New New Nano

runescapeloser22

Meh, I'll stick to my 5th generation video. I also don't see the big deal about the Iphone. If you want a good smartphone, get a Blackberry. Oh well, just part of Apple's marketing scheme to target people that will buy any new Apple product when it comes out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPod Touch hasn't changed much. I was pissed when I heard they were releasing a new iPod only days after I bought my iPod touch. So I'm glad they didn't add anything of much interest.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Hmm... I've got an idea. How about instead of posting crap about how much iPods suck [wagon], or how much you hate iPods for NO REASON AT ALL, why don't you post something useful?

I know I'm going to get flamed for "mindless consumerism" here, but I'd like somebody to post another mp3 player that has all of the following features:

16 GB flash drive

2 inch display w/ at least 240 ppi resolution

video capability w/ at least 30 fps

click wheel (or other touch interface)

backlit screen

full color display

24 hours music play back

ACCELEROMETER

weight under 1.5 ounces (nano is 1.3)

Not to mention the features:

Cover flow

Tons of games (ones that take advantage of the accelerometer

Smart playlists

Not to mention the fact that you can shake your iPod to shuffle it. (Not as dumb as it sounds)

Oh yeah.. It comes in 9 different color choices.

Good thing I always go with regular MP3 players and not those Ipods, they suck.

Sorry if it offends anyone, but I'm anti-ipod.

its cool to not be able to afford stuff

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Hmm... I've got an idea. How about instead of posting crap about how much iPods suck [wagon], or how much you hate iPods for NO REASON AT ALL, why don't you post something useful?

I know I'm going to get flamed for "mindless consumerism" here, but I'd like somebody to post another mp3 player that has all of the following features:

16 GB flash drive

2 inch display w/ at least 240 ppi resolution

video capability w/ at least 30 fps

click wheel (or other touch interface)

backlit screen

full color display

24 hours music play back

ACCELEROMETER

weight under 1.5 ounces (nano is 1.3)

Not to mention the features:

Cover flow

Tons of games (ones that take advantage of the accelerometer

Smart playlists

Not to mention the fact that you can shake your iPod to shuffle it. (Not as dumb as it sounds)

Oh yeah.. It comes in 9 different color choices.

One of us... One of us... One of us...

Anywho, what are smart playlists?

Do you mean normal smart playlists, or the ones they just introduced? I'm not sure about the one they just introduced, but normal smart playlists are playlists that contain all the music of a certain category.

By that I mean it will automatically add all the songs of a certain Album, album rating, artist, bitrate, composer, compilation, date added, date modified, parts of the song name, disk number, genre, last played, last skipped, play count, name, rating, podcast, season, show, size, time, year, video type, etc. The list is about twice that long. You can have as many filters as you would like. You can limit playlists to a certain number of songs, you can have the songs selected randomly, have it update automatically. Just about anything you can think of.

-----------------------

Shake to shuffle your tunes... why? What's wrong with a few clicks of the Menu button and spending all 5 seconds of your time scrolling down to "Shuffle songs"?

A new shape... what's wrong with selling a case for the Nanos that already exist? Why make us pay a fortune for a whole new iPod just so we can have the shape?

A "Genius" feature... I can make a playlist perfectly well by myself. Why do I get the feeling this feature will come with a friendly "Inside the Apple store" section too?

This is a pointless gimmick - and I say that as someone who owns a 3G Nano. Nothing on this is something that can't already be done with a few minutes of uninterrupted attention. (Hmm... Maybe THAT's why these things sell so well with students...)

You're forgetting the fact that it comes in a 16GB model. So unless you really need the extra storage, or just have to have it because it's new, or really want the new features, there really isn't a reason to upgrade from 3g to 4g. (I guess there are quite a few reasons..) But if you're currently using a 2g nano, you can be sure there won't be a new one for at least 6 months, so now would be a great time to upgrade.

