Runners

Georgelemmons

I've seen a couple other people post about running, but I was wondering how many Tipiters actually run.

-If you run, do you just do it for fun, or are you on a team?

-What distances do you run, and what are your best times?

-Any training tips?

Personally, I'm an okay/decent runner. I like cross country, so I run 5Ks, which are about 3.2 miles.

My PRs:

400M - 58.2

800M - 2:13.7

1600M (mile) - 5:11

Cross Course (~3.2 miles) - 19:59 (haven't run this in a while, so that's a slow time)

If I'm the only person here who does this or you just hate running, please post ::'

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt going to post, seeing as i am a swimmer and have no advice on running, but since you said it was okay to say: i hate running.

its pretty bad for your knees, especially cross country.

i imagine most people do it for fun or enjoyment, because its just so miserable if your dont like it.

i wasnt going to post, seeing as i am a swimmer and have no advice on running, but since you said it was okay to say: i hate running.

its pretty bad for your knees, especially cross country.

i imagine most people do it for fun or enjoyment, because its just so miserable if your dont like it.

It's also hell on your back. I used to enjoy running, but I have a muscle disease that worsens around age 13 or so, so for the past few years running has been very painful. At least I have a higher pain tolerance now :) .

It's also hell on your back. I used to enjoy running, but I have a muscle disease that worsens around age 13 or so, so for the past few years running has been very painful. At least I have a higher pain tolerance now :) .

Not to be intrusive, but what disease?

I dislike running, but I do enjoy going on long hikes.

I ran all four years of high school, and as a team we came away with 4th, 2nd, and two state titles. Individually the best I ever placed in state was 8th, though I blame that on soccer, since I also played soccer all four years, and they scheduled 2 play-off games a day before state each year, which I certainly felt the next day. We were in the lowest division though (B), which means we were only competing against small schools (>500 in the high school might be the cutoff, but I really have no idea), so we weren't exactly facing super stiff competition (we won last year 31 to 73, which was the largest margin of victory in state history), but with our times I believe we would have been competitive with many of the larger schools. Like you I never ran the mile, but in meets I seem to remember passing the mile mark anywhere from 5:30-6:00. For the 5k, I ran 17:47 in state my last two years, though my PR was closer to 17:00 I believe, since the state course was tough and a little bit long. Next year I'm starting college and will most likely walk on, assuming my knee stops giving me trouble as it has all summer.

So yeah, I guess I got kinda carried away in this post...w/e I do enjoy running, nothing better for collecting your thoughts imo, certainly one of my favorite things to spend my time doing.

ShadowSam19.png

i enjoy running when i did 2 years of XC during high school, i've started running again for fun at college but im having trouble because like most people they run on concrete and mess up their knees and backs, but my HS XC coach use to be a national runner and knows to run grass and trails which doesn't hurt your knees at all. any way at college there aren't many trails around here, and the concrete is start is starting to mess my knees up

im ganna start biking and swimming till i can find a good running spot since im training for an Marathon in October.

longest i've run? 14 miles -+ 1 mile

legends2.jpg

i was a runner, not for a team, just to be in shape lol, i am trying to get into running again i used to run about 4 miles a day, 2 miles up and 2 miles back to my house, i have to start out a little now to get back into it, like 1 mile, 1mile, i was thinking about going out for a team, but i dont like to do that, i just like to run for fun.

I just got back into running a few months ago. In fourth grade I could run a 7:45 mile. Now I could probably run a 8:00 mile. I'm going to work for like 6 months to get my mile as close to 6:00 as I can, and my prediction is I'll get down to 6:30. I plan on joining track and running a 1600 or a 3200.

This is mainly to get back in shape and actually do something extracirricular at school. Plus, I love running. Now to get good at it again.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I'm in a track. Not a runner. Hate it. But I do it anyways. I'm not good at it or bad. I'm medium. We haven't gotten to recording or anything yet, though, but I'll tell you I'm one of the slowest. Bronchitis a few years back tore up the lining of my lungs, now it's like a slight asthma. No inhalers for me, though.

Damn it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I ran all four years of high school, and as a team we came away with 4th, 2nd, and two state titles. Individually the best I ever placed in state was 8th, though I blame that on soccer, since I also played soccer all four years, and they scheduled 2 play-off games a day before state each year, which I certainly felt the next day. We were in the lowest division though (B), which means we were only competing against small schools (>500 in the high school might be the cutoff, but I really have no idea), so we weren't exactly facing super stiff competition (we won last year 31 to 73, which was the largest margin of victory in state history), but with our times I believe we would have been competitive with many of the larger schools. Like you I never ran the mile, but in meets I seem to remember passing the mile mark anywhere from 5:30-6:00. For the 5k, I ran 17:47 in state my last two years, though my PR was closer to 17:00 I believe, since the state course was tough and a little bit long. Next year I'm starting college and will most likely walk on, assuming my knee stops giving me trouble as it has all summer.

