Whats with the AGS?

miracleman58

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, as an outspoken AGS antagonist, I find this hilarious. However, I hope that it doesn't drop too much and take away some of that OMFG I GOT A [cabbage]ING HILT WOOOT!!!11!one1!!! feeling.

Maybe the Sara version will overtake it, eh? Or perhaps it already has...I should really pay more attention to prices...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Meh, people were bound to realize that it wasn't that good.

yes, i play only castle wars usually. BGS is a good CW weapon all around. Lower defense if your the CW-PKer, also lower the def of an enemy who is holding their own flag, which will add up after 2-3 spec's and then if someone has a ZGS or an AGS or anything thats going to do damage... well its very helpful.

Don't spose you could post pics of all of the godsword ge database pages? :mrgreen: Good thing I don't want an ags, just a sgs :P

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Not so "brimming with potential" now is it? :lol:

Like with alot of games, the "bazooka" is always the most highly regarded. With 3 other comparable counterparts, all with identical stats, just vastly differing specials (sorta) its hard to understand why this, with the least spectacular special, is the most sought after.

Granted in combination with other GS's/weapon specials, the AGS becomes a godsend, but it is replaceable.

BGS- damage boost+ stat destroying ability >wins my vote for usefulness, I'd rank it next to SGS for all around usefulness

SGS- normal hit + 50% heal+25% prayer restore- easily the most useful overall special of the bunch, health and prayer. C'mon.

ZGS- 20 seconds of peace for you, and face smashing of your opponent? pretty great in 1v1 or for manyV1 where the many has the gs

AGS- 25% extra damage. Crazy high hits, but you cant "one-hit" anyone with it. you could probably eat enough to survive two decent hits from the special. Good but not exactly great.

Now thats just looking at effects, all are crazy powerful, but I'd say none are actually worth more than 15-30 mil. I have owned or used ALL of these weapons, and while my stats arent the greatest i can see how they would be later on. I know first hand how pleasant it is smashing stupidly high damage, but its not worth the insane cost.

In terms of usefulness I'd say the ordering would be: SGS BGS AGS ZGS.

*note* this is a generalization- in specific cases each can and will surpass any other.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

great more ags spec-n-runners. :wall:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

AGS is a very good PvP weapon. In the past I have held on to one for several months.

I think it's worth its 50-90M price tag, NOT because it's extremely useful but because among all items it makes you feel the coolest. The animation for the special is top notch, the look of the hilt and weapon are beautiful, and you'll always remember the KO's you can produce with this (I 1 hit my old clan leader, Dragonsama, for a 70 while he was eating once)

With that said, the weapon itself is indeed powerful. In terms of versatility, BGS, SGS, and DDS all surpass it. However, for most PvP (i.e. BH, Clan wars) it is the best special weapon. A ~10% chance of hitting 70+ (assuming you hit) is actually a huge advantage. Even consider that there's a 50% chance of KO if you hit and your opponent is below 35 HP.

Note: I would expect a bounceback soon, and then a continuation of the fall.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, it's obviously not "brimming with potential," as the Examine says ;). When supply goes up and demand goes down, prices go down. More people use GWD as a main source of income = more Hilts/Godswords = prices falter.

Our_Moon.png

Well, it's obviously not "brimming with potential," as the Examine says ;). When supply goes up and demand goes down, prices go down. More people use GWD as a main source of income = more Hilts/Godswords = prices falter.

Well, yes, in the long term. But the reason for the most recent crash is because of the upcoming PvP updates and higher level equipment.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

AGS is a very good PvP weapon. In the past I have held on to one for several months.

I think it's worth its 50-90M price tag, NOT because it's extremely useful but because among all items it makes you feel the coolest. The animation for the special is top notch, the look of the hilt and weapon are beautiful, and you'll always remember the KO's you can produce with this (I 1 hit my old clan leader, Dragonsama, for a 70 while he was eating once)

With that said, the weapon itself is indeed powerful. In terms of versatility, BGS, SGS, and DDS all surpass it. However, for most PvP (i.e. BH, Clan wars) it is the best special weapon. A ~10% chance of hitting 70+ (assuming you hit) is actually a huge advantage. Even consider that there's a 50% chance of KO if you hit and your opponent is below 35 HP.

