likely also be able to heal you in a way. Perhaps, it will heal itself a lump sum when it dies(or hits the 1 hp mark), i'm assuming it'll resurrect with perhaps half it's hp, and with a doubled hp restore rate, it's also likely it'll run from battle. I'm probably thinking as a payment for the Phoenix to resurrect, it would need to use perhaps 5 minutes of time (dependant on charm perhaps) and the whole special bar.

Altogether, i'm thinking it'll actually be a redux of the Unicorn Stallion (Green charm, entrana firebird feather,) but it can rebirth from battle if it dies (how likely is it that a familiar actually dies, unless of course, you get the damage transferred to it). The right-click "Cure" option may be similar, and perhaps scrolls will have a 10% healing effect if it is a Unicorn redux.

And as stated to death by other posters, you can't expect them to have the update out within a week, it'll be more efficient if they take the development time after the decision was made.

The poll was to decide which Summoning familiar would be introduced next. They said nothing about putting it into the game shortly after the poll. It just means that when they do decide to add another familiar, we'll know what it is.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

as other have said, probably gonna be in new update.

Why do you find a need to post if your going to say exactly what others said, even SAY your saying what other said, and offer no original input to the topic?

As the guy said, why would you post just to say exactly what others said!

[/irony]

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png