Sara Sword dropping like a stone.

GGunitfan10

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the next best thing to a godsword, all of which are 25m+ and most people can't afford that so a Sara Sword is the #2 weapon Because let's face it, not everybody has like 65m burning a hole in their pockets for an Armadyl Godsword.

Saradomin Sword isn't even better than a whip, how is it the next best thing to a godsword?

I dont understand all the fuss about items dropping in price, ITS ALWAYS LIKE THAT! All Items other then Rares should and will drop in price its common knowledge. I bought SGS at 94m, I wanted one so I bought it, am I now mad that it dropped 30m ? No, since, I knew it will the day I bought it.

This tread is a useless as if I would make one for how I paid 3 runite bar and 4000 nats for a Rune baxe! Or 5m for a dragon sq. Armor and weapons will always drop in price, stop all the non-sense!

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

ss is worth it, i get 30k exp/hr more with ss than scim where i train, and i can resell ss when im done

That must be waterfiends then? Can't really compare SS to scim there.. You're talking about a 50% increase in XP rate by swapping to SS. Really it's marginally better, maybe 5-10% faster. Also, these threads are coming up so bloody often, is there nothing else to talk about?

Its really not worth anything over 3-4m, if that.

Everyone just thinks its some amazing strength training item when really it just looks cooler than a d scim although I admit it is a little better.

agreed. i hate ppl who say sara sword is super good. its not really that great, and sure not worth 9m (like half a month ago).

You hate people for having their own opinions?

ok. lemme rephrase that. i hate ppl who give ss way too much credit.

It's still the same :wall:

I dont understand all the fuss about items dropping in price, ITS ALWAYS LIKE THAT! All Items other then Rares should and will drop in price its common knowledge. I bought SGS at 94m, I wanted one so I bought it, am I now mad that it dropped 30m ? No, since, I knew it will the day I bought it.

This tread is a useless as if I would make one for how I paid 3 runite bar and 4000 nats for a Rune baxe! Or 5m for a dragon sq. Armor and weapons will always drop in price, stop all the non-sense!

I completely agree with poster above.

Recently i got a guthans and i didnt sell it because i decided to keep it as a trophy no matter people say bunnyip replaces it. And guess what? - It doesnt. and by the way i found many UN - SUBSTITABLE uses for guthan's at my def lvl (80) such as Blue Dragons - nearby monsters for healing . Other than that terrordogs.... the list keeps going on (this is where bunnyip can't help for sure. I found keeping it,no matter it's price will continue to fall drasticly each day, is more benifit because of it's effect i get while training - makes things easier

To get back to the topic. I would resume the reasons : 1. School holidays over - people sell things they dont use (This could be the main trigger - REMEMBER TODAY IS 29th AUGUST (AT LEAST HERE) 2. Market gets bigger each day,and ss becomes more common

zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Dracula_Magic.gif

The G.E uses supply and demand.

It means they is more supply at the moment as everybody is deciding to sell thier godswords now people are noticing everybody will buyone and the price will go back up.

That is the balance of guthix (or the econamy?).

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

It is the next best thing to a godsword, all of which are 25m+ and most people can't afford that so a Sara Sword is the #2 weapon Because let's face it, not everybody has like 65m burning a hole in their pockets for an Armadyl Godsword.

what does a godsword have to do with anything? a whip is much cheaper, and a defender is free.

if your speaking of STR training, well the godswords really are not where you should be focusing.

Isn't it funny how when you discuss an item dropping, everyone with that item gets scared so they sell them while they can and it makes the price even lower.

Well ss was alredy dropping but I guess all TIFers read and sold because it dropped 350k today :shock: but ss market sucks

Once a couple people sell for lowest to get rid of it it drops like 3k then EVERYONE sells then it drops aton.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I bought my SS back when the "Big Peak" happened about a month and a half ago, for 8.6. Sold it finally for 8. Glad I did when I did. Maybe by the time it starts to rise again, I'll be able to buy two of them. :lol:

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

Lobsters, high level fish, and Potions are rising.

GWD items and other higher priced items are falling.

Coincidence?

All weapons follow the same trend as the fabled Abyssal Whip -

When more people start utilizing the methods to get it, more of the item comes into the game, ergo the price falls. Why is this coming as a giant shock to people?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Meh imo if you're that concerned with your item going down in price you must not really like the item anyway. Armadyl armor is dropping too atm, I could care less. If you feel like your items are a financial asset that you would ever consider liquidating, do it now. You probably don't enjoy the items enough anyway.

But the first whip sold for i think like 150m but that was before G.E. and i think sara sword was around 11 or 12m, It's alot less dramatic than the whip but It still might go back up but I have school now so Im not going to sell it might go back up it might not.

sarasword was over 20m when it came out lol

StarViv.png

Nothing food wise rose today only potions rose.

Click the 30 day graph for cooked lobsters.

Maybe they're beginning to slow down, at any rate lobsters skyrocketed recently.

The fast dropping is all produced by the same GE update- Amounts needed are so much lower now, and when an item drops a little bit more people panic and it just comes down as a big snowball. They will probably fix it soon enough though(the update means that merchanters can make ridiculous amounts of money and normal people will lose alot of it just being in possession of the item). I sense a big economical crisis with high priced armor and weapons.

I do too although it makes sense. I bought a black mask when it hit it's all time low. :)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

But the first whip sold for i think like 150m but that was before G.E. and i think sara sword was around 11 or 12m, It's alot less dramatic than the whip but It still might go back up but I have school now so Im not going to sell it might go back up it might not.

sarasword was over 20m when it came out lol

actually, it was 6mil then people realized, it was a strength tool. Then, demand hit it quickly

but whatever. It has limited uses and is pricey. Just what i would except from people. Alot of kids think oh 5mil ill buy this or that even tho its 90% of my $. then CRASH "cry cry cry" is how it goes. This leads to further crashing. Panic should not dictate a market. Yet it does and will always.

All thats really happening is prices are dropping to comphensate spelling for the ammount of money people have. like many people have said; a trend. Most items are dropping now because the hype and love for them is finally starting to decrease to a suitable level.

As mentioned the Gutham set is dropping because people have found other ways to regenerate: bunyips etc.

Godswords are dropping because of a trend; I'm not sure if people are less intrested in them.

But either way, don't panic. it will eventually come back up; you can either decide to bail out and take what money you can make.

or

ride it out; and not give a crap about what the market it doing because GS's are awesome. ::'

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)