Runescape: Now on addictinggames

Thrallster

Very little, the whole "miniclip ruined rs" arguement is pretty flawed tbh. I dont think miniclip did that much to the game really, i know people who joined in that wave of players and there just as fine as the rest of us.

Unless this site is for really young kids (dunno whether it is or not) the average age of an Rs gamer shouldnt change, nor should the average maturity.

How can you say that the average age or maturity shouldn't change? Back in the RSC days the community was far more mature (thought not completely) than today.

Although there is no hard facts and research to prove it, I do believe miniclip had a good impact on the maturity/age level of runescape. Let's face it - most kids in their teen years don't bother with those minigame sites like miniclip anymore. Some may still find it fun, but most just go for their consoles or play in a MMO. I would say the majority of users of miniclip are below the age of 14. And considering what Andrew stated many years back, before runescape was advertised on miniclip, that a good handful of runescape users are either teens or adults, I think it is safe to assume that mixing some -14 year olds with the aduldish audience would have an effect on the average age.

Ouchy_S - 1000 more kids eh? Just look at the number of plays on addicting games. It's already 13,000 and growing, and it's the first day of release. At that rate that's 5M more views of runescape a year.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you are all business-tarted. The goal of and business is to provide and be successful, making profit.

Let me break it down.

More advertisements = more players

More players = more members

More members = more profit

More profit = better company.

Better company = success.

[/thread]

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I guess you are all business-tarted. The goal of and business is to provide and be successful, making profit.

Let me break it down.

More advertisements = more players

More players = more members

More members = more profit

More profit = better company.

Better company = success.

[/thread]

Most people should know that they do this to increase profit, and I don't think that was the general focus of the thread. I think this thread is more about the effect it'll have on the community, and I agree with those who say it'll have a negative impact.

... I think this thread is more about the effect it'll have on the community, and I agree with those who say it'll have a negative impact.

Let this be the question to end all questions about this subject.

What is so bad about children playing this game?

Seriously, let's think about the situation for a moment. People have been upset with players from Miniclip before, only because they believed that they brought immaturity into the game. [As stated in an article I wrote a year ago for RuneHead], I don't feel that age means a damn thing when it comes to a game. After all, it is just a game. You're not even supposed to be able to ask someone what their age is, anyway. Besides, when it comes right down to it, you can say you're as old as you want to be, but that doesn't mean you'll act that way.

To be frank, I feel that the players that view others that come from sites as Miniclip or Addictinggames as immature are ten times worse than the supposed "children" that come onto the game. If we're really acting paranoid about this whole thing, maybe we shouldn't be playing -- maybe we should be doing more "adult" things.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Very little, the whole "miniclip ruined rs" arguement is pretty flawed tbh. I dont think miniclip did that much to the game really, i know people who joined in that wave of players and there just as fine as the rest of us.

Unless this site is for really young kids (dunno whether it is or not) the average age of an Rs gamer shouldnt change, nor should the average maturity.

How can you say that the average age or maturity shouldn't change? Back in the RSC days the community was far more mature (thought not completely) than today.

I dont doubt that the average maturity in Rsc was alot higher than now or after miniclip but at the end of the day miniclip is not the soul reason for this. When Rsc was launched not every child had access to the internet and Rs may not have appealed to them as much. Nowdays there are alot more kids online looking for free games. Its inevitable(with or without game sites) that the number of kids playing the game would increase. Even if Rs hadnt been put on miniclip the average maturity would have decreased, people love to have a scape goat though and miniclip bought the bullet.

And in the future the community will probaly become less mature again but is the advertise of the game on sites like these the only reason? No, its because of the same reasons that have effected Rs in the past and the fact that the game seems to be leaning toward a younger audience.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Makoto, I've been a part of both the Addictinggames and Miniclip communities in the past, so I know first-hand what it's like. I don't get what's wrong with me saying that those communities are generally more immature than the existing Runescape community.

Well who knows...it was out today and it already have 27,054 plays today. It will surely bring new players and members (because tbh I saw runescape for the first time on miniclip and played from it for like 6 mounths :oops:

Also jagex is in a power move (HD,world record,addictinggames)

ib7rVm.png

Hopefully addictinggames' fan base is a little more mature... -.- we can only hope

Well, older is definitely. Mature, not so sure.

I have this opinion because none of my friends go on Minicip; addictinggames is much more 'cool'. But whatevs.

Runescape has been on a big marketing drive for awhile now, its not the first nor will it be the last gaming portal affiliated with.

It wont make much of a noticeable difference. But I'm sure I've seen it there before tho. :roll:

You can find a list of affiliates here.

http://www.runescape.com/a=14/affiliates.ws

Maybe I'm just way tired, but I don't see "addictinggames.com" on that list =O

I know I shouldn't but I will.

Alkaline, STOP SPAMMING!

On Topic:

Maybe I'm just way tired, but I don't see "addictinggames.com" on that list =O

That is because they are just advertising RuneScape, not an affiliate.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

RuneScape has been on AddictingGames and Funny-Games.Biz for a very long time...

And recently Kongregate.

Its just advertising... Every good company does it.

