Whats with the AGS?

miracleman58

Jagex thought they fixed the mask/3a market with prices going up every day, but in the attempt to fix this, they made the ge even worse than before- now ags can only be sold with masks added in, soon, ags can only be bought with masks added in. Simple how fixing one problem brings up tens of others. Jagex is stupid- always has been, always will be, doing this instead of changing prices, lol.

I don't see how that could ever become a problem for the AGS, thanks to the joy that is coinshare, if the AGS becomes hard to come by, just buy the bloody hilt, you're guaranteed to get one.

So let me get this right- 10k ags owners sell their ags during this decline, and then hope to get it back for market price from the 50 hilts that come from cs drops? Ags and sgs will both come unbuyable after the decline is over and you'd have to add an animal mask to get one. This is how the post-limit economy works- massive fluctuations, people making lots of money from them and owning items becomes very expensive.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex thought they fixed the mask/3a market with prices going up every day, but in the attempt to fix this, they made the ge even worse than before- now ags can only be sold with masks added in, soon, ags can only be bought with masks added in. Simple how fixing one problem brings up tens of others. Jagex is stupid- always has been, always will be, doing this instead of changing prices, lol.

I don't see how that could ever become a problem for the AGS, thanks to the joy that is coinshare, if the AGS becomes hard to come by, just buy the bloody hilt, you're guaranteed to get one.

So let me get this right- 10k ags owners sell their ags during this decline, and then hope to get it back for market price from the 50 hilts that come from cs drops? Ags and sgs will both come unbuyable after the decline is over and you'd have to add an animal mask to get one. This is how the post-limit economy works- massive fluctuations, people making lots of money from them and owning items becomes very expensive.

Why would these owners suddenly get the urge to get an ags back?? They didn't sell for nothing you know?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Why would these owners suddenly get the urge to get an ags back?? They didn't sell for nothing you know?

Because they do not want to lose money, ofcource? when an item's price is going down, that's what they tend to do, so after the decline they could buy the item back for a lower price. If you think about your question once more, i think you should understand how stupid it was.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The only things comparable to the AGS spec for KO potential are the dark bow and the dds. Dark bow spec is as good I would say, except for the downfall that you can only spec one time, and you have to wait a real long time before attacking again. The wait time on the AGS is fairly low, and if your last spec you can use nearly KOs the opponent, you dont even have to switch weapons again to finish the opponent. If your dds fails, which it will way more often than the ags does, you need to switch back to a more powerful weapon. Also, you have to switch to the dds to begin with. The only thing dark bow has over AGS is that you can blitz and dbow rush someone from a distance.

When you look at the AGS special by itself, as a special weapon, its not that great at all. The rare 70s arent worth the huge price tag. But this isn't what makes the weapon so great. The fact that it is also a godsword to begin with is the complete selling point of the AGS. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen someone get hit down to 10 hp with AGS spec, and then finished off by a NORMAL HIT for a 40+ without needing to change weapons (and, you dont need to CARRY more weapons either)

Imagine if the whip had a special that was comparable to the dds. The whip is STILL 1.5m+ after being around for years, and the special is TERRIBLE. AGS (or any GS) as a non spec weapon is nearly the same as using the whip, if not better in some specific scenarios. Then add on the fact that the special attack is one of the highest damaging in the game...youve got a great weapon.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

AGS is hopeless case...even if it was 5 mil would not even bother to buy one...had one and sold it immediately...SGS is much much more better.......

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

torso, rune plate/legs, granite plate/legs, dragon chain/legs barrows armor and bandos armor. All the mix matching actually delights me in the fact that people are using diversity. Infact their is a post on the RSOF about the combat triangle Raxxx Cypher is the author of the post and it is very well writen, and deserves a look.

What's the quickfind code for that post?

sorry about that, i havent been back to this thread. Ill try to find it.

Quick find code: 74-75-291-57483028

Supply and Demand.

Trying to be a smartass?

This is much more than just supply and demand. Rumors, panicking, well thought-out sales (merching), plus a bad system (GE).

Trying to be a smartass?

You just named various things that effect demand, Ace. The only points that you brought up that aren't supply/demand are the last two. Although, you can argue that the bad system is supply.

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

AGS is a very good PvP weapon. In the past I have held on to one for several months.

I think it's worth its 50-90M price tag, NOT because it's extremely useful but because among all items it makes you feel the coolest. The animation for the special is top notch, the look of the hilt and weapon are beautiful, and you'll always remember the KO's you can produce with this (I 1 hit my old clan leader, Dragonsama, for a 70 while he was eating once)

With that said, the weapon itself is indeed powerful. In terms of versatility, BGS, SGS, and DDS all surpass it. However, for most PvP (i.e. BH, Clan wars) it is the best special weapon. A ~10% chance of hitting 70+ (assuming you hit) is actually a huge advantage. Even consider that there's a 50% chance of KO if you hit and your opponent is below 35 HP.

Note: I would expect a bounceback soon, and then a continuation of the fall.

In my opinion, the Armadyl godsword's special looks rather homosexual. Bandos is much better, it looks like you're slamming your opponent into the ground. Armadyl's has a queer jump and twirl reminiscent of a dancer, with a white trail of gas flying into the air (probably released from the user's ears).

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Looks like the novelty wore off. People are starting to demand it at a lower price, that's all there is.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

In my opinion, the Armadyl godsword's special looks rather homosexual. Bandos is much better, it looks like you're slamming your opponent into the ground. Armadyl's has a queer jump and twirl reminiscent of a dancer, with a white trail of gas flying into the air (probably released from the user's ears).

ROFL

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

ROFL

Made me laugh.

ROFL

Made me laugh.

LOL

but on a more serious note...

seriously, im not surprised if its dropping. the only use for an ags is for maxing and im glad people have realised that its overated. it can come in handy in pvp if you wanna quick ko in bh or something or if you want to get rid of some junk. people pay up to 500k an hour to lend an ags so it could be useful. maybe

Money_Wasted.png

They're going down because of the "new" 80+ Attack/Strength items that PvP Worlders can use.

It is unwise to state your speculations as facts.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

They're going down because of the "new" 80+ Attack/Strength items that PvP Worlders can use.

It is unwise to state your speculations as facts.

It's 3 Hit U, that's just what he does. On the odd occasion that he's correct he goes round like he knows everything...

ROFLMAO

Sigged.

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

yea ags is overrated. u pay 90m for an extra 6 dmg (on average). the spec doesn't hit that high that often.

btw that comment was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!!!!!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

yea ags is overrated. u pay 90m for an extra 6 dmg (on average). the spec doesn't hit that high that often.

btw that comment was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!!!!!

LOL, take a look at the prices, your 30mil off.

price as in b4 they dropped

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~