But I bought my 3g nano in December. 9 months ago. It still works perfectly fine. I only use about 4 gigs of storage on it, and sure the shake feature would be nice, but the only time shuffling bothers me is when I have the ipod plugged into the dock, in which case I can't shake it anyway. But at least my fingers would be able to press the play/stop button more easily... (the dock is kind of in the way on the 3g nano)

Just installed firmware 2.1 for iPod touch. It rocks! Only thing they added which is of significance is a mic-in port. So no VoIP for us old touch users.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

I have an Ipod because I can't really find anything of similar capacity that I can trust. I would have gotten a Zen, if they made anything over 20GB. There was a 32GB mp3 player I had found, but I really did not trust it. I would have gotten an iTouch, if it wasn't for the $500 and not being able to change the song without having it out in the open. I'd rather keep it discreet that I'm walking around with $300+ compacted into one easy-to-steal object. So I settled with the iPod "Classic" 80GB. Some might say it's massive, but for me it's the perfect size. Everything is easy to use, it fits in my pocket very well, and with 4,000 songs on it and around 1-2 hours of video, I still have 56GB available. My next best option was a 32GB Creative Zen player for $20 more than what I ended up paying before tax (My mom is one helluva barterer).

Basically, an iPod was the best price I could get for what I wanted, and since I had owned a 2G nano (Which I put through Hell and back), I knew I could trust Apple not to screw me over on quality.

And what is so bad about iTunes? I personally love it, because I find it quite simple. Smart play lists are awesome, the Library is easy to navigate, Party Shuffle is useful, and making custom playlists is just incredibly easy for me since it's drag and drop. I would use Windows Media Player, but I hate how it looks.

Also, coverflow is something that should never be included as a plus. It is pure gimmick, and has proven to be of absolutely no use to me.

One thing that I love about my new iPod versus old one is the fact that I can change the shuffle settings in Now Playing, I don't have to go alllll the way to the Settings menu.

tl:dr? I like iPod because of my experiences with them, and I don't see why iTunes is considered to be the anus of media players.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

they think its hard to add music to it from an outside source

Put all MP3's in a folder and click "add folder to library" is also another good way.

when you buy music from iTunes it's protected so they can't put it on other devices.

Lol...people still pay for music?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

If you're actually organized, it's incredibly easy. I agree it can be hard though depending on how you do it, which is why I have made a system, where if I download music, I download EVERYTHING I can by each artist. Then I group into folders by artist, add folder to library.

The only thing I wish is that I could be able to re-scan my computer for new music, and that you were given an option to automatically clear any duplicates.

I also hate buying music digitally. I pay for CD's because I like the hard copy. There is no way someone can pirate me an entire CD for free.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I've had my 4g nano for over 2 years now and it still works great

Same here, and I don't see the point in making them smaller since I can never feel it in my pocket. Other than the battery being 50% less effective, i'll still be using the 1st gen nano for a looong time :D

hiccup.png

Ipods have poor sound quality, which defeats the purpose. They suck, period. The ipod classics sound suck, all the other spinoffs suck even more, and the touch is the one that sucks the most. "OHGAWD LOOK I CAN DO THIS AND THAT AND THIS HAHAHAH" yeah? Thought to check the sound quality, sucker? Ipods used to be the best, but now all the other companies surpassed it, better screens, better battery life, better sound quality, and better price. Ipods are for idiots, end of dicussion.

I've had my 4g nano for over 2 years now and it still works great

Your lucky. Mine hardly works for less than half an hour, even after charging for more than a day. Does not matter though, it got stolen, and I got a new one last Christmas.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Ipods have poor sound quality, which defeats the purpose. They suck, period. The ipod classics sound suck, all the other spinoffs suck even more, and the touch is the one that sucks the most. "OHGAWD LOOK I CAN DO THIS AND THAT AND THIS HAHAHAH" yeah? Thought to check the sound quality, sucker? Ipods used to be the best, but now all the other companies surpassed it, better screens, better battery life, better sound quality, and better price. Ipods are for idiots, end of dicussion.