Note: I would expect a bounceback soon, and then a continuation of the fall.

the under italicized part... honestly what can i say? If thats what your into, go for it.

the bold part, I disagree with. I felt like a power ranger with the AGS spec.

and as for the memorable KO's that is undeniable. But, still the BGS spec nearly replicates it, and also makes for interesting fight if the person survives the hit.

besides what is the AGS max anyway 76? or so? Because without a fire cape i have produced a 68 with the BGS(with "normal" gear and super pots.)

Well, yes, in the long term. But the reason for the most recent crash is because of the upcoming PvP updates and higher level equipment.

i dont think we are going to get HIGHER equipment then the GS but, if you meant "higher" in the aspect of... barrows equals. Then yeah, I HOPE TO GOD. I truly hope this is one thing that is correct about the PVP update is new HIGH level stuff. Seriously, i see no need in more mithril equivalent armor that does not at least follow fashion or function.

Void was nice, and painted shields were okay. But we need to spruce up the armor in this game and make it more interesting. What i do like to see is lower leveled players(typically) who wear items such as

torso, rune plate/legs, granite plate/legs, dragon chain/legs barrows armor and bandos armor. All the mix matching actually delights me in the fact that people are using diversity. Infact their is a post on the RSOF about the combat triangle Raxxx Cypher is the author of the post and it is very well writen, and deserves a look.

torso, rune plate/legs, granite plate/legs, dragon chain/legs barrows armor and bandos armor. All the mix matching actually delights me in the fact that people are using diversity. Infact their is a post on the RSOF about the combat triangle Raxxx Cypher is the author of the post and it is very well writen, and deserves a look.

What's the quickfind code for that post?

sigcopyaf.png

There's rumor that there are a small group of merchants responsible for the price crash. At least, that's what I heard earlier today from a clan mate. I don't know how reliable his source was.

"They" aren't involved... not that i'm... one of them... or anything. *Looks about nervously, smiles.*

Our_Moon.png

Good thing I traded Purple + AGS for White + 22m back when AGS was like 140m in GE.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

You should look at a comparison between the Damage boosting Godswords (via spec) and the ones with more trivial uses.

BGS and AGS have been dropping since the 20th/21st at a large rate, however SGS and ZGS have only been step-declining recently. SGS suffered on the 21st whereas the ZGS is suffering on the 22nd.

I'm thinking there's an influx of Hilts, hence making the price go down, and perhaps a manipulation from the buyers that try make the sellers have it go down (or perhaps, too hard to sell at max, so they sell at min instead?)

We'll just have to wait and see if they skyrocket once the actual PVPality is released, and how it fares, if it is a bomb-out, expect a BGS to be at about 15m or lower, and each in their semi-similar aspects.

Jagex thought they fixed the mask/3a market with prices going up every day, but in the attempt to fix this, they made the ge even worse than before- now ags can only be sold with masks added in, soon, ags can only be bought with masks added in. Simple how fixing one problem brings up tens of others. Jagex is stupid- always has been, always will be, doing this instead of changing prices, lol.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I bought an AGS today since it's dropping, it'll probably go back up (you know what people are like when they buy things out).

Plus when PvP arrives I'm sure it will have its uses again same goes for Clan Wars (next month?).

Jagex thought they fixed the mask/3a market with prices going up every day, but in the attempt to fix this, they made the ge even worse than before- now ags can only be sold with masks added in, soon, ags can only be bought with masks added in. Simple how fixing one problem brings up tens of others. Jagex is stupid- always has been, always will be, doing this instead of changing prices, lol.

I don't see how that could ever become a problem for the AGS, thanks to the joy that is coinshare, if the AGS becomes hard to come by, just buy the bloody hilt, you're guaranteed to get one.

Dark_Jab.png

There's rumor that there are a small group of merchants responsible for the price crash. At least, that's what I heard earlier today from a clan mate. I don't know how reliable his source was.

"They" aren't involved... not that i'm... one of them... or anything. *Looks about nervously, smiles.*

I believe he means A C I D Y.

Unless you're associated.

To be fair, it was worth all that money. So many people used it for what is was meant, PvP. You don't see a half decent Pk vid without an ags nowadays.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.