So yeah, I guess I got kinda carried away in this post...w/e I do enjoy running, nothing better for collecting your thoughts imo, certainly one of my favorite things to spend my time doing.

A 17:47 was 8th in your state for cross country? What state do you live in?

I do run, and at the moment I'm 8th on my team. My best 5k time is 19:20, my best 2 mile on the track is 11:35, and my best mile is a 5:20. All of those will fall this year, however.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

I do run, and at the moment I'm 8th on my team. My best 5k time is 19:20, my best 2 mile on the track is 11:35, and my best mile is a 5:20. All of those will fall this year, however.

Nice. :thumbsup: Better than me.

I'm trying to beat 6:00 for a mile, and I'm pretty sure I can do it. Last time we did the mile in school was the day of a meet, so I didn't go all out then, and during the 2 mile I didn't go all out either.

Random, but oh well..--- I have a freshman on my XC team who's insane. Best 5k-16:32 Best mile- 5:16

1ekn0o.jpg

I ran almost every morning for a while just to stay in shape for about a year, and I stopped about a month ago. I enjoyed it some mornings, but others I was like, "OMG I HATE THIS!!" Then I realized that going to the gym and using the machines is a lot more fun and I don't have to do it in the morning :o

Washington...not sure if you're thinking it's fast or slow, so I'll rationalize it either way: Don't know how other states/countries do it, but in my area high schools are classified by size from 4A down to 3A, 2A, A, and B, meaning my school was in the least competitive bracket, so that may be why it seems slow. If it seems fast, that's probably because the entire pacific northwest is a hot-spot for running, just look at Oregon. In fact, two high schools in my (rather small) city made it to nationals and placed top 10, one of them being only a couple miles from school, and using my schools amazing trail system to train.

ShadowSam19.png

Never done any serious running... but whenever I do get out on the track, I am really only good at sprinting. Best mile time is a 7.36, so definitely not exceptional. My low stamina doesn't help any.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

starting cross country with my hs team tomorrow. pretty nervous actually, i havent done xc since like grade 6 (5 years or so ago) and am afraid im going to be terribl now. i came in 2nd in grade 4 out of about 200 people but that was a good 7 years ago lol. also, the distance this year is gonna be like 7k :-#

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I run on and off to try and keep fit. A few years ago I got really into it, did a lot of training at home to try and get competitive for the cross country runs at school. Traditionally i'd be happy finishing above average in those races, but I really pushed my training that year and came 6th (out of a few hundred). Since I started going to the gym though I kind of lost interest. My dad used to run and then suffered with his knees later in life, so i'll probably go the same way if I keep running seriously. I quite enjoy it when I do it though, did an 8 miler a few weeks ago with my sister (who's doing a half-marathon).

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I used to do Running, as a sport, now I just do it every so often because I really didn't like it.

I'm decent....

My sisters a pretty serious runner though, she beats me pretty easy.

Trains all the time.....

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I'm a failed runner. I'm starting to get in shape more, but I styill can't run that well. My last mile was 8:15. Epic fail. I really need help :wall:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I love running <3:

I run for fun and on a team. When I run by myself i like to run 5+ miles to push myself, listening to my ipod of course. I'm not a sprinter I am horrible at the 100m-400m, my favorite race is the 800m. I'll run the Chicago marathon when I turn 16 ( I live by Chicago). Oh, and running keeps me in shape for basketball =D

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

starting cross country with my hs team tomorrow. pretty nervous actually, i havent done xc since like grade 6 (5 years or so ago) and am afraid im going to be terribl now. i came in 2nd in grade 4 out of about 200 people but that was a good 7 years ago lol. also, the distance this year is gonna be like 7k :-#

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I always have way more fun running with a friend or a team. It's just easier to run with someone else. ::'

I love running <3:

I run for fun and on a team. When I run by myself i like to run 5+ miles to push myself, listening to my ipod of course. I'm not a sprinter I am horrible at the 100m-400m, my favorite race is the 800m. I'll run the Chicago marathon when I turn 16 ( I live by Chicago). Oh, and running keeps me in shape for basketball =D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What conference and high school do you run for? I might have run against you.

1ekn0o.jpg

I love running <3:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What conference and high school do you run for? I might have run against you.

Northwest suburban , wheeling high school.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010