Do you... Own an iPod?

I find them to have very good sound quality, especially the iPhone/Touch/Nano. The WiFi capability, GPS, Video player, multi-touch, and the latest software 2.1 makes the iPod by far the best AV device there is. You can even wirelessly store files on an iPod Touch/iPhone via local network connection.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

I think they look really good actually. I wouldn't buy one, their memory capacity is still a little low for me, but I like the sound of the "Genius" feature (if it works) and shaking to shuffle songs.

Genius is crap. Only works with songs bought from iTunes, as far as I know. I believe it was changed when they switched from 2.0 to 2.1 firmware though.

Shake-to-shuffle, however, is a fun and useful feature. However, not currently available on iPod Touch/iPhone.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Do you... Own an iPod?

I find them to have very good sound quality, especially the iPhone/Touch/Nano. The WiFi capability, GPS, Video player, multi-touch, and the latest software 2.1 makes the iPod by far the best AV device there is. You can even wirelessly store files on an iPod Touch/iPhone via local network connection.

He probably owns one, just doesn't have the brains to try a different set of earphones... the thing that really changes sound quality. :shock:

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Do you... Own an iPod?

I agree with Da_Latios. Do you have one to know? I find that they are fairly reliable machines that fit all the criteria.

Don't make a generalization about something if you do not have sufficient evidence to prove it, or else you will be hunted down and proved wrong.

EDIT:

He probably owns one, just doesn't have the brains to try a different set of earphones... the thing that really changes sound quality. :shock:

You are right. The default head phones that come with the iPods are terrible. You are better to buy a proper set of head phones else where, so you can experience the full capabilities.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I do. i am in favor of a tax they want to put on mp3 players here where I live so that money goes back to the artists who worked hard to make a living from their music. I used to download tons of music...before i knew i was going to work in that industry. Now i buy all my cds in a music shop. The good advantage is that you won't hear me whine when my pc dies since i have the real deal. And also i dont have to search for a long a time in the music store i go since i go there at least 1-2 times a week and they know what i listen to. So i simply enter...speak to some dudes and dudettes, listen to their selection they put away for me and pay.

And a drawer full of cds looks awsome

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

What the heck do you mean Lol? In case you were not aware, downloading a track of music without paying for it from a website (ie. Limewire) is ripping from the artist. Stealing, in other words. And in case you were also not aware, stealing can get you convicted by the police, which probably means imprisonment.

ojdv.jpg

But I bought my 3g nano in December. 9 months ago. It still works perfectly fine.

Exactly, that's my point.

When I bought my DS back in April 2005 (I think), the DS Lite wasn't realised until a good year and a half later. When the GBA was released in June 2001, the GBA SP wasn't realised until almost two years after that. Moreover, they actually had some tangible advantages compared to their predecessors - the stronger and clearer backlight + smaller and lighter design + bigger stylus of the NDS Lite vs. the DS, and the pocket-sized nature + backlight of the SP vs. the GBA.

I object to spending in excess of £100 every 9 months, like only someone in the middle classes could, just because they've slightly fiddled about with the design a tiny bit, and passed it off as a whole new model, just because it's an iPod. Maybe if the quality of the music was better (since that is, after all, what an iPod is for), I'd consider, but they're just re-releasing what is essentially the same thing over and over again at full price instead of giving us the chance to upgrade the iPod's we already have.

What the heck do you mean Lol? In case you were not aware, downloading a track of music without paying for it from a website (ie. Limewire) is ripping from the artist. Stealing, in other words. And in case you were also not aware, stealing can get you convicted by the police, which probably means imprisonment.

There isn't enough places to hold all the people who download music illegally in this world....Haha.

Like everyone at my school would be got.

And of course he was aware lol.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Yes, because how horrible would it be if artists couldn't have houses like this? They're barely surviving as it is. Not to mention that cds are the only source of revenue for them, it's not like they make any money from live shows, merchandise, etc.