True, but i didnt know that it was on funny-games.biz :o

and about that thing with Addicting games's fanbase being more mature, look at kongregate they have one of the most mature players of any flash website and when RS was put on there well...... #-o Facepalm #-o all i can say is, SPAM

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

I know that Runescape has been advertised on Addictinggames for well before now. I recall seeing it when I first wanted to play, which was during RS1... 4 ish years ago. but the game wasn't popular there. This isn't new, at all.

EDIT: Checking addictinggames now, I see the banner ad on the side... In that case, That's just advertising on Jagex's case as ...someone... said before me (can't check the names with edit).

First, Id love to know how people can take 1,000,000 paying members, 150,000+ daily players, and god knows how many free accounts, then sum them all down to an "average age" and "average maturity"

Just because you meet a few people each day had st00pid for breakfast doesnt mean the maturity of the game is going down.

It cant be done, it simply cant.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

People always make topics about RuneScape being on new game sites. What next, "OMG runescaep is on fun orb!"?

Oh my god, it is?!

Jokes...

Anyway. Im TIRED of prople stating 12 year olds are morons, but suddenly at age 13, BAM! They become mature. Most lower levels start out with 1337 speak, and as they become higher level they realise how idiotic it is. Besides, if under-agers are muted, who cares? (yes, i know SOME people lie about their age)

on one hand the people i find myself associating with most of the time are helpful and mature...

on the other hand lord forbid i lose my members subscription and wind up in lumby *shudders*

Sirdanile.jpg

Thanks "MrShinyredplanet" for the sig!

Thanks "littleboy" for the avatar!

Blood +,Code Geass (both seasons),Death Note,Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,.hack//(all), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka 7, Bleach,Cowboy Bebop,DN Angel,Scrapped Princess,Kiba, Rental Magica,D-Grayman,Fate/Stay Night,Elfen Lied,Chrno Crusade,FLCL,Haruhi Suzumiya, and Gungrave. Anime i've watched, pm me to suggest other series

People always make topics about RuneScape being on new game sites. What next, "OMG runescaep is on fun orb!"?

Oh my god, it is?!

Jokes...

Anyway. Im TIRED of prople stating 12 year olds are morons, but suddenly at age 13, BAM! They become mature. Most lower levels start out with 1337 speak, and as they become higher level they realise how idiotic it is. Besides, if under-agers are muted, who cares? (yes, i know SOME people lie about their age)

QFT.

I remember about 2 years ago i would use shortened words and be a complete idiot whenever possible. Though as I played more and I began to reslise how stupid it was, and I started to type better.

Though it's not neccessarily the age that tells how nice a person will be, sometimes I feel like being an idiot around friends (and sometimes random strangers) just for fun. :lol:

1yrb49.jpg

*sigh* not this shull bit again -.- young players will find their way to runescape no matter where its posted. also, dont assume young players are automaticly whiny noobs with 1337 speak.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Makoto, I've been a part of both the Addictinggames and Miniclip communities in the past, so I know first-hand what it's like. I don't get what's wrong with me saying that those communities are generally more immature than the existing Runescape community.

Well, here's what's wrong with it.

It creates silly premonitions about this group of players when they come to RS, and it also creates artificial maturity when a player is a certain age. That's what I'm trying to get at, and that's who I feel is really immature/undeserving to be a part of this community.

[My philosophy: Either co-op and grow up, or get out.]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The last time runescape was put onto a flash site (miniclip), the amount of under 13 kids playing the game skyrocketed.

98% of stantitics are made up ;)

:mrgreen:

Good job Jagex.

why is my quote everywhere :wall:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Why are you all so immature, ignorant, and biased? Many of you, myself included, are somewhere in 13 to 18. If you are not, then you should me smart & mature enough to acknowledge that there is a simple option which allows you to block/ignore another player. If you are, you're also considered a "kid" and many of you act immature without you noticing. This is a GAME which is open to everyone. The 13+ policy is bull. True kids (7-11) hang around kids because a 15-year-old RS nerd doesn't talk about what a 7-11 year-old talks about or how they say it.

When I played, I didn't saw anyone else acting as a kid. Want to know the main reason why? because where I hanged out (trained, ect) was were the low to mid levels didn't/don't go. If you often are annoyed by, or see many, kids then you should find another spot. When I did see someone acting stupidly, I would just play along and have some, if any, laughs. If not then I would just not respond. I have never reported anyone because I think it's lame and pathetic. A way for [kitties] to defend themselves (compare it to real life: pussie starts talking about you and says annoying things behind your back, when you confront him, he goes like "calm down calm down" then you start talking about and he goes to the teacher and reports you. NO BALLS).

-_- GROW UP

Lol yea, same thing with 18. Say you're 15, your girlfriend is 17 close to 18. Everyone is like "you can bang her, dude" but then when she turns 18, everyone starts thinking "wtf, is this dude nuts?? she can be a child abuser".

Also, say you're 17 and people tell you "you can't do this and that" but all of a sudden, you turn 18 and you can do everything. What is the difference between 17 and 18, NONE? between 15 and 18, NONE EITHER. If you aren't weak-minded, you can drink at 15.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

This is going to be an EPIC FAILURE.

I know what jagex should do: when someone who SAYS theyre 13+ applies for membership, jagex calls thei parents and asks how old they really are. this will really help runescape.

However, we msut remember that all good things (I'm referring to rs) come to an